Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn- it's ok... I'm not going anywhere... share when you can... thank you
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Kathryn, another knitter on FB posted same link. Red yarn I have is wool, so I keep that for other projects as I wouldnt want wool allergies or washing issues to get in the way. I have no more bags to put projects in as it is.....

Cousin called last night, dont hear from her very often. Snuggled with dog and didnt answer phone, I was surprised. She is retired but slept all day long and needed more money to make ends meet so she works at nearby school part time. Gets her outside and pays some of her bills. Many people cant completely retire. She couldnt sell her mother's house for what she needed - but her youngest son is now renting it, so that worked out nice.

Doing okay with walking/water - I have an umbrella if it rains. Keep plugging away.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Good morning,

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

AOTW - I will be focusing on getting in as many KM as I possibly can so I don't fall behind on my goal!

Sara ~ Happy Belated Birthday!!

Kathryn ~ I would love some crock pot recipes as well...Please share when you can.

Welcome bertoroe and waves to all who follows.

Have a great day!
    Saltine
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Crockpot Dump Meals:
    this is link to some good ones. I have made quite a few of these: https://www.laurengreutman.com/dump-recipes/
    have also made quite a few from this page: https://newleafwellness.biz/2015/05/27/31-healthy-crockpot-freezer-meals/

Was able to get in a mile on treadmill during a break this morning. Hope to do another walk break & get in another mile. I have a physical therapy appointment tonight. Was going to talk to her about what exercises would be best for neck & shoulders.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

*waves to everyone dropping in*
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Kathryn - thanks so much! Will hafta look at sites... way to go on walk! Keep it up!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,893 Member
    Options

Hi there Everybody~~

I am beginning the packing for the Thursday trip out to see my in-laws in Quincy, Illinois. I am looking forward to this visit, plus anything that gets me out of NYC is a good thing.

Sara - I should look into Acorn TV. I wonder if I can get it so I can watch it on my phone. I need to drop all of our Fios TV in NYC. I never turn the thing on anymore because I have to sit up in bed to watch it, and that is bad for my back.

I hope that you all have a good day today.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    at work,

any dump crockpot recipe with canned beans, rinse then to lower the sodium content.

Lana - spoke w/ cousin in Illinois - they have snow, pack accordingly.

bbl
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Okay reread last post then = them, if you didnt see the mistake, thank you.

Breakfast burrito in toaster oven. Bag of salted peanuts put me over but I needed something other than sugar in the afternoon.

Doing okay with walking/water.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2017
    Options
    yhiwk3ec529z.png

7bv3kt34660d.png

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration, Sara! And Kathryn, thanks for the crockpot recipes.

Waves to Saltine, Lana, Dawn and all others who are running by.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Skinnytaste recipes for crock pot

https://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts/

https://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-sesame-honey-chicken/

have made those more than once.

Just noticed skinnytaste has air fryer recipes too - and the Thanksgiving recipes including garlic potatoes.....

Hot water bottle made sleep so easy last night. Middle of night pit stop for us and new hot water bottle. Better than medication.

Will lurk from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sara - thank you for the snow in Illinois info. I'm sunk no matter what. I don't have any boots. Last winter, when I was going through a lot of treatment, I looked everywhere for my brown Timberlands, but they are lost!

I will just have to hope for the best and get my feet wet in my Morrell clog things. My feet are very hard to fit, so I can't just go anywhere and buy shoes. I don't need boots in NC--rather the idea of living there eventually.

Do you get snow (much) in the winters in Sacramento?

Kathryn thank you for all of the slow cooker info.

Waves to Tess and Dawn and Saltine and all who stop by later on.

Packing here..... I am SLOW at it.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - it snows here every 13 years but usually it does not stick.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara I do like the sound of what you say about your winters. I know that the summers can be amazingly hot, but no boots and bulky coats seem worth it to me.

I just trudged around to 3 Starbucks looking for a simple pound of Decaf Espresso beans. None!!! Their shelves are full of all of their silly Christmas coffees. All the other normal stock has dwindled down to almost nothing.
    I don't ask for much: just a good, robust, dark European roast in a decaf. The shame of it all is that they have a ton of exactly what I want, loose in those huge bags, to fill the top of their espresso machines.
    *sob*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana- can you order Starbucks online? Just a thought.

Sinus headache that does not go away defined my day. Will get hot water bottle and see if that helps a little. I am getting exercise sweeping leaves - wet leaves are slippery and I would rather not slip.

Hoping to start a Thursday night after work knit/crochet gathering tomorrow. We shall see.

Herbal tea, hot water bottle and call it a night eventually - knitting first.

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2017
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning, rained most of night- short dog walk this morning.

Sinus headache better this morning, really bad yesterday reading was difficult. I inherited a workfile that I had been helping out on. Coworker had a hissy fit because I had no training and made mistakes. Person who is supposed to train helps most of the people in the department (other 2 "leads" do not know their job). I am to flag claims and ask for time with trainer, when I do he sits at my desk and people come up and ask him questions. Per my supervisor I am to ask him to tell people while at my desk to schedule time and not answer their questions. I do not bother him when he is at someone else's desk. So the story /crap continues.....Roll my eyes and run out of office when I can.

Trying to think about things to make for Thanksgiving- so what are you having/ making?

Oatmeal done and it is time to gear self towards work. Hope the packing got better Lana when do you leave?

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Was down nearly all day yesterday due to migraine, most likely caused by the crazy up & down weather here. Wish it would pick a season and stick with it. Saturday is forecast to be 58, Sunday high of 35. Ugh!

Yesterday my appetite was off with the migraine but once the meds finally dissipated it, I was ravenous. Didn't log anything because I couldn't handle looking at a screen. Will try to log it all today.

Think all my walking may have backfired. My right knee hurts. Am limping now. I have to call the doctor and get it checked. Not happy about that at all.

Thanksgiving, I am required to make my "infamous" chocolate chip cookies. The family expects them and I cant disappoint. On the bright side, I have made so many of these cookies through the years that I no longer like them - kind of a permanent burn-out.

*snapping fingers for Cboys to prop up my leg and bring ice*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Put all my exercise and food in. Wow, that hot chocolate was not worth the calories.

Will take 7 stockings I knitted last year to donate for family company is sponsoring for Christmas. Sewed in the loose ends on them as I drank the "worthless" hot chocolate.

Curling up with more knitting and dog.

Lana- let us know if you made the trip safely please and how much snow is there??

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning and TGIF!!

Stars in sky this morning, first all week. Rain on tap again Monday but a couple days of sunshine will be welcome.

Seeing empty spaces in corner that used to be "yarn mess", nice change.

Saw some butternut squash/ Brussels sprouts roasted with maple/soy syrup and bacon. Just an idea, I am trying to get things at store this weekend before I forget.

Wave to all who follow. Enjoy your Friday!!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Hi All

Sara, the trip went well but jeez was it long. iPhone app says I walked 2.7 miles total yesterday. O'Hare and Union Station Chicago are gigantic spaces.

Gloomy skies with rain coming. There's no snow. I'm somewhat close to Dawn/Missouri. Western bumpout of Illinois.

I'll be without a scale for two weeks. Scary times!

Lana