Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - you are right Ohare is bad enough length wise but I have not been to Union Station in decades. All your food was walked off - I bet you sleep well. Glad there is no snow so you can live in your shoes safely. Keep walking and do your best without a scale.

Hot chocolate after dinner. Printed some Skinnytaste.com recipes for next week.

Wishing all a great night.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Rewarding myself with a Starbucks nonfat chai latte... after not wanting them for months, have developed a craving for them again. Must be the cold weather.

Got most of the pre-holiday housecleaning done, thanks to partnership of DH. Grocery shopping on the near horizon.

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Tess
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana - waves! No snow here, either... calling for rain and thunderstorms... temps are going to plummet, soon... pretty chilly for you?

Sara - that sounds really yummy! Love squash

Tess - my Thanksgiving got a bit messed up... so, will not be able to make it home till Fri night... we'll have Thanksgiving Sat... rather disappointed, but it's what happens with job change and selfish co-workers... oh well.. it'll still be ok...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Dawn is there holiday pay you can take advantage of? I used to have to work the Friday after Thanksgiving at one job because I didnt have "family plans" - so I know the feeling, it may be a nice and quiet couple of days. Glad you get to have a celebration.

Tess - someone reminded me that many stores offer pre cooked ham/turkey/ roast beef in slices or as a pre made dinner package. Getting pre sliced then cuts down on the portion size and I can have booth turkey and ham!! Desserts? Will see what I might find at the International store - think meringue or macaroons.

My plan of watching Marple went out the door, I have better luck on weekends, so I will read or watch a dvd.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I asked for 3 weeks about having Fri off... then, my Mgr remembered, it's mandatory. Because of another co-worker, I now work 1:00- 5:00 on Fridays...she works mornings... so, I asked if she could switch that day and I work mornings..."I'll get back to you" she won't... she never helps anyone... so, I will just travel that evening and spend a little time with family...I could go up, Thursday morning, but I would have to leave early Friday morning... not sure which is the better decision... but, Friday it is...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog, she is done so back to sleep.

Picking up vegetables to roast this weekend and some will be delivered to me Wednesday - turnips/carrots/parsnips/ butternut squash - with maple syrup/soy sauce and pieces of bacon - skinny taste recipe.

Dawn - sorry your work schedule is less than wonderful. Maybe it will improve for the next year? Better to stay home and travel only once, my opinion - holidays are so exhausting why make it harder?

Couple more errands today than usual, bbl.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Walking dog was watching woman who was lost looking for the right apt, happens a lot here, she was my Supervisor from job 15 years ago, she now works for state doing Obamacare, did not get how to reach her but she lives nearby. Next time I will get a contact as I would love to know what working for her department is like. She said she really needs good analysts, so who knows what could happen down the road?

Also got my costco boots early and they fit like slippers and are so warm

https://www.costco.com/Khombu-Ladies'-All-Weather-Boot.product.100334124.html online has sizes 8/9/10/11 whole sizes only.

Still in green on calories. Hot chocolate? Dog walk first.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and taken care of.

Groceries, house chores and gosh is my world dull......

Back for more ZZZ. bbl
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Dull, Sara? I was just thinking how serene your day sounded....

Here, mounds of laundry are in today’s to-do list.

It’s a cold, blustery day here in DC. Am expecting to see Pooh and Piglet go blowing by any minute now. :smile:

Waves to all. BBL

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,893 Member
    Options

Happy Sunday Everybody!

The sun is out - how cheerful!!

Sara - Interesting story about running into your supervisor from long ago. You are right: you never know what the future might hold!
    Excellent to hear about your comfy warm boots!

Dawn - Enjoy your Thanksgiving time even though the days are wonky.

Tess - Stay on the ground in that wind today. Do you get to do laundry in your own home, or do you take it out?

Waves to everyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

???.? today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Hi Lana - we’re very lucky to have a washer & dryer in the house, so laundry isn’t as onerous as it could be.

Wind continues to blow but at least it’s getting the leaves off the trees in a hurry - more raking in store in the near future! In the meantime, snug inside trying to get a scarf done so someone can use it while the weather is chilly!

BBL

Tess
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - thank you... enjoy yours as well...

Sara - no, as long as I say at this clinic, I will have to work Black Friday... mandatory...I'm not too upset, it just messes up some family traditions...oh well...

Tess- we had crazy wind, yesterday... our temp went from 70° at 6:00am to 42° by 10:00am... welcome to Nov in Mo...hehe
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Whoa, Dawn - that’s a huge drop in temperature in a really short time period! And I understand about traditions changing - one of our family members has a new retail job and has to work on Thanksgiving. Hope you are able to enjoy your family, even with the late start.

Time to get ready for Monday. Good night all!

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Fried ham with butternut squash and scrambled eggs. Pear is for dessert and hot chocolate on tap.

Rain is scheduled for tonight/tomorrow, so I am in for the day. Swept leaves - slippery when wet.

Many of my jobs involved working Black Friday and the only one in my family who did. Dawn, you will enjoy your family even more on Saturday.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Down 1 pound this week. I dont have large portions of food in house, so that will help come Thursday. My regular grocery store is open part day on Thanksgiving so if I need to pick up something that is helpful. I remember when most stores closed for Thanksgiving so people could celebrate and be with their families and eat up for Black Friday shopping........

Loud noises kept dog barking last night, so I am hoping for some good sleep before work.

QOTW- how will you handle to onslaught of food Thursday?

AOTW- I will make sure to walk more that day.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,893 Member
    Options

AOTD: Walking on Thursday (partially to get a break from the crowd) and eating on program all the days around Thursday.

Thankfully, my in-laws are not big eaters and definitely not food pushers. Everything is stowed away in cabinets, which helps.

Sara - Congratulations on that super weigh in!!

Waves to everyone~~

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Monday

I have been MIA and not watching my food or the scale at all. It's been bad. Not getting much exercise except my PT. Schedule has been nuts for 3 weeks of showings. 21 showings in 21 days! But GOOD NEWS! We SOLD our house yesterday! So, no more showings and instead we can start packing. Hoping to get back to tracking and eating right and eventually braving the scale. Maybe Thursday morning before the feasting?

AOTD: My family and I are walking a 5K on Thursday morning at the local YMCA!

I'll have to take some time in the near future to read back through the posts I have missed. Hoping to get back to reading and posting regularly very soon.

Annie

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Annie - love your great and I do mean GREAT news!! at work more later.
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Annie, congratulations on selling the house! We all fall off the wagon once in awhile. The real win is getting back on again. We’re cheering you!

Sara, congratulations on the weigh-in!

Lana, hope you’re having a good time with the in-laws and staying warm!

AOTW: doing my best to pre-log and plan what I’ll eat and doing as many steps as possible. Gym is closed both Thursday and Friday so exercise will have to be foot power.

Waves to all,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Rake leaves and laundry load every night, so I will have less to do on my "down time" this week.

Got 5 premade salads Saturday which will come in handy- I will have one left over for Thurs or Friday. Did not plan whole week well.....have some things in freezer and can always make fried rice.

Waiting for drier to finish and then wind down for day.