Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Love crock pots! Gma gave me 2 that can be hooked together. Never thought I would use both at same time...they come in very handy at Christmas time, when I make apple butter for gifts...
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

.......just checking in, looking around.......

.....going back under the covers to read......

Have a good night everybody~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Soup turned out good, little too much garlic but then I am told garlic helps you sleep???? Dog up and fed and time to dive back under covers.

BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Groceries done, dishwasher and washing machine on, sweet potatoes in oven. Waiting for friend from work to call and say she can meet me for breakfast (think brunch) then we will go to the Costco and with any luck I will get a pair of warm comfortable shoes. Ate half my birthday cake yesterday (pumpkin dump cake) and the rest today.

Need to stay close to kitchen and timers. BBL
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I know it's a National Secret... but, Happy Birthday! Yer cake sounds yummy and yer day sounds good... enjoy!
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday, Sara! Hope Miss Tillie treated you kindly and the C-boys were extra attentive. :smiley:
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    hq0n6cy7pti2.jpg

Happy Birthday Sara!!!

Enjoy your Birthday Week! ......and good luck shopping and finding what you want!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Thank you ladies. Went out for late lunch and got ice cream for dessert. Costco did not have shoe size but I can order online - got jeans to wear to work in grey/burgundy (one of each) so some success. Calories in red, but I have done much worse.

Oatmeal for dinner after all my indulgences.

Wishing all a good night if I dont fly by before lights out.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Yippee! Got my birthday present today!! 2 calendars a book, Are you being served? Dvd complete set and a Lindt chocolate box. They expected receiving tomorrow, so nice surprise.
  • bertoroe
    bertoroe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm a serial starter, I'm 10 lbs less than I was before. Still have 20-30 more to go, but I'm happy that I at least have gotten that much down. Just gotta start again. :^)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, up .2 I am thrilled it is not more.

bertoroe- welcome! stop by and post when you can. You are doing a great job.

Watching my dvd set was my present to myself after dinner last night.

It is Monday - so question of the week (QOTW) and answer of the week (AOTW) looms --

QOTW- what will you be focusing on?

AOTW - still working on water and walking.

Need to scoot to save oatmeal - wave to all who follow.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Good morning all - Happy Monday!

AOTW: getting to the gym 2-3 times before Sunday, and getting 10K+ steps logged on the days I don’t.

Welcome bertoroe and waves to all.

Tess
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Lana - I have a newer crockpot which you can adjust from 2qt, 4qt, or 6qt. Got it after kids moved out and I no longer needed the huge 8 qt to cook soups/chilis/meals for 8 people. Love that I can make very small amounts for just me and DH but still have ability to cook a big pot of chili/bbq/whatever when we have people over. (Hamilton Beach 33642 Programmable Right Size Slow Cooker, Multi-Quart)

Sara - my crockpot is programmable and the warm feature coming on at the end of cook time has saved many a meal from overcooking/drying out/scorching!

Once a month (or every other month) I will assemble several crockpot freezer meals which you basically dump everything in freezer bags then you can toss in fridge night before to thaw a bit, and just toss into crockpot in the morning, then just set and forget! I can get close to a month's worth of meals for around $200 more or less. If anyone is interested I am more than happy to share the recipes. (I am also in process of adjusting some of the recipes to make in the Instant Pot - no thawing or all day cooking - just dump in IP and cook!)

Had birthday parties and club meetings all weekend. Did NOT make good choices. Scales were screaming at me this morning! They say I am up 8 pounds in only a day and a half, but I think most of that is PMS (or at least I HOPE its just that)

AOTW - making better food choices & getting my walking breaks in as well as working out in gym at least 3 times a week.
  • hickchic67
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Happy belated birthday Sara!!! sounds like you had a good birthday :)

Miss Marple & Are You Being Served? - I used to watch those all the time in high school and college! Love them! Have not seen them on any channels we have these days.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Oh - nothing better than "Are You Being Served?" Mrs. Slocombe and her *kitten*!

Oh gads: The site changed pu$$y to kitten! I love it!
    Third time around editing.....it let it through the 2nd time around. Too much. :blush:

Running to appointment......

BBL

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kathryn - that sounds like a great plan with food/ crockpot...i used mine the last couple days... with just DON'T and I, should last a few days... would love recipes... love trying new things, especially if they're simple...
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Dawn - Duh! My recipes are on my home computer and I have no internet. Am connecting on work computer so i cant upload them. Will try to find some of the recipes on line and post links.

Lana - love that show and as Mrs Slocombe would say "I am unanimous in that" LOL
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Managed to squeeze in 30 min of brisk walking on treadmill at work before heading home.
    Made dinner of healthier version orange chicken and Instant Pot Brown Fried Rice. Yum!
    Today, I am under calorie count! Now I need to follow Lana's lead and print out my good days and try to do them again - and more often!

* waves to everyone who drops in*

Hope y'all are having a good evening!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Raking leaves for 10 minutes put me at +6 calories today - I decided hot chocolate was in order earlier today which put me in the red. Rainy weather and leaves are pretty dangerous, so I will be raking more often....Pants I got yesterday are zip up and no elastic so they dont quite fit and will fit less after washing, so a good motivator to get the scale # down. So far water and walking are okay for goal.

Lady at work ordered boots online - brown only in my size. I wrote her a check for 2 pair (brown and black) and I got 2 pair of brown. Figure if nothing else I can use them next year or this year if they dont last long. $25.00 a pair was too good to pass up.

file:///C:/Users/Sara/Downloads/Cupcake_Accessory%20(1).pdf = I found this and it was too adorable, good use of small pieces of yarn - lady who took me to lunch yesterday her birthday is in March, so I have a running shot of making something like this. 100 pieces total sent today - so now I can stop counting.

Just turned my pine scentsy on, will put on the hot water for hot chocolate and maybe read/ knit before ZZZ time.

Lana - there is an ice cream place in SF called Humphries Slocombe. That show is on their PBS station daily. Love that you got "kitten" -ed. Join the club (Tess,Annie and I got kittened in same day??)

5bv27c14gevr.png

I pay to see Marple and other british shows on Acorn TV. Use it more than Netflix and half the price. Netflix may have to be cancelled..... just a thought.

Wishing all a good night
  • hickchic67
    Options
    For our knitters, in case you don't have enough projects -- http://via.fox59.com/wI10e