Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Flying through. Had a showing last night. Buyers rated it the highest - but they are not interested because they didn't like the layout. :(

Headache again today. Causing me to drink pop with sugar/caffeine to try to get rid of it. Still haven't faced the darn scale.

PT is going well. Sore, but it is a good sore. Back for more fun today.

Today is my Friday. Holiday for DH and me tomorrow. We like to start our Christmas shopping. Trying to stay with cash only and not put anything on credit card. Hard to do when trying to keep more cash on had for all this house-stuff in case we actually get to close at the end of December.

Will read through posts and make more comments/replies this weekend.

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Hi Chakota~~

Annie - Cabana Boys coming with ice packs and hot water bottles to put on head + reflexology foot massages to get rid of your headache.

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Anyone with an instant pot - how small can the meals be? Do they have to be serves 4 and larger like for crock pots?

They make a variety of sizes of the Instant Pot -- 3 qt, 6qt, 8 qt. I have the 6 qt and it makes meals for 4-6 (depending on who is eating! LOL) I have made all kinds of entrees & sides in it and a couple of nights ago, even made banana bread.
    Its me who does the treadmill for "walking breaks" to equal what others take for "smoke breaks". Getting to the point I look forward to it!
    Oh, I tried your cheese and oatmeal thing. It is most definitely NOT for me. I couldnt eat it. Guess I am just way too used to it being a sweet rather than savory dish.

Chakota - I have an Air Fryer too!!! Love it! I got a recipe for Chick-fil-a imposter sandwiches. Mmmmmmm! Also have a baking pan with it but have only tried cake once - i burnt it. :s Will give it a try again sometime.

Lana - always frustrating to find out it was a simple fix you could have done yourself. but repair is a LOT cheaper than a new fridge!

Annie - was thinking of you as I finished PT on my neck & shoulders. it is a good sore, isnt it? LOL How is the house situation going? I have to work tomorrow but in exchange, I get Black Friday and Day after Christmas as paid holidays. I guess it evens out.

Am still logging. Find myself doing it routinely during week but weekends usually doesn't get done. I will just keep at it and hope that I am still going to get a few scales wins in here and there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Kathryn !!!

Sara - Thank you for the really cute cards! Is that a little hedgehog with the wishbone? Sweet little critter~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF!! Made it through another week.

Lana - dont know what the animal is- just liked the card. Didnt realize there was a wishbone on it!! Okay so I was not quite awake.

Fell asleep earlier than usual, cant be mad at dog when I am also not adjusted to the new time.... I run after dinner and take her out so it is still light and she can have an 'adventure'.

Found out the ATM at work is gone during this segment of remodeling the lobby. Dont like using plastic unless I have to, so I got out my piggy bank of quarters, which the cafe lady appreciates. Salad for lunch and pork burrito ( I made - pork, white rice/black beans and cheese) so day is set.

I read a review about the pressure valve on the Instant Pot and saw myself in Urgent Care!! So nice concept, but I will pass.

Ricotta cheese or bakers cheese is the best for oatmeal if you happen to have it . I had Cheddar/Monterrey Jack combo- dont eat it often that way- sometimes I am tired of sweet oatmeal.

Wave to all who follow. TGIF!!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sara - Will have to try the oatmeal with ricotta. I had tried it with a mild colby, then tried it with havarti. Just not for me. but the ricotta might be a lot better.
    What was it you read about the pressure valve? The Instant Pots are much safer than the stovetop kind. I have personally seen an old fashioned stove top one explode and embed the lid in the rafters (it shot through ceiling and into attic) and the handle in a wall. Swore I would never use one. Instant Pot is much easier and has tons of safety features on it. The only issue i would guess at would be when relieving pressure and that is just plain common sense - there is hot steam coming out so dont put your hand (or head or anything else) over it. I used to push mine open with a wooden spoon when I first got it because I was afraid of it. Now I just flip it with my finger and stand back.

Chakota - stay strong and even if you dont, try to get out and hike a little! have fun this weekend!

Scales said down .5 pound this morning which was a shocker. I ate edamame with kosher salt and some salt & vinegar kettle chips throughout the evening last night. I figured the sodium would have me swollen up like a puffer fish this morning!

Am at work today and it is a ghost town. All the offices and hallways very dark and quiet - makes me think of the big empty hotel in The Shining. LOL
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow, Kathryn - those are amazing works of art! I can’t get over the small scale. Coincidentally, you posted it as I’m sitting in a Starbucks, knitting a scarf. As I read the article, all I could think was “wow- I couldn’t knit those sweaters and socks in full scale!” I tend to stick with items that don’t require sizing.

Sara, I’m taking a page from your book and knitting for charity. It’s turned cold here in DC and a local service center for the homeless need me hats, scarves and gloves. I am do hats and scarves, at least!

Hi Chakota and welcome! As hopefully you can already tell, you’re among friends here. :smile:

Never thought about mixing cheese in my morning oatmeal. Have been mixing in (lightly) sugared pecans (crumbled up) and cut-up apples. Quite tasty and great texture. I’m finding as I get older that my eating is as much about texture as it is about taste.

Made it through the Board meeting with flying colors - now have to deal with everything I set aside! I’m a nonprofit fundraiser so this is our busiest time of year.

Annie, hope the headache is finally doing better. Could it be weather-related - the change in seasons? Then again, given your stress with trying to sell the house, it’s no wonder you have a headache.

Lana, congrats on getting the refrigerator fixed! It’s always annoying when appliances don’t work but the refrigerator is an especially difficult one to do without! Are you in NYC through the holidays? It’s so lovely at that time, despite the cold weather.

Chakota’s point about the food-intensive weekend led me to toss out this question: how are you planning to get through the year-end holidays (for those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas)? I started MFP last December 31, so I haven’t gone through the food-heavy time of year yet. I did hit my goal weight for this year a couple of weeks ago, so I am bound and determined to not gain it back - and to keep going until I hit my final goal weight.

Waves to Dawn, Rsamuels, Ali, Saltine, Mango, Vanessa and all who are around. Cboys, I’ll take a G&T with a massage, please.

Tess
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, Happy Friday! :)

Well I had reached my October goal of 250 km (well actually made it to 263.13 km). So I have upped my November goal to 300 km :s I am on track as I just reached my 102.86 km mark today.

Winter has definitely arrived where I am and I am so shocked in myself for still walking outside in the cold on my lunch break (about 7.5 km). I am looking for a hat/toque with scarf attached for my head & neck (I know they are out there as I saw them last year but didn't have a use for it) as right now I am just wrapping my scarf around like a babushka but as long as it keeps me warm for now I am good & don't really care what it looks like...lol.

I am also up to running 5-6k in the mornings before work pretty constantly this week all except for Monday (I make my boyfriend lunch on Mondays...the rest of the week he fens for himself...haha) I have even been able to prep my lunch the night before and stopped eating breakfast which I haven't even missed...& have noticed the scale likes this as I have dropped 5 lbs since Oct 20th (yay 220's which is so much closer to "onederland"!!) hoping to see that by New Years if things keep up as they are fingers crossed!!

Enough babbling for me...I hope you are all doing well & I will try to stop in more often :#

Have a great weekend <3
    Saltine
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Saltine, that’s fantastic! Congrats on the km walked, the amount you are running and the weight loss. You’re an inspiration!

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hellos to Tess and Saltine and Kathryn and Chakota and Sara~~~

Everyone have a good evening and enjoy your weekend!

Waves to Dawn and Annie and Dani and Samuels and Mango and Missy and anyone else who pops by later on.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Tess- my knitting group from WW now on FB will be making things for charity instead of a gift exchange, we didnt get the idea off the ground early enough, so there will be many of us knitting for charity. Thank you for being one of them.

Over on calories. Just saying.

Burrito in toaster oven. Cuddling under covers with dog later.

Saltine - your walking/running is amazing and good for you with the weight loss. Warm is warm and fashion is overrated!!

Wishing all a great night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

I thought I would sleep early, too nice under the covers.....

Dog up and fed, we are going back to sleep. Normal errands today. Found a Tuscan Bean Soup recipe for the crockpot makes 4 so that works.

Happy Veteran's Day!

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Good morning! Good morning Miss Tillie!

It's Veterans Day. Indeed.

Sara, Someday I may get a crockpot for the NC house. I know nothing about them. What size/volume is yours? I would want the size that you have. If you LOVE yours, what brand is it?

Just the words Tuscan Bean Soup says Winter Comfort Food to me. Mmm.... I think I made it once years ago when I first got my Le Creuset boat anchor, er, I mean French Oven.

I am proud to say that I am working the MFP this morning:
    Instead of my usual trying to plan the day ahead for that one day, I am creating a "good day" on the computer, filling it out so that it is within calories, and then I'm going to print it up, hard copy.

My plan is to do two or three of these to have as templates for my many lazy days. I do have four days done from the past that I printed up that serve the same purpose.

Heck, I am going to keep trying to find things that can work for me and never give up. It just never occurred to me to just make a couple of theoretically good days, regardless of whether or not all the ingredients are actually in the house. Then, I can say to myself: I am doing this Menu today, and shop what I am missing.

Sorry this is so long.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - crockpots - I was hoping mine listed the size on it - it is hot right now, so no go on looking on the bottom of it I think it is 4 quart?...... I like crockpots - they are not overly expensive and you can set the thing to go for up to 10 hours - older ones had a knob for low/high/warm, the technology now you can set for 4/6/8/10 hours and then it goes to warm - mind you I have never tested this to see if it works, I am usually home or in and out enough when I use it. Didnt get the fresh spinach for the soup - just as well - dont really like spinach in soup, will add chopped broccoli closer to "done" time (2 hours from now)

Anything you do towards your better health is wonderful - good for you. I remember you had "mapped" out a couple of days - can you now with an empty fridge recreate those days in food?

Sunny right now for dog to sunbathe.... fog this morning.

97/98/99/100 hat is ready to be sewn up today, so I can send them Monday. May do that as I watch Marple on Acorn TV.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the day.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I love Miss Marple. Don't have Acorn TV though. You enjoy it!

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    We’re in Christmas Bazaar season at various churches in the area. The accompanying bake sales are way too tempting with their home-baked goodies for sale.

As Sara would say, it just is.

Waves to all,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Half piece of pumpkin dump cake (really one portion anyway) put me over on calories lessening the desire to make hot chocolate. Other half of piece for tomorrow. I used to eat so much of this - no wonder I was 2 sizes larger.

Wishing all a good night.