Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Bright pink toe nails and nice hair cut.

Had tomato sauce for lunch and dinner and boy acid city. Will make a ginger tea soon.

Back to work, but glad for day off.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

I was just about to go to sleep when I realized my days are blurred and I did not stop by the Cabana Club at all today.

Gah.

Will be back tomorrow after appointment.....Need to catch up with the posts.....

Hugs,
    Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Dashing through as I get ready for the two-day Board meeting at work.

Sara, love the nail polish!

Lots of sickness going around, both in this discussion group and at my office. Feel better, Kathryn, Lana, Dawn and anyone else feeling icky.

Annie, fingers remain crossed for your house to sell!

Waves to all.

Cheers,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Tess - the "crud" is spreading at my place of work. Man who does maintenance for where I live his wife dragged him to dr for antibiotics. People are so afraid of taking time off or dont have it to start. Some people stick to themselves and some people spread it around. Lovely.... hope those under the weather are doing better. Only one who usually sees my toes is the dog - and my nail lady.

My hat/scarf knitting has me at 96 I will gift 2 today 97 and 98 are on needles in progress and 99 is ready to sew. I made a personal goal to see if I could reach 100.... not too far off.

Dawn - If I want to order more items from your website can I use the same link or do I need another one? Thinking about essential oils.

Fall is finally here and all the allergies that come with the dust. Rain predicted tomorrow through weekend which is welcome.

Wishing all a great day - wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Another cold, gray, rainy day here. Not sure if being sick or just the gray day has me feeling so bleah.

Since Monday, I have been under my calorie goal, like way under. MFP keeps telling me I am not eating enough. I know its because I am not feeling well. Just afraid when I get to feeling better then I will want to eat everything in site.

Scales haven't budged. Then again, my scales are not the most dependable either.

Lana - we are trying to keep the Cboys in line but they are a handful without you around ;)

Sarah - i need bright pink toes to brighten my day! 100?! you are a knitting machine! LOL

Tess - good luck with board meeting! i know how fun those can be....

Annie - hope all is going well with house!

Dawn - how is your business going? things good at the vet?

*snapping fingers for CBoys to bring hot toddy and start foot massage*

• ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday

Had a showing last night. Have TWO tomorrow. Open house on Saturday. Another showing on Monday. I am exhausted! Hope we get an offer soon.

Baby shower at church tonight. Would not have gone but it is for lady in choir with me and some how the "choir ladies" are hosting it. I had to bake a pumpkin dessert (which I did late last night.) Will go home after work to slice it into servings and perhaps put on a tray vs. bringing in the pan. Easier for serving. Really would have liked a night at home but will make the best of it.

Starting physical therapy in the morning again at a different place with a therapist my sister recommended. We shall see. Taking youngest DS to his piano lesson tomorrow afternoon while hubby gets cats and dog out of the house for showings. Work is so busy I feel guilty being out so much tomorrow, but it is necessary.

Have not been good with diet. Planning to weigh myself on Saturday and face the music. Need to cut out sugar for more than one reason. Time to buckle down. Must get to the gym for some walking this weekend, too.

Will take time later this evening to read back through all of your recent posts. Sorry for the post-and-run!

Annie
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Was way under calorie intake yesterday. Not exactly sure how that happened but hope I can replicate it!! Decided to walk another 1.5 on treadmill and even do some weights last night in gym at work. Was feeling pretty good when I got home.
    Then downhill from there. Sore throat, sinus pain, cough, chills, achy. I dont have time for this!! Doing half day at work. Seems to be something going around cause several others here have similar yuckiness.

Since they work so well, I will take a case of hot toddies please!!!

Hot toddies on way for Kathryn....CBoys to the rescue!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Tess - the "crud" is spreading at my place of work. Man who does maintenance for where I live his wife dragged him to dr for antibiotics. People are so afraid of taking time off or dont have it to start. Some people stick to themselves and some people spread it around. Lovely.... hope those under the weather are doing better. Only one who usually sees my toes is the dog - and my nail lady.

My hat/scarf knitting has me at 96 I will gift 2 today 97 and 98 are on needles in progress and 99 is ready to sew. I made a personal goal to see if I could reach 100.... not too far off.

Dawn - If I want to order more items from your website can I use the same link or do I need another one? Thinking about essential oils.

Fall is finally here and all the allergies that come with the dust. Rain predicted tomorrow through weekend which is welcome.

Wishing all a great day - wave to all who follow.

Sara - I opened a new party...
    https://dawnleach.scentsy.us/party/8575496

I'm trying to keep one open all the time, as to accrue rewards... sadly, I have none, as I am yet to have a successful party... trying to stay positive
  • arniedog74
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Another cold, gray, rainy day here. Not sure if being sick or just the gray day has me feeling so bleah.

Since Monday, I have been under my calorie goal, like way under. MFP keeps telling me I am not eating enough. I know its because I am not feeling well. Just afraid when I get to feeling better then I will want to eat everything in site.

Scales haven't budged. Then again, my scales are not the most dependable either.

Lana - we are trying to keep the Cboys in line but they are a handful without you around ;)

Sarah - i need bright pink toes to brighten my day! 100?! you are a knitting machine! LOL

Tess - good luck with board meeting! i know how fun those can be....

Annie - hope all is going well with house!

Dawn - how is your business going? things good at the vet?

*snapping fingers for CBoys to bring hot toddy and start foot massage*

I know how you feel...I didn't want to eat anything when feeling crappy... seems a bit better, now... if I could just get rid of all the snot...ewww... cough still lingering...

Things are really good at vet... having 90 day review Fri... since I already got a raise, hoping review goes well..

As for my business.... it's so so...I wish I was more motivated...just not... I've had a few sales...just not as good as I had hoped... but, if I don't push it, it won't improve...just not a salesperson... don't know what I was thinking...lol... thanks for asking
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - good luck with house and PT.... hope you can enjoy baby shower... pumpkin anything sounds super yummy to me!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dawn - I told friend at work that I would place any order and if she wanted to piggy back on it, we might save some postage - so thank you for the link.

Annie - as hard as it is to juggle, the more you show the better your chances of your house selling. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Ladies - what would you give yourself for your birthday that is not food?

Work went well, but brain is tired. Rain starting tonight/tomorrow.

Lana/Dawn/Kathryn - hope you are feeling better.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - that would be wonderful! Thank you for thinking of me!

Feeling a bit better... cough and sinus drainage still lingering... but, not quite as miserable... thank you
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Security guard at work used to play "The Final Countdown" on his phone on Friday for us. He changed jobs and still works for company but man in his place is a grump. Just not the same.

Taking the pulled pork I made a couple of weeks ago to make pork enchiladas this weekend. If I get real ambitious I will also make pork fried rice. We shall see how it goes.

Can feel the rain in the air. Umbrella in bag to work - as I walk I also keep one at work just in case.....

Dawn - hope review goes well today.

Those under the weather, stay under the covers if you can if not, drink lots of water/herb tea. Also try a little honey in hot water. Helps with sore throat and tastes good.

Wave to all who follow. TGIF!!
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Made it through the Board meeting! So glad it’s Friday - Happy Weekend all!

Tess
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- review went well... Dr said I'm doing very well and sees I am learning a lot...I was offered chance to become a CVA.... certified vet assist...I am interested... but, it's online and I have no internet and no computer...I could go to library... definitely something to think about...
    Sorry, new guard is no fun... always disappointing when a grump replaces someone you like... nothing to look forward to...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey there Everybody!~

I have read through all your posts over the past couple of days, but I am thoroughly confused as to who has what going on......bear with me.....

Dawn, I hope that your review went well today and if you were amongst the sick, that you feel better....

Annie - Can your real estate agent do an open house? Sending you good vibes....

Sara - We know you are the Knitting Queen - you have gotten SO much done and most/lots for good causes.
    The pulled pork sounded good....
    Also I had to re-read your sentence about the salon: I saw it at first as Something with the toenails and Pink Hair....

Waving to Missy and Tess here with me on the East Coast. Is it Kathryn sick too?
    Waving to Mango who is probably off doing some major crazy running or workout this weekend! Actually Mango, are you here in NYC for the Marathon?

Where is Saltine? and Dani?
    And what about Samuels? Probably choreographing another dance concert~~

I had a decent day today. It's good to be back amongst the normal living people.

Lana
    *snapping fingers for the Cabana Boys to refresh everyone's drinks*
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

PS - Sara, I want you to know that I adore the little thing of "wishes"? you knitted for me a while back. I lost whatever words you sent with it. I vaguely remember a little tag with explanation? But sometimes I dream these things....
    Although it may not be the intention, I keep in it all of my favorite hair ties, hair pins, barrettes for when my hair grows back and I can use those things again.

Also, the time is coming soon when I will hang up the "Christmas Tree" you made and sent me! Oh heck, I'm going to get it out now.

Big hugs!
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Just started to rain as I took dog out after work. Someone told me it has been snowing in the mountains which is a good thing.

Eggs tonight with a little cheese. Dog took her full walk this am so I got more calories to play with.

Dawn - glad your review went well if there is no deadline to be a CVA see what resources are available..... Tess - get the jumbo size drink the cboys are passing around tonight. I heard rumors of disco music, but that is not definite.

Lana - I saw you posted as I was typing. Your "box" is being well used for when you can use your hair "jewelry". I was thinking about your tree a couple of days ago as I am wondering what I will make/not make for the holidays. I will work on the tree lights for the work place tonight. So glad you can reread posts, pink toenails only.

No more hot spicy food for awhile, it causes problems with my "kitten". So no enchilada sauce but pork burritos or tacos works really well.

Wishing all a good night.
    gjsc5y9f4t5u.png

4jokniufi826.png

• arniedog74
    Options
    Lana - I was among the sick and feel quite a bit better... still a little congested and lingering cough... but, better... review was good, thank you... pink hair....hmmm... that's a way to get people's attention...hehe...

Sara - I think I will look up CVA and, possibly save money to get tablet or such...a friend of mine is going to school to be a Vet Tech and she said, this is a good thing...I just need confidence...I have an extremely difficult time with that...
    Love your pics! It finally is my Friday!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday night

Thanks for all the positive thoughts. We had two good showings today. Both parties seem interested and we were told tonight that one is considering making an offer. But you never know how serious a buyer may be until you actually see an offer.

Lana - we are actually having an open house tomorrow afternoon. AND then we have a showing mid-afternoon. We are going to my in-law's for the afternoon since we will have to be out of the house for 5 hours. The pets will not like it!

It's snowing cats and dogs here! My head has been hurting on and off today. Could be weather. Could be that "time of month" that arrived a week early. Could be lack of sleep. Could be the house stuff. Could be that it's insane at work. Could be all of the above! I'm trying to stay out of the Halloween candy. Want a margarita but I'm just drinking water.

Started PT again today. I like the new therapist and his suggestions. We will see how it goes!

Dawn - So glad your review went well!

Lana - I'm glad you are feeling better, too!

Time for bed soon. Looking forward to sleeping in a bit before we have to clean up and get outta here in the morning!

Annie