Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

AOTW: I will be working on tracking.
    It is not hard to do.
    But it is like meditation - somehow building this great habit eludes me.
    Maybe a little bit of depression the culprit here?
    So far, breakfast and lunch are tracked; dinner is planned and entered.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Arrrgh! Is there any way to enter walking by your pace in mph instead of kpm?? The gym equipment only does mph. This is aggravating.

I could swear I saw a way to do that... but, for the life of me, I can't figure it out... my stuff is automatically MPH....hmmmm... there has to be a way...
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

arniedog74 wrote: »
    I could swear I saw a way to do that... but, for the life of me, I can't figure it out... my stuff is automatically MPH....hmmmm... there has to be a way...

You can record walking by MPH?! The only thing that shows for walking pace is in kpm when I try to log anything. I dont want to have to always use some complicated calculation to convert it.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Got into an argument with sup because I was using the wrong words. Seems I understand the process, just have to use the right words. Pull my hair out - and wish I drank......

*snapping fingers for hot chocolate to cboys.

Made 4 breakfast burritoes - egg/sweet potato and cheese. 3 for freezer and one for dinner.

Gets dark fast so will take dog out asap after dinner.

Wishing all a wonderful evening.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »

You can record walking by MPH?! The only thing that shows for walking pace is in kpm when I try to log anything. I dont want to have to always use some complicated calculation to convert it.

That's really odd... maybe, I did something when I first joined MFP... but, walking is in MPH for me.... I wish I could remember what I did to help you.... that is something that would happen to me, normally... so sorry, that would be so frustrating...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - those breakfast burritos sound yummy!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kathryn! Go under "Edit Profile" there's a place to change "Units" you can change from KPM to MPH!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Breakfast burritos last night were good!! So I will make more down the road. Six burritos in freezer is enough for now. Pork fried rice next (not sure when).

Thank you Dawn for the KPM/MPH answer. After my 2nd pedometer broke, I stopped counting my steps. Why make myself worry/crazy?

Cold enough and close enough to the holidays to start watching my dvd's that only have Christmas episodes of British TV programs...some are quite good and some are very stupid, but at least I know not to watch those programs if they showed up on Netflix.

Lady at work had a cute pair of shoes so I asked. She offered to get a pair for me at Costco and another coworker (these are 2 of the few I can trust) said they can be ordered online. Short boots in black for $25.00 - worth a try. Looking for warm but comfortable shoes so keeping fingers crossed.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Wednesday.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Kathryn! Go under "Edit Profile" there's a place to change "Units" you can change from KPM to MPH!

Under Edit Profile? Ok, was looking at every other setting/preference area but that one. Duh! Thank you Dawn.
    Got it changed! Sooooooooo much easier to track walking now! Actually discovered I have been shortchanging myself on calories burned, etc because of the mph vs kpm difference! My fitbit alta records my steps and some exercises but no steps if I am on treadmill, I guess because I am not actually moving around, covering ground. Have to enter that treadmill stuff manually. :neutral:

Have managed to get walking in each day for past 6 days. Been taking "walk breaks" on treadmill while others do "smoke breaks." Figure I should get the same amount/length of breaks through out the day as the smokers take. Its only fair. Plus, have been going to gym here at office after work. Am finding I have a bit more energy when I get home instead of feeling so tired I cant move and vegetating on the couch all night.

Not going to get in as many miles today as I have been because am leaving work a little early to go get hair cut. Will be glad to get this mane under control. I feel like a cross between Einstein and a sheepdog! :wink:

Scales were down 2 pounds this morning. Pretty sure its just water weight but I'll take it! :smile:

Steelcut oats for breakfast. Have romaine salad, sweet potato, and soup for lunch. No idea on what to do for dinner yet.

Have been using new Instant Pot for dinners. So incredibly easy because I dont have to defrost meats. Can go from frozen to hot dinner in 30 min. Throw the ingredients in, seal lid, press timer, and walk away. I have some friends who are so absolutely obsessed with Instant Pot that they have multiple pots! I am not that bad! But I do want to find some recipes to help with meal prepping.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey Kathryn! Congratulations on the good weigh in! Take it!

Dawn - Nice going with the website help for Kathryn. Sometimes things are "hidden" in the strangest places. It's a sleuthing game to get to where you want....and MFP is no different.

Sara - A drag about the argument with supervisor. Hope all is forgiven and ironed out.
    I hear you on the early dog-walking. What makes me sad about winter isn't so much the cold weather - it's the loss of daylight! I don't know how the Scandinavians survive.

My refrigerator is fixed. Hurray!!!
    It is so wonderful to have cold milk and butter and eggs and cheese.....I can get veggies and fruit today too!
    I'm back in a first world country!

Waves to Annie and Mango and Tess and Missy and Samuels and Saltine and Dani and anyone else who stops by today.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathryn - check out Skinnytaste.com for Instant Pot dinners
  • arniedog74
    Options
    What is Instant Pot?
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kathryn- you are welcome...I knew there had to be a way... but, like Lana said, they like to hide things... glad you got it switched! I know how you feel about needing haircut... mine is starting to get a bit unruly... hoping to make a quick stop at Sisters while visiting fam over Holidays...I always feel it is unfair how many breaks smokers get...I have nothing against smokers (parents and SO are) co-workers just always seem way more than 2 breaks...

Sara - I love watching Christmas movies... almost more than any others...I need to invest in a few more...

Lana - yay for working fridge! That has got to be so relieving... yay fresh fruits and veggies, too!

Annie- how's house coming? Hope someone falls in love soon!

Not such a good few days for me...I stopped logging awhile back...I haven't been making very good food choices... but, I haven't been eating a lot, either... mentally, I'm just not onboard with this program, anymore... I'm sure I'll get back to it...just too much going on in my brain...I will continue to stop in here, tho... gives me a little break from my brain...

• hickchic67
    edited November 2017
    Options
    *waves to all who drop in*

Dawn - Instant Pot is a multi-function cooker but basically an electric pressure cooker. Much easier and safer to use than traditional pressure cooker.

Sara - thanks for the website info. unfortunately, work computer wont let me access that site. internet is down at home and it will be the 20th before a tech can come fix it. ugh!

Lana - never know how much you need a fridge till you dont have one! glad yours is back up and running! was it anything serious or a simple fix? mine started making weird noise and it has me on edge, worried its going to konk out any minute

*plopping down in lounge chair, calling Cboy for a fresh drink*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2017
    Options
    kathryn, sorry you cant get into Skinnytaste.com yet, when you search instant pot, there are at least 8 pages ( 4 recipe per page) of recipes including how to hard boil eggs..... I was thinking it was a safer version of the pressure cooker but wasnt sure so thank you.

Chakota, welcome and post when you can!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Oatmeal with cheese for dinner need a little more protein - peanut butter is too caloric - and a night without a burrito......

Rain threatening but nothing yet. Great sleeping weather.

Anyone with an instant pot - how small can the meals be? Do they have to be serves 4 and larger like for crock pots?

May fly by before snoring, if not have a great night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Welcome to Chakota~~

Kathryn - the fridge was some wire partially loose and slightly corroded, so he said he cleaned it up a bit and tightened it up, and it works. $255, thank you very much. Ugh. Had I known, I could have done it myself--of course that would have meant getting down on the floor with my head on the floor.....maybe when I was ten years younger.....ha ha!

Time to go lie down and listen to something inspirational......or glaze over surfing the internet.....

See you all tomorrow~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning!

Lana! Yay! you can use your fridge again - okay dont like the cost, but cheaper than buying a new one? Now that you have one - think of stocking it better....... with a couple goodies - dont designate an entire shelf if you can help it.

Teriyaki chicken at work, reinstating a WW habit and taking part of it home for dinner so I dont have to cook and the calories get divided.

Tess- was thinking about you this morning. Hope you are doing okay. And then I started thinking about Annie and the house /move. Missy and her job/workout. Rsamuels - is she drinking her water? Then I had to stop and get my morning going.

I usually have a game plan for Christmas and presents (I normally start late summer) but I am tired, dont really have a plan and just keep knitting. Hoping a yarn idea will fly by and inspire me. Dont hold your breath.

Okay back to the day's treadmill. Who is doing that at work? Tess or Kathryn? If I got as many breaks as the smokers that would be a nice change. Speaking of stupid work rules and there are many, lady who looks for yarn for me her group was told to stop the visiting when not on break time. I found an answer - Instant message them and meet them in the hallway! Just a thought from the rebellious child inside.

One more thing - who has an Instant Pot? Do you have to make 4-8 meals at a time?

Wasnt looking to write an essay so I hope you are still awake. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Sara - Thank you for the reminder that not all food portions are for one sitting and ought to be divided for two meals! I have been over-eating the ready made food I've been having delivered or buying ready made at the store. Must get back into the "Divide Into 2 Meals" Good Habit.

Waves to all who follow~~

Lana

244.6 today, gah
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal