Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Waiting for the 'clunk' of the Sunday paper. Grocery shopping then home. Usually make oatmeal now and eat, but will hit snooze button and wait.

BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Happy Sunday~~

The weather is indeed gorgeous here in Washington DC--thank you Tess, for arranging that!

Waves to all....time to get out there and walk around....

You all have a good day!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Made the skinnytaste recipe - next time will shred the Brussels sprouts as directed, but I had a cup of rice with it and wowie was that a lot of food.

Lana - glad the weather is nice, there are some wonderful things to see. Enjoy.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, scale up .6 - been awhile since I have seen that ##, so wondering what I will do to improve this week.....

War paint on for work. Skirt and nylons in case someone takes pictures at the "event that has no presentations". New glasses are working well but they rub a little at days end. May even walk dog in jeans to protect skirt......

Lana- hope your time in D.C. is going well.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Monday

I know I have been away for awhile. I had been on a good track and then I was away at a conference the early part of last week. Much too much food and no exercise. It stayed that way through the weekend. I have not checked the scale since before the conference when I had actually seen the 150s. Today is a new day. Committing to tracking everything and staying on plan now until Thanksgiving Day. That is exactly one month from today! Yikes!

Looked at a selfie I took in July and compared to a selfie from today. My face looks rounder now, although I didn't think I had gained any weight from then until now. Hmmm....

Did not get the house we offered on. Sellers were not as motivated as we were led to believe. We saw another house on Saturday and are considering putting in an offer. Planning to see it again tomorrow night and bringing the kids along this time.

Sara - I'm glad your eyes are okay!

Lana - Hope you're having a great time!

Happy Monday!

Annie
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    *waves to everyone who stops in*

its cold and rainy here. very blah after such a beautiful weekend. am sucking down what seems like buckets of hot chai today.

the baby shower went well saturday. actually had a few people say they have never been to one that was as much fun! i took that as a great compliment! i had tons of games and prizes. had a photobooth, lots of pictures, and there was soooooo much food! the games that were the biggest hits were bobbing for nipples, pacifier spitting contest, and baby sketches (draw sketch of baby on paper plate that you hold/set on top of your head).

family pictures went well yesterday. the day was warm and sunny so couldn't have asked for better! discovered our grandson does not like dogs or cats, of course he has never really been around any before either.

Back to tracking and eating right. Am feeling crappy due to "eating wrong" for such a long period of time - headaches, tummyaches, digestive issues, etc. Scale slowing creeping higher. Trying to cut out added sugars and processed foods for at least a week. Found a co-worker who wants to start walking or using gym at work at least a couple times a week. (Lets hope we can actually follow through with that!)

have an appointment for phys therapy tonight to work on painful shoulder & neck. i think i just overdid it this weekend.

166 current
    216 highest
    145 goal

*lounging in the sun, soaking up the rays to stay warm*

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Kathryn - Hope that your neck and shoulders feel better soon.....

Annie - sending good wishes for successful house hunting.....

Sara - hope that either the eyeglasses settle in or that you can get them adjusted at a fitting soon.

My sister and I walked 6.3 miles yesterday, OMG. Today we did two hours at the East Building National Gallery--just wonderful... tomorrow is the West/Original Building. I have not been counting calories, but I have been thinking twice about things and reining in on some impulses, thus saving some calories.

You all have a good Tuesday. Waves to all who stop by later or tomorrow~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - love that you are getting so much in and walking is a side benefit.

Oatmeal for dinner as the dessert buffet put me in the red - really small and wonderful desserts but I had 5, so there is my truth.

Glasses are doing better. Tomorrow I take car in for paint protection coating - done twice a year- so it is easier to take day off. Knitting, bills and laundry on to do list. How dull.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning.

Dog up earlier for outside - so just got her fed.

Day off. Shuttle will take home/ pick up so have a "to do list".

Back for more sleep. BBL.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    just got call from DD. she went to get something out of her storage unit and found that it had been broken into and nearly all her stuff stolen. she is pretty much a basket case. she is going to move into an apartment in a couple of weeks and now all her furniture and decor is gone.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Police report made. Insurance company contacted. DD is ok for the most part. Heartbroken about losing family heirlooms and sentimental things. Police said there have been several storage facilities that have been hit in the past 2 or 3 days. Most people wont even know they have been hit until they have to visit their unit and for some people that could be several months.

I had been complaining about my morning with a cat that threw up several places (I am still trying to locate all of them!). The whole house smells like rotten fish. Its raining, which doesn't help with smell and keeps us from opening windows. DH is contemplating re-homing the cat now. He is the one that got her in the first place! I do know that the longer we have her, the more clear it becomes that I am really a dog person. I should have known better when he said he wanted to get her.

On a brighter note, the scales said 2.5 pounds less than yesterday. Pretty sure its just water weight. I am avoiding added sugars and processed foods. I was only a few calories in the red yesterday as opposed to 1200 in the red as I have been for the past few weeks. Trying to rein myself in from all the emotional/stress eating I have been doing the past few months.

I was very very sore after phys therapy last night, but feel better overall today. Shoulder not as tight, sore, and aching. Have an appointment next Monday. I have to remember not to over do things this week/weekend.

DH planned a trip to visit an old Army buddy in WV to kind of get me away from everything for a few days. Not looking forward to the long drive, but will be nice to have a change of scenery.

*waves to everyone who drops in*

remember to give the Cboys plenty to do to keep them busy!

*snapping fingers for fresh drink and a foot massage*

• lillykcstee
    lillykcstee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me I would like friends on this app to help me continue my journey. I started again last week for the 100th time.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hello All~~
    It's Tuesday.

I'm sitting at the hotel icing my left knee, which has decided I've been doing just a bit too much....Advils as well.
    I think we go to Georgetown to walk around tomorrow.

Sara - A day off is nice, even if it has lots of errands, right?

Kathryn, so sad about DD's belongings. What a shame. :(
    Very nice about scale!

Welcome to Lilly~~

*flopping onto lounge chair for nap*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana hope your knee is doing better. :o

Kathryn, also sorry to know about your DD storage unit.

I fell asleep too soon this evening and woke up wondering if it was Tues/Wed.... luckily for me I have more time to ZZZZ.

Tomorrow at work is food truck, will have to see what options are available and make the best health choice.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

10 to 15 degrees hotter than "normal". Woke up last night HOT so finally changed night attire and that helped.

Pulled/tweeked area on "ball of foot" near smallest toes. I dont quite know how, will wear different shoes. Massage helps so we shall see.

Food truck day at work they are bringing 5 trucks in. Have no clue as I had yesterday off what is available, so will make my best choices.

Breakfast ready , it feels like a Monday. Hoping for a little more sleep.

Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    Options
    *waves to everyone who drops in*

with everything that has happened, DH wanted to take me away for a few days. so getting prepped for jeep jamboree. always feels rushed and seems like there is never enough time to get everything done when packing.

*changing from beachwear to jeepwear*

ya'll keep the Cboys busy while i'm out in the mountains!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I have NOT been on the bandwagon like I said I would be beginning Monday. Grrr. Letting stress get the better of me. Woke up with a horrific headache this morning which killed my appetite (except for toast) but then I finally had to drink some sugary, caffeine-loaded pop to help alleviate the ache. (I was literally crying from how bad I felt). I can still feel it around the edges. Probably time for some more ibuprofen.

On a positive note - we put in an offer on a house last night and after a little back and forth, our offer was accepted! It's a lovely home with good bones. I don't care for their paint choices, so that will be the first thing we do. Then in time we will do something with flooring. It's okay for now but not what we would want long-term. Of course, more expensive than our house so the payment is going up a bit. Time to tighten our belts! But it seems like a nice, quiet neighborhood with other kids around. It's on a cul-de-sac so not a lot of traffic. Yard is big enough.

Now we need to get our house on the market ASAP! Professional photographer is coming on Friday morning and we'll hope to list yet on Friday or over the weekend. Let's hope it sells quickly and for a good price! Our offer was contingent on selling our home. Wish us luck!

I'm a little sad to be forced out of our house and our neighborhood by the drug-addict jerks across the street. But I guess I have to think positively that this is a new adventure for our family. The kids will stay in the same schools, which is what we decided would be best with our daughter starting high school next year. Sad to say goodbye to a couple of our neighbors but we really aren't that close. It was just a comfort knowing we had good neighbors we could trust - until 2 1/2 years ago.

Better get some work done! Planning to go to the gym tonight to get in a 2 mile walk on the track as long as my head isn't pounding by then again. Exercise is good for stress.

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Long day at work audit was one of the worst I have had there, but it can only get better right??

Annie - any chance to speak to neighbors in your possible new home? I can almost guarantee you the realtor trying to sell your home will not mention those rotten neighbors....Hope the offer goes through and things all work out.

Kathryn enjoy your jeep escape. Change of scene sounds like a good plan.

Red all over my calorie count but at least I entered almost all of it...... hard to add what food trucks have as you wont get the recipe.....

Toasty here for a couple more days.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning, dog up early so here we are.

Neighbor saw a shawl I made and that got her back into knitting on a loom. She asked if she made baby hats if I could add them to my donation - I said sure. Dont see her too often. She locked herself out of her apartment so I sat with her until she could get back in.

Almost Friday and that is a nice thing.

Can anyone explain this to me? We have a cafe in our building and the lady who runs it has a red fish. Someone stole the fish - why would anyone do that? Staying well out of the way of that persons bad karma.....

Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Annie- congrats on the house! Hope yours sells soon! Fingers crossed