Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    This is a weird thing to mention, but we live Oreos for a different reason. 2 Oreos are only 16grams of carbohydrate, and it's one of the few cookies that is below 20g per serve. My 9 year old is a type 1 diabetic, and a 2 pack (they sell them this way for lunches) is a great midday snack to avoid blood sugar lows. Also, what 9 year old doesn't live Oreos?

Yes! I knew Oreos were good for you! :)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for Nabisco to bring back The Cotton Candy flavor!

Any flavors you wish they would bring back? Which flavors do you want to see made next?

I never got to try Jelly Donut and Fruity Crisp, so I want those back.

I want them to make -
    carrot cake
    banana creme pie
    green tea
    toffee butterscotch
    macadamia nut

• ThereAreManyNames
    ThereAreManyNames Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, this thread was made for me. Oreos are the one junk food item I haven't been able to jettison from diet. But original only for sure.

A little TMI here maybe but I can always tell I'm fixing to start my period when I get those cravings for sweets and 'you know six Oreos and a glass of milk is a perfectly okay meal substitute!' starts to make a whole lot of sense to me. And hey the calories do work out just fine...
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    The fruity crisp ones were good. I miss the rice krispie Oreos. Those were fantastic. Though have to admit the current peanut butter pie ones are the best pb ones I have had so far. Like the graham cookie base for them.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    The last two I've found, peanut butter pie, and rocky road, are the bomb.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Oooooh, haven't looked for rocky road yet! I agree, those peanut butter pie ones are really yummy :heart:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Oooooh, haven't looked for rocky road yet! I agree, those peanut butter pie ones are really yummy :heart:

Do they taste anything like Nutter Butters? This might be an Oreo flavor I could get behind!
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    @Cbean08 You can get green tea Oreos if you go to Indonesia.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for Nabisco to bring back The Cotton Candy flavor!

Any flavors you wish they would bring back? Which flavors do you want to see made next?

I never got to try Jelly Donut and Fruity Crisp, so I want those back.

I want them to make -
    carrot cake
    banana creme pie
    green tea
    toffee butterscotch
    macadamia nut

I could get behind Carrot Cake, Banana Creme Pie, & Toffee Butterscotch.
  • kimny72
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Do they taste anything like Nutter Butters? This might be an Oreo flavor I could get behind!

Sadly, I have never had a Nutter Butter :cry: . The peanut butter pie oreo is a graham flavored cookie, and the filling is half pb and half chocolate.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Sadly, I have never had a Nutter Butter :cry: . The peanut butter pie oreo is a graham flavored cookie, and the filling is half pb and half chocolate.

Heathen! (Neither have I)
  • pinuplove
    edited July 2018
    Options
    :open_mouth: What cookie wasteland do you people hail from?
  • kimny72
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Unfortunately, while I love to try new foods in general, I tend to stick to the old familiars when it comes to the cookie aisle.

I was raised in a house that didn't fraternize with Nutter Butters, and dammit that is just how I live my life.
    Perhaps it's because it contains the word "butt".

We did Chips Ahoy, Oreos, those Keebler fudge-covered graham cookies I can't think of the name of, Ritz Bitz (not really a cookie, I know), Animal Crackers, and these big soft chocolate cookies with sugar crystals on top that came in an English Muffin style tray in a bag.

I was practically made of peanut butter as a child, maybe my mom figured I needed more chocolate, graham, and cheese cracker nutrients to round out my diet.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    Deluxe Grahams? I loved those!
  • kimny72
    Options

YASSSSSS! They might live in a tree and wear pointed toe shoes, but those damn elves could make a good graham cookie. They don't taste the same now, or I have just over-idolized how they tasted then. <sigh>
  • kimny72
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

YASSSSSS! They might live in a tree and wear pointed toe shoes, but those damn elves could make a good graham cookie. They don't taste the same now, or I have just over-idolized how they tasted then. <sigh>

Fudge stripes are the best of the Elven cookies.

Mic drop

While I disagree with your conclusion, I can respect your point. To graham or not to graham is one of the age old questions. I might have to run out and get a package of each and give it more thought. And I mean literally run - I'm gonna need more exercise calories for this. After I finish my open package of Oreos. They seem to be going soft faster than they used to, although maybe it's just the atrociously humid weather.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options

Oooooo I recently had some because the Girl Scout S'mores cookie (made by the same company) gave me a hankerin' for them. The GS cookies had this weird taste so I was doing a taste test thing.

Of course.

:)

The originals were soooooooooo good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    There's supposed to be a Peppermint Bark Oreo in the works for December.