Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Hello All~~

Annie - good luck with all of the house business! Sorry about the headache(s).

Dawn - good to see you :smile:

Kathryn - so glad to hear that you are going to go do something fun---enjoy it!

Sara - Hmmm...audits and food truck--yikes!

Where's Mango and Tess, Dani and Samuels? Check in please~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    good evening,

oktober fest party - waved the ice cream sandwich away, but had the kraut dog..... calories limping into the red. I am at least making choices instead of just eating it all. Small consolation when the scale ## hits, but at least I am trying.

Dawn - loving my christmas tree pine scentsy.....

Wishing all a good night.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Thursday night

So tired! So much cleaning! Professional photographer coming tomorrow morning to photograph our house and hoping to officially list our house for sale on Saturday! (Unfortunately, our realtor is not available tomorrow because her brother is getting married tomorrow.) She is thinking she will have the photos by Saturday and could put the listing online sometime that day. So, cleaning for photos and for possible showings!

We have not told anyone about the accepted offer or the plan to list our house. Family know we have been thinking about it. My mom was less than supportive when I sent her links to the house we were looking at - and are now hoping to buy. She has been in quite a mood but it hurt my feelings when she was tearing into the place I was considering as the next home for myself and my family. I've kind of been avoiding conversation with her since then. Figured I'd wait to tell her (and everyone else) until our house goes on the market.

Eating has been hit or miss. Today was miss. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I sure haven't stayed on plan this week as I had intended. I've got to get back on track. Face is looking very round in photos. :( It makes me sad. Have not braved the scale at all but should do that soon so I can get myself back to checking and being accountable.

Had a good night attending my two younger kids' school conferences. Both are doing well. My daughter, who is in 8th grade and struggles, is holding her own with a B-/C+ in her classes. We are going to work hard to try to stay in that B range. My son, who is in 2nd grade and does not struggle, is already scoring into 3rd grade for reading and math. The teacher assured me they will work hard to keep him challenged but not overwhelmed. I am proud of both of them for being such hard workers.

My oldest son, who is a sophomore in college, interviewed for a part-time IT technician job with our City and he was hired on the spot! It's a little more money and a few more hours than he had working in a clerical position for the university - and it's in IT. He is an information systems major, so this will be great experience for him!

I'd better get into the shower and bed!

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Up early, so taking care of dog will get sleep and eat in a couple of hours.

Annie - hope the photography goes well. I was never an "all A's" student myself, her grades look good. Congrats!! on your son getting a job while in school in his field - there could be a career with the City!! Make his own money so a little more for you??

Glad I type the day as I go, people at work who paid $10 to wear jeans all week (money went to charity), so it has felt like Friday all week....

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana- waves! Hope you've had a good visit with sis in DC...

Sara- so glad you are enjoying your scent! Makes me smile!

Annie - I know how you feel about your mom...I have those same issues with mine...I love her to death, but dread telling her anything... one reason I'm glad I'm 3 hrs away...I can pick and choose what she needs to know... which is very little...

I've caught the horrible cold that's been going around work...I have not been this sick in a long time.. just miserable... ugh..bad thing, I feel like I'm constantly starving, but when I go to eat I can't breathe... blah

Ok, enough whining... hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend...

Waves to everyone else who stops by...
  • ASalner
    Options
    Thanks, Dawn! Yeah, she looked at the link to the house pictures and immediately emailed me to say the paint colors were bad (which I told her before I sent her the link) and that the house was BIG. She actually had the audacity to say, "Are you planning to add to your family? 5 bedrooms?" Sheesh. My youngest is 7 and he was a surprise. I just told her - again - that the paint can be changed and that the 5th bedroom isn't even a legal bedroom because it doesn't have a closet. And that was all I said. I just thought her comment about adding to our family was snarky. I almost wanted to ask her, "And did you and Dad really need to buy a 3 bedroom house when you moved South - when there are only 2 of you?"
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Emailed boss who is on vacation until Monday that I want to move cubicles, I can use my lower audit scores and production to statistically show how disruptive my new cube neighbor is. Hope it works.

Annie - stick to your guns. Paint is temporary and a "room" is not what it used to be - and what if you want a craft room?? Keeping good thoughts things continue to work out.

Dog wants a walk and I am thrilled.

Any ideas for meals next week?? Brain dead here, but lower sodium from this week would be a good start....

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Regular kind of errands today so with any luck no surprises either.

Back for more sleep. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey All~~
    Just a simple checking in. I seem to have the flu!
    Last night I was shivering, but my face was burning up. Today is improved, but I've got no strength.
    Back to bed with me.....
    More tomorrow......

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Chicken fried rice it is and waiting to put leftovers in freezer.

Lana - cannot find a good image to send - cabana boy with chicken soup?? none to be had

g3hlt2zbdgd7.png

When in doubt chicken soup is your best bet - even canned.

2 hats ready to be sent Monday for chemotherapy patients who like pink......

Wishing all a good night
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - that looks delicious! I have really been struggling with eating while I've been ill... not sure why, but nausea is overwhelming me every time I eat... blah... hope you are able to get away from disruptive work neighbor...

Lana - feel better soon! CBoys on way with soup and pampering...

Annie - do what makes you happy... like you said, it may not be where you stay forever... but, enjoy it, make the best of it... and, if your house sells soon, getting away from terrible neighbors!

More rest for me... coughing not as intense.. not sure if I'm getting better or if it's meds... hope I'm getting better... been sick too long...

Have a great night!
  • ASalner
    Options
    Saturday evening

Diet has been horrible - too much stress. Had fun at the church "Pumpkinmania" party last night. I dressed up a "Flo, the Progressive Girl". Everyone loves that costume! We trick-or-treated with the kids at one set of grandparents today and then carved our pumpkins tonight.

And our house went on the market today!!! Working up the courage to tell my family...

Maybe my diet will be better tomorrow.

Annie
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Annie - good luck with the house sale!

Lana, hope the DC visit with your sister was fun, at least before you got sick. Feel better soon. Same to you Dawn - sounds like you’re pretty miserable right now.

Sara, hope you and Miss Tillie are having a good weekend.

It’s been busy at work and will be equally busy next week with our Board of Directors meeting Thursday and Friday (I work for a nonprofit.) so trying to enjoy the peace of the weekend as much as possible to get myself psyched up for the week ahead. :smile: Hope to hit the gym tomorrow morning (we’re due for some heavy rain tomorrow so no walking) followed by a bit of clothes shopping in the afternoon (have had some success with weight loss but it means I need new clothes).

Waves to all who stop by, and welcome to the newcomers.

Best,

Tess

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning, know it is early, went to bed early too.....

Grocery shopping and then in. Have 3 dinners made for week. Have sweet potato/chicken sausage for another dinner - rest is up in the air right now.

We also have people out with colds, change of season? But this stuff is all year round just gets worse in cold months because we are in close quarters. Dawn/Lana drink alot of liquid and rest.

Time to dive back under the bedding. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello everybody!

Thank you for the Cabana Boys with Chicken Soup. I just had some more of it for breakfast--soup is good for breakfast!

Dawn I hope you feel better soon. What is up with that nausea of yours? Terrible.

Sara - Yes, I hope that you get away from difficult cubicle neighbor. I assume you looked around at the real estate there, and there is an empty spot that's more suitable?

Tess, if there is a break in the rain, I need to coax myself out for a short walk, just so as not to be in The Cave all day.

Annie - Amazed how quickly the listing went--good for you!

Lana

242.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

A trip to Greece is one year from now, 11 months, really. I need to be DOWN for that! Nothing to do on Samos in October except hike. Yikes! I'm going as guest of friends who are doing a house swap, so Samos it is.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sending out Cabana Boys to check up on Samuels and Saltine and Dani and Mango and Kathryn~~~
  • ASalner
    Options
    Sunday

My two younger kids both have coughs/colds/allergies? I believe it is due to getting back to school and also the change of seasons.

Good news! We got a request for a showing tomorrow afternoon! Luckily, my job is flexible so I will use my 1 hour lunch break to help cover the time I will need to be away to come home and get the dog and the cats out of the house. Wish me luck!

Sent an email out to my family last night (through Facebook messenger) to tell them about all of our house news. I don't think my mom has read the message yet? But she saw my Facebook post about the showing. So, there's that.

Hoping to get to the gym and walk on the track today. I have successfully stayed away from the Halloween candy and the cookies today. Had sugary coffee with breakfast and an egg and toast vs. 2 eggs. (Should really have stayed with 2 eggs and no carbs.) Trying to be mindful. Telling myself I will stay away from the junk this week and try to do some strength training at home and use the treadmill when I can't get to the gym.

Lana - How exciting! A trip to Greece? I hope it helps you stay on track to have the goal of being down for that!

Sara - I moved cubbies awhile back (not my choice) but it's ended up being great. I hope it works out for you.

Dawn - feel better soon!

Have a great day everyone. I'm off to clean, grocery shop, walk, and clean some more!

Annie
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I feel slightly better, today... not near as much coughing.. really tired... not sure about the nausea... maybe, combo of meds and sinuses draining... and, the fact that I wait too long to eat cuz nothing sounds good, possibly... hoping I'm starting on the uphill side of this...

Lana - hope you felt well enough to get out..

Tess- thank you... good to see you..

Annie - great news on showing! That would be wonderful!

Sara - have you got a response about changing cubicles? Good thoughts to you...

Back to resting... hoping tomorrow is a better day...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dinner was roasted carrots and radishes with chicken sausage and sweet potato all fried together. One of my own makings and not bad.

Time of year I do not like - will I fit into my winter pants?? Luckily I have some tops that are longer. I have not tried them on yet.....

Annie - great job on keeping interest in your house. Keeping fingers crossed.

Dawn/Lana - sleep and drink liquids is boring as heck but necessary - can you make it a contest of sorts?? If you drink "X" amount of herb tea/water then you can do "y"?? I am trying to imagine what would motivate me......

QOTW - It has been awhile hasnt it?? What will you be working on this week?

AOTD: 2 things water and walking - both "more" than I have been.

Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Pants update, I can at least get the pants on - weather forecast in paper is 10 degrees warmer than the one online and I just bit the bullet and tried them on.