Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

One load of laundry each night will make my "to do" list for Thanksgiving easier. No big plans. Focusing on vegetables/fruit more than the rich sides - stuffing/desserts.

Our company adopted a family for Christmas, I donated stockings so I will go over the Thanksgiving holiday to look for non food items to put in stockings. Picking Secret Santa today as well at work, so I will not do the "Black Friday" craziness, but maybe afternoon on Friday? I have longer to get Secret Santa items.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Headed home after work - need to run to the store to get the pre-ordered turkey and other dinner-related items. Off work tomorrow but waiting for the plumber and need to finish cleaning the house for Thursday.

Waves to Sara and all who wander by.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Work will be a graveyard as many people took tomorrow off, means it might be quieter with any luck.....

Laundry in and then dishwasher.

Trying to schedule trips to store and miss the craziness this weekend. Will look at the ads Thursday to see what store is open when. I usually have more time on Saturday but dog goes to groomer, so we shall see.

Frozen Lasagna in oven.

Wave to all who stops by. Off to sweep leaves again after taking dog out.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Hi Everybody~~

Annie - Congratulations on selling your house! That took no time at all in the grand scheme of things. I am very happy for you.

Waving to everyone else~~
    In case I don't get here tomorrow - Happy Thanksgiving!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Thought my fruit/veg got delivered today - took me awhile to find the website-tomorrow morning. They are taking Friday off. At least they get some time down.

Ghost town at work today. Earphones and strong tea are a must to stay awake.

QOTD; what side dish can you not do without on Thanksgiving?

AOTD: mashed potatoes - so https://www.skinnytaste.com/garlic-mashed-potatoes-3-ww-points/

I may be talking to myself here for the holidays, so I will just get used to it..... wishing all a great holiday if this is your last time through for awhile.
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Hi all - have the day off but it’s because need to have the plumber come check yet another dripping faucet. Grr... Lots to do to get ready for tomorrow, mainly housecleaning. Need to find a place that sells good shrimp for my MIL )that’s her “can’t do without” Thanksgiving treat) as old store closed.

Hey Sara - waving vigorously to you to help keep you awake at work today! BBL

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tess, luckily you got a plummer today, I can just imagine the "holiday" wage if you could get someone to come out tomorrow. Wow, shrimp? I am stumped to think who would have good shrimp in my town. We used to have some good family owned grocery stores, but they also closed. I hope you are able to find some without too much trouble.

• tlsb2016
    Options
    Hey Sara - fortunately, it was an easy - and relatively inexpensive— fix for the plumber!

Back to cleaning - the cats are NOT helping!

BBL
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Annie - Fantastic news! That must be a huge weight off your shoulders. So this means everything going ahead on the new house, right?

Sara - great weigh-in!! had to laugh - i read that as "laundry in the dishwasher" :D

Dawn - sorry you have to work on Black Friday but glad you can still have family traditions, just slightly different days

Tess - glad plumber was able to fix everything, and not charge an arm and a leg! no suggestions on shrimp as we are landlocked and have no good fresh seafood anywhere.

Lana - hope you are having good visit and staying toasty warm.

We have been without internet and landline telephone since the beginning of November. Centurylink (which I hate! but only phone service out here) couldn't get tech there till 20th. Guess who didn't show up. So they said they would move us up in priority and come out Tuesday. Then no show. Called to ask what was going on and told whoever said they would be there Tuesday didn't have the authority. They may be out on Friday. I told them i want the entire month of NOV free and if they do not show up on Fri, then I want entire month of DEC free. She "guaranteed" they would be out on Fri. (I am not holding my breath on that one) Having DS stay home in case they need in house. We are going to do our traditional BF outing. DH & I have a tradition of breakfast out, people watching, and maybe picking up a couple deals along the way.

Today was a ghost town at work. I brought my dog, Callahan, in to the office with me. He has enjoyed the new place and meeting new people. Has been extremely well behaved. Only one issue when he tried to go after a co-worker's drone. Pretty sure Cal thought it was a frisbee or something to catch. No damage done though. I got him stopped. He is snoozing right now.

Tomorrow, having big Thanksgiving with family. Usually we have a "theme" (like the 80's or Superheroes, etc) and everyone dresses that way or cooks food in the theme. This year though, we are just having traditional Thanksgiving and no theme. It almost seems weird to have a regular holiday! LOL I will be trying to watch those calories!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and weekend!!

*waves to all who drop by*
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Hi Everybody~~

The house is filling up with people--I'm busy helping keep the kitchen clean while others are prepping their recipes.

BBL

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

Just flying through and asking for prayers. We had to put down our 15 year old cat today. :( She's been having some digestive issues for a few weeks but took a turn for the worse on Saturday night and despite pain meds, anti-nausea meds, antibiotics, and fluids, she just wasn't recovering. She hadn't eaten or had anything to drink since Saturday and was very lethargic. She was becoming jaundiced. So, we decided it was time to help her go.

Very, very hard for all of us. She had quite the personality and was my oldest son's special cat. We'd had her longer than 2 of our kids have been alive!

I told all the kids it's the best thing we could do for her now, help her to not suffer or feel sick anymore. But it sure was tough and there will be a void in our house for awhile until we get used to her absence.

Here is what I wrote about her on Facebook:

This afternoon we said goodbye to Tiki. For 15 years, she was Inspector of Warm Laundry, Queen of Head-Butting, Licker of Chins and Ears, Beggar of Attention, Preventer of Bed Making, Burrower of the Covers, Seeker of the Heat Vents, Interrupter of Homework, Chief Depositer of Fur on Clothes and Feline Matriarch of our Household.

She "welcomed" two new cats and a couple of dogs to our home over the years with a regal disdain bordering on contempt and chose to allow them to share her space if they could make the effort not to annoy her too much. She actually became friends the latest dog and took her on regularly in sparring matches (which we loved to watch).

She doled out very specific affection on her terms and you were glad to get it. The imperious head butt, the “talking” whenever you said her name or talked to her, and of course, the "I need water or food" stare.

We knew for a few weeks that her health was declining but she took a turn for the worse over the weekend. She spent her last days lounging on laps and snuggled in bed with us.

Our hearts, home and lives are richer for having had her in them. We will miss you, Tiki! Until we meet again...

Puts a bit of damper on Thanksgiving and the holidays, but we did what was right and can have peace knowing she is not suffering. I told her she was a good girl, that I would miss her, to say hi to her "sisters" who had gone before her, and that I would see her again.

Annie
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Oh Annie, my heart aches for you and your family! We’re a cat family and have had to say good-bye to two within the past 5 years.

It’s always too soon, no matter how old they are. I’m sorry.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Annie - Tess said it so well. Take comfort in knowing you gave Tikki a wonderful life.
  • tlsb2016
    Options
    Found the shrimp - helps to live in a coastal state! My MIL will be happy and I will score some points. Double win!

Lana, hope you’re having fun on the kitchen - sounds like there is quite a large group forming there! For me, the prep to a holiday is the best part.

Kathryn, how frustrating to be without internet and for such an incompetent reason! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family - hope it will be a good respite after the tumultuous year you’ve had.

Sara, did you make it through your quiet workday without going crazy? Too bad you couldn’t have brought Miss Tillie into work as Kathryn was able to with Callahan.

Thinking of Annie and her family.....

Waves to all.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Tess I was hoping being on a coast would help you with shrimp! I asked people at work and we were limited in our choices as well.

Day went pretty well, but slowly.

Was going to rake leaves tomorrow but gardeners came in and took my calories away from me. Means I need to walk more! Tempted to go Thanksgiving eve to shop, still not definite as I could enjoy being warm with dog more.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    ASalner wrote: »
    Monday

I have been MIA and not watching my food or the scale at all. It's been bad. Not getting much exercise except my PT. Schedule has been nuts for 3 weeks of showings. 21 showings in 21 days! But GOOD NEWS! We SOLD our house yesterday! So, no more showings and instead we can start packing. Hoping to get back to tracking and eating right and eventually braving the scale. Maybe Thursday morning before the feasting?

AOTD: My family and I are walking a 5K on Thursday morning at the local YMCA!

I'll have to take some time in the near future to read back through the posts I have missed. Hoping to get back to reading and posting regularly very soon.

Annie

Awesome! Woo hoo! So excited for you!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    ASalner wrote: »
    Wednesday

Just flying through and asking for prayers. We had to put down our 15 year old cat today. :( She's been having some digestive issues for a few weeks but took a turn for the worse on Saturday night and despite pain meds, anti-nausea meds, antibiotics, and fluids, she just wasn't recovering. She hadn't eaten or had anything to drink since Saturday and was very lethargic. She was becoming jaundiced. So, we decided it was time to help her go.

Very, very hard for all of us. She had quite the personality and was my oldest son's special cat. We'd had her longer than 2 of our kids have been alive!

I told all the kids it's the best thing we could do for her now, help her to not suffer or feel sick anymore. But it sure was tough and there will be a void in our house for awhile until we get used to her absence.

Here is what I wrote about her on Facebook:

This afternoon we said goodbye to Tiki. For 15 years, she was Inspector of Warm Laundry, Queen of Head-Butting, Licker of Chins and Ears, Beggar of Attention, Preventer of Bed Making, Burrower of the Covers, Seeker of the Heat Vents, Interrupter of Homework, Chief Depositer of Fur on Clothes and Feline Matriarch of our Household.

She "welcomed" two new cats and a couple of dogs to our home over the years with a regal disdain bordering on contempt and chose to allow them to share her space if they could make the effort not to annoy her too much. She actually became friends the latest dog and took her on regularly in sparring matches (which we loved to watch).

She doled out very specific affection on her terms and you were glad to get it. The imperious head butt, the “talking” whenever you said her name or talked to her, and of course, the "I need water or food" stare.

We knew for a few weeks that her health was declining but she took a turn for the worse over the weekend. She spent her last days lounging on laps and snuggled in bed with us.

Our hearts, home and lives are richer for having had her in them. We will miss you, Tiki! Until we meet again...

Puts a bit of damper on Thanksgiving and the holidays, but we did what was right and can have peace knowing she is not suffering. I told her she was a good girl, that I would miss her, to say hi to her "sisters" who had gone before her, and that I would see her again.

Annie

So, very sorry. The decision is never easy. But, you know you did the best thing for her. And, what a wonderful tribute to her.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I will be working in the morning, for a short time... then, SO and I are going to make dinner for his ailing cousin and Mom... I'm not really looking forward to it... I'm ok with the Cousin... his Mom just knows how to make things miserable... but, I will suck it up and try to make the best of it... then, heading home for family Thanksgiving... ready for that :)
    Gpa has been doing pretty good... still can't find a way to bring him home, but he's been able to come home for visits...

Well, I better head to bed... gotta be at work early..18 dogs to walk and 6 cats to care for... oh boy! Have a great night and wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Hugs to all
  • ann495mfp
    ann495mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm back keep deleting and getting the app back hoping this is the last time
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2017
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Dog is my best alarm clock but boy was that paper loud this morning!! Still not sure if I am going to go out at 6pm, but we shall see.

Dawn!! Wow that is a full house at the Vet's. Let me thank you of behalf of the animals. Glad you will see your Gpa.

Fruit/Veg box arrived quietly (not like the paper) and I have cranberries/apples and pears. Will cook them together and someone said that freezes.

This has been a wonderful week for "find the dog pill on the bathroom floor" today was one more chapter - found it under my scale - what a nice reminder!

Wishing all a great holiday

zlgz3cwh80oc.png