Options
    2kqyzphnhrjz.jpg

He's so squishy!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dawn- your Winnie doll is adorable. Does it have the scentsy packs inside like the other animals?

Air quality is unhealthy so windows are not open, too many fires. My regular list of errands today and then inside as much as possible.

Knitting and napping with any luck.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- yes, Pooh comes with a Scent Pak, straight from Hundred Acre Wood...hehe... unfortunately, they are on back order, so they are currently scent-less... :( hopefully, they will come soon...I was just as excited to smell the Scent as I was to meet Pooh :)
    Stay safe out there!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog, more sleep for me with any luck.

Someone I know at a grocery store stopped to talk about the ashes. If you were in a hurry, you would not see them, but ashes were falling yesterday morning. About the size of dandruff. No extra walking for me. Good breeze yesterday and moon is no longer orange. Air still smoky.

Pork Fried Rice today - Black Bean Burger yesterday for Hamburger salad (have 2 leftover portions). Dishes and Laundry also on tap.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Waiting for the timer to beep so I can put the rest of the pork fried rice in the freezer for lunches.

QOTW: With Monday coming what one thing will you work on to keep in better health?

AOTW: For me it will be walking after dinner / dog walk to get more steps in.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    amend my answer of AOTW - if air is safe enough to exercise in, tonight it is not. I found out in the gym they have a stationary bike, so that may be an option down the road.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weight down 1 pound. Nice change of direction. Apt with Dr Wednesday to discuss a new bp med.

Today is another red day for air quality will go and close window, and maybe no extra walking outside..... will focus on water intake.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sara - wow! that nail color is BRIGHT! My all time favorite is OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress. (they always have the wildest names! that must be a fun job to come up with those!)

Dawn - I am working long days this week, so will have to depend on DH to get Gracie into vet. I thought she was doing better when we got home but turns out she is still having the dry heaves just slightly longer between episodes. Poor thing. I feel so sorry for her.

Survived the Jeep trip to TN. Let myself get too dehydrated and had to skip part of the trails, but did get to do a lot of fun stuff like wander around Brushy Mountain Penitentiary (used to be referred to as the Alcatraz of the Appalachians, and abandoned since 2009). Very neat & kinda spooky. Also took a run through an abandoned train tunnel that was over a mile long and run some mountain trails at night. I did not eat as well as I could have but also it was not as bad as it could have been. I just have to get back into a good routine.

I am very sore and tired. I have given up and reached for the caffeine to get me moving. Trying to get back into the habit of logging everything. I did not realize how much of a help that was. When I do log, it makes me much more aware of what I am eating and why (am i bored, actually thirsty, etc, etc)

Weight bounced back up to almost where I was when I started in this group, but am determined to get it back down again.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, all!

Busy busy busy. Lots of meetings today and feeling pretty pooped.

Nice job on the loss, @Tilliesmommy1!!
    And I’m sure you’ll get back in the swing of things, @hickchic67! Logging really does help. I need to more diligent in this as well!

Anyway! About to head to another meeting! Have a good one.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,874 Member
    Options

Dashing through....still running between appointments. Will BBL.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Crochet this evening. Have 7 hearts left to make by Thursday, and as I have Wednesday off, this should not be a problem, I will make more than 40.

Air is just too much (or too little) and I will walk dog after dinner, but otherwise we will be inside.

Lana -appointments are annoying but necessary. Hope your day ends well.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2018
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning.

Now 2 large fires pouring smoke into the Valley. Lovely. Third red letter air quality in a row. Really not a good time to get exercise, so I stay quiet indoors. Just read that the red alert will be through Friday.

Boss gone all of week - so as I got to hear about her housing situation I decided she needed to hear about my feet, one boring story for another!!

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,874 Member
    Options

Good morning All~~

Sara - The boss is gone all week; that's good. The fires and smoke in your Valley - not so good. I don't do any indoor floor exercises, so who am I to suggest them, but maybe just play on the floor with Tillie and get in a few leg lifts or whatever in place of your walking? Sounds awful, I know....

Waves to everyone else at the Cabana Club.....

Today is a travel back to NC home day. See you tomorrow.

Lana

241.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • kayrich1392
    kayrich1392 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    so quick intro about myself. hi, my name is karina and i am a serial starter. i somehow warped he idea of weight loss into a joke and i’m done! i always commit and start and when i make my usual “slip ups”, i internalized that i’ve messed up so why not keep going and i’ll just start next week. granted some of my slip ups are more severe than other ones but that’s it. i’m comitting to a change and sticking to it. my issue isn’t lack of motivation, it’s lack of support. i come from a family where my lack of having a fridge without juice or a cupboard without carbs is a sin. should mention i’m doing keto. since moving out of my mom’s house, i’ve been able to adapt living a healthier lifestyle because i control what is being bought and stored in the house. however my boyfriend is another issue, we don’t live together so there is no influence there but when we come to each other’s house, first thing mentioned is you want to order food. i am a sucker for laziness so if i don’t have to cook, bring it on. the other issue with him is that when i’m on roll, he always offers to buy me food and i put my foot down and say no. when i say no he gets his panties all in a bunch which is honestly one of our only recurring arguments. i come to you guys for the support i don’t usually get in my every day life, in other words HELP!

sincerely,
    karina
    the serial starter
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Karina - start by finding habits you can keep that are not around food - drink extra water, increase exercise. Those you can control without getting into "food fights". Offer to go for a walk with boyfriend to burn off some of the extra calories?? Just a thought, but stop by when you can and tell us how you are doing.

Pea soup outside, dog not interested in long walks (no there is a hint about air quality). Sun yesterday morning was a large orange orb. 2 of the largest fires in our state history going on at the same time. Sounds like a science fiction novel.

Good thing (2) is that I now have time to knit before work and drinking extra water is a lot easier........ >:)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tracey <3 to you, keep your doctor in the loop while you do this. Otherwise, have at it.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Tracey <3 to you, keep your doctor in the loop while you do this. Otherwise, have at it.

Unfortunately, I don't have a doctor. For over thirty years, I have been unheard and had concerns dismissed by every single practitioner I have visited. I no longer trust the medical profession. I'm pretty sure everyone has had a similar experience, once you are viewed as morbidly obese, everything else is hypochondria. Losing weight will solve all your problems per health care workers. No one wants to look at the root cause of why you are fat.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tracey, I hear you, just make sure you are getting the tests you need (ob/gyn, mammograms etc).

Speaking of which I am overdue with my mammogram, but waiting for the weather to "improve".
  • bbqchips93
    bbqchips93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! New to this thread, not new to MFP (had an old account that I've long since abandoned). Missed the forums. I'm 24, started and quit countless times since I was a teenager. Every new start was "this is it! This is going to be the time I follow through!" and then I lose steam and quit. But, I don't know. Something feels different now. I'm so tired of not liking what I see in the mirror, and not being the active person I always wanted to be. I've been back at it for almost 2 weeks now, took measurements this morning, and I'm excited to see the progress. One of my little goals, or motivations, is for the next time I go in to have my yearly check-up with my doctor. Last time I was there I had lost 7 lbs (without really trying) and she congratulated me on that. When I have to go in next time, I'd like it to be much more than 7 lbs!

Starting weight: Around 175, I haven't weighed myself since I started.
    Goal weight: Probably around 120, but that's open.