July 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @Orphia That's a great serious of time improvements on your park run times! Next week will be fast 4km?

Yes, good pickup!

At least, if all goes to plan, I'll do a fast 4 km as the next in the series, and hopefully under 28 minutes.

@Orphia stupid dogs. It looks like the pit bull that attacked me, Skip and Macy that lives up the road is gone. They moved out on Friday. The dog was still there Saturday but I went by today and pulled in the driveway and he didn’t come to the fence losing his freaking mind so I guess they came back for him. Yeah!

@skippygirlsmom Haha, that's great! Yes, I'm relieved about 2 scary Alsatians that may have departed somehow.

A policeman friend say's he's going to see what can be done about the Labrador/Retriever that chased. barked, and growled at me. He says he knows where it's from.

Teresa502 wrote: »
    @Orphia – Great progress! Will be 27:?? next week? Coincidentally, I also got chased by a big barking dog yesterday. He trotted along behind me but thankfully dropped off at the end of his yard.

@Teresa502 Glad yours was behind a fence! Oh, wow, your Pegasus are gorgeous!! I just got more of the 34s since I loved my first pair so much.

@RunsOnEspresso Welcome back!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I missed my 6 mile run yesterday. What I thought would be a couple of hours to go on and do rounds turned into 9 hours of work for me. I’m going to try to squeeze in something tonight.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Race report that isn’t on Dorset Invader HM.
    Race briefing was at 8.50 for a 9am start. At 7.30am I got up, ate my breakfast, packed my tent hurriedly into a plastic bag and drove home, where I spent the rest of the day lounging on the sofa with a book and an episode of Columbo.

The end.

Good call @girlinahat. Those sound like horrible race conditions.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    Apparently I've underestimated the popularity of the Great Wall in international communities. For us it's just an average weekend excursion. :p

@_nikkiwolf_ Sorry about the smog you ran into. I was lucky for the clear skies on that day (although I felt like a roasted pig). Air quality's still a bit hit and miss in Beijing at the moment, but more hit than miss it seems since everyone became so concerned about it. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen smog that bad since maybe two winters past.

If anybody in this group is ever in Beijing give me a PM! Morning runs around the Forbidden City, anyone?

@noblsheep For me, the Great Wall is almost literally the other side of the world:

6hy4tbdzcnlb.png

If I was ever out your way, I would make it a point to go see it as it would likely be a once in lifetime event.

Meanwhile, I live less than an hour form the Great Lakes, not far from Nigra Falls... and have not been to either. Proximity breeds complacency I guess.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    July 1 – 7.5 miles (The Channels)
    July 2 – 8.7 miles
    July 6 – 10.5 miles
    July 7 – 12 miles (Mt. LeConte)
    July 9 – 5 miles
    July 11 – 5.1 miles
    July 12 – 6.36 miles (trail)
    July 14 – 7 miles (trail)
    July 16 – 5.26 miles
    July 17 – 7 miles (The Wolf)
    July 18 – 16.58 miles – trail practice run
    July 23 – 5.5 miles
    July 25 - 5.03 miles
    July 27 – 5.08 miles (trail)
    July 28 – 7 miles
    July 29 – 7.53 miles
    July 30 – 5 miles
    Total: 126.33 miles

Hill repeats this humid Monday morning. That is all.

Upcoming Races:
    September 1 – Iron Mountain 16-Miler
    September 7-8 – Blue Ridge Relay
    October 20 – Cherokee Harvest Half Marathon
    November 11 – Rock n Roll Vegas Half Marathon
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Why not? I have a map with push pins showing every run. It's fun, it's motivational. I don't necessarily have a goal of running in all 50 states - but it is fun to see all the places I've gone.

Do you only do races, or any runs? Do you pin the city, or just the state?

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent @biketheworld @MegaMooseEsq etc
    i've seen a few times people with a map on the back of their shirt and they x or color in the state. some are nonspecific but i met an adorable couple in WA who were doing half marathons in each state. they did one in Fort Atkinson in WI so we bonded over the awesomeness of the state
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent @biketheworld @MegaMooseEsq etc
    i've seen a few times people with a map on the back of their shirt and they x or color in the state. some are nonspecific but i met an adorable couple in WA who were doing half marathons in each state. they did one in Fort Atkinson in WI so we bonded over the awesomeness of the state

I like the shirt idea! I'm still quite a few miles away from half marathon distance, but I suspect it might be a good distance for me. A half in every state sounds like a fun goal!