July 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq i can't say it's an achievable goal for ALL people but i think it is for many and the training doesn't take all day for the turtle team. i could go do my long run in the morning and still meet people for brunch.
    wqrvukhdh7hw.png
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    @MegaMooseEsq i can't say it's an achievable goal for ALL people but i think it is for many and the training doesn't take all day for the turtle team. i could go do my long run in the morning and still meet people for brunch.
    wqrvukhdh7hw.png

Sign me up for the turtle team!

@5BeautifulDays 5 miles is 5 miles ma'am, fast slow or otherwise.

@marisap2010 Work multiplying, hate it when that happens!

@mbaker566 Speed demon and the old girl look great. Too funny on her refusing to move until otw back to the vehicle :D

2.46 miles of intervals this morning for 47.10 on endomondo and 6.2 treadmill totals of 53.3/50 miles for the month.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    @ariceroni that 20 miler was awesome! And a 50 mile week is tremendous! You really sound like you will be ready to CRUSH the Chicago marathon in October and get your BQ!!!
    @LaDispute57 you are on vacation. Let the mojitos win!!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent @biketheworld @MegaMooseEsq etc
    i've seen a few times people with a map on the back of their shirt and they x or color in the state. some are nonspecific but i met an adorable couple in WA who were doing half marathons in each state. they did one in Fort Atkinson in WI so we bonded over the awesomeness of the state

I like the shirt idea! I'm still quite a few miles away from half marathon distance, but I suspect it might be a good distance for me. A half in every state sounds like a fun goal!

There is a 50 states marathon club and I'm pretty sure there is a 50 states half marathon club too. I'm thinking about joining the 50 states marathon club at some point since distances beyond marathon still count. So a 50K, for example, still counts as a marathon as long as the other rules are followed (it has to have 10 finishers, has to be published, etc.).
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    So it is July 30th and I am at 103 miles. If I am to reach my normal month I only have to run around 95-105 miles between today and tomorrow. Should be easy... if I can just get a time machine to create enough hours in the day to pull that off with out missing work/etc!

@PastorVincent We just need @AlphaHowls and @JessicaMcB to run some virtual miles for us.
    I need 52km so 2 - 26km.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    So it is July 30th and I am at 103 miles. If I am to reach my normal month I only have to run around 95-105 miles between today and tomorrow. Should be easy... if I can just get a time machine to create enough hours in the day to pull that off with out missing work/etc!

@PastorVincent We just need @AlphaHowls and @JessicaMcB to run some virtual miles for us.
    I need 52km so 2 - 26km.

I like this plan!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Weirdest thing I saw was a bunch of pickles laying by the trail in the woods. I have no explanation for this, but am sure there is a reasonable one out there.

Someone must have drank the juice and left the pickles!
    http://benefitof.net/benefits-of-pickle-juice/

We actually bring pickles to XC/T&F meet because it stops muscle cramping. Right now I have a HUGE jar of dill pickles in my refrigerator. Skip got a really bad cramp one time and drank some of the juice out of the jar and in a short time the cramp was completely gone. Mustard does the same thing, she tried that once, she hates mustard and after about 5 minutes thew it up, but the cramp was gone.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Weirdest thing I saw was a bunch of pickles laying by the trail in the woods. I have no explanation for this, but am sure there is a reasonable one out there.

Someone must have drank the juice and left the pickles!
    http://benefitof.net/benefits-of-pickle-juice/

We actually bring pickles to XC/T&F meet because it stops muscle cramping. Right now I have a HUGE jar of dill pickles in my refrigerator. Skip got a really bad cramp one time and drank some of the juice out of the jar and in a short time the cramp was completely gone. Mustard does the same thing, she tried that once, she hates mustard and after about 5 minutes thew it up, but the cramp was gone.

Many people speak to the power of pickle juice as a recovery drink. It has a high concentration of salt which is probably why. I mean it is essentially drinking flavored salt water :)
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Many people speak to the power of pickle juice as a recovery drink. It has a high concentration of salt which is probably why. I mean it is essentially drinking flavored salt water :)

Totally delicious :)