Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Dawn - Banfield is run through PetSmart and is open a lot more often. I am hoping they are open 4th of July ( I will find out!!) to pick up meds.....

No shredded chicken so I bought the pre made chicken salad and will add apple and peanuts. I may even add more celery.

Never did cool down last night so I hope tonight is better.

Washed hand wash dishes while it is early.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Happy Sunday all! And hello to new and “old” members!

This last week has been pure insanity at work, and then exhausting at home with the puppy. She insists on waking up at 4 am every morning so we are working on that!

Haven’t been eating the best, but I’m not really gaining. Really trying to get back on the good eating tomorrow. I do have a work trip to San Francisco coming up this Thursday, so that’ll make things a bit difficult but I think it’ll be good!

Temperatures have been scorching - 98 degrees today with it feeling like 110. Humidity is 70%. I’ve been mostly hiding out indoors but did get a workout in yesterday.

Made baked eggplant parm tonight for dinner that was quite delicious.

Anyway! Hope all are enjoying the rest of their weekend!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Had to go to vet twice, I was late to the time they asked me to get there, the phone att store guy was stumped and it took longer than I expected, but we went later and she is taken care of. Got extra walking in all weekend.

Like ErynVee work is stupid crazy end of fiscal year and all.

6 zucchini enchiladas are in the oven waiting to be sent to freezer (2) and 4 to be packaged in glass containers with black beans for lunches this week.

Dog and I are drinking extra water, hoping the wind cools us down.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2018
    Okay, got my cell phone protected by my internet security system. needed a little "live chat" to help me, but it has been a computer/technology nightmare this weekend (complete over stimulation) considered cookie - but that does not last long so.......

Hot chocolate is my reward. Okay I get on scale tomorrow, but at least I am getting on the scale.

7 enchiladas are in freezer/fridge, had large zucchinis and extra corn tortillas and they fit in the square cake pan.......4 meals waiting for me. :D

*cboys, you did not read your memo - you are late and tilliesmommy is kranky..... just so you know
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning, scale down a pound so all the extra walking and water is helping.

QOTD: What are you working this week to stay healthy?

AOTD: I need a new answer - making sure I eat my 3 servings of fruit (banana and another piece of fruit) every day.

So much cooler this morning, for which I am grateful but 100 again by the weekend. It is summer after all.

Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Happy Monday all!

AOTD: Dedicated exercise every day, staying within my calorie count, no ice cream until the weekend.

Waves to all,

Tess
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Happy Monday, those weekends sure disappear fast! My hubby and I built a flower bed on Saturday and I loaded almost all of the dirt into it by myself, almost 1 cubic yard. Yesterday my granddaughter "helped" me plant it. I still have two flats of flowers to plant in pots and I'm hoping to get that done tonight. I had bought black paint to paint the wood on the planter but decided I liked the contrast so I'm leaving the wood natural. I'm not going to let the paint go to waste though, I'm going to paint the exterior of our front door with it. Either some evening this week or on the weekend.u57hdxduizgi.jpg
    7yktz974tojc.jpg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    snowflake I hope if you post calories/exercise that you listed this as well.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Snowflake, that looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Headed to the gym now and my strength training session. This should help me sleep tonight!

Waves to all,

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Hi All~~

Sort of a zombie day for me; got things done, but just did not focus well and forgot to come to the Club and see you all.

Sara - Congrats on that fabulous weigh in. Your extra walking and water have paid off! Good for you~~

Snowflake, the garden and granddaughter are cute!

Tess - Applause for you getting to a gym for a strength training session. I can only imagine what that is, and you are doing it for real!

Eryn - where do you live? Are you a California Girl?

Waving to Dawn and Kathryn and Saltine and Missy and Izenzo and everyone else ~~

Lana

235.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning.

Lana - I was wondering where you wandered. Didnt want to nag, so glad you stopped by. You dont have to run marathons or work out at a gym all day long. Just do a little more than you have been. Zombie days are a good time to stop and rest.

Dawn took dog in Sunday and asked, they are open 4th of July - got my calendar wrong - I ordered allergy meds and will pick them up this weekend. Vet is also very busy and stands to stay around (the PetSmart near me for a couple years didnt the Banfield in the building) which I am pleased with.

I bought a pink spinner for a lady at work she was jealous of a coworkers, I got myself a white one, great for when I am on hold...... she got it out of the package in seconds and was spinning away. Someone is a millionaire for making those...

Oatmeal and the day waits. Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Thurs
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited June 2018
    i have no idea what happened to my previous post and why it says Thurs. that is mysterious and rather irritating.

i am in day 3 of latest migraine, however dr thinks it may actually be a developing cluster headache. (i would rather deal with migraines any day than one of those!) even the injection only seemed to give temporary relief this time and migraine would come right back. Tried going into work today. Was met with "you look like sh##, go home" I did not feel like arguing. trying to work from home as i can. Have appointment with neurologist and MRI on 12 July.

MIL went to her daughters Friday. Was back Sunday night. She says she is much more comfortable at our house than daughters. I am still somewhat leery of her as part of previous drama was her telling each family member a different stories, trying to play them against one another. Can just see her doing that again..... Am I being too hard on her?

Home health care nurse was to come see her for evaluations but never showed up. Not even a call. No idea what happened. That is not a promising sign. She has to use a home health care service based out of a town over an hour and a half away. The local one - same system as the hospital and all her doctors are in - is not in her "network." Don't understand that one at all, but also don't understand why her doctors' computer systems cannot talk to the hospital's computer systems when they are all in the same building and it is an entirely new building/system that was built with the promise of integrating all healthcare for convenience. Arrgh!

Dealing with migraine and MIL at same time is not a good idea. I spend all the time I can in bedroom. Anytime i am out of the bedroom she wants to talk and has tv on constantly at a somewhat loud volume. All i want is for house to be dark and quiet. Storms rolling through now. Am crawling back into bed.

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2018
    Kathryn, take good notes on MIL "stories" and home health care-depends on the kind of insurance your mother has and what insurance the home health care takes, you may want to make a phone call to her insurance (it may be mcare) to get more info, she may need authorization from her dr? Professional (dr) and hospital data are in my company on two databases (we are working on streamlining this........ :s ) so I was not too surprised to read your anguish. See if there is a Senior Ombudsman available with the hospital who might be able to assist.

Hope your head feels better. Cold compress on head/neck like an ice pack might help.

** cboys, get over to Kathryn asap.....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    n9ytlqtqgxj4.png

vioq058ohr4u.png
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Sara

Thank you for sending a full team of Cabana Boys over to Kathryn.

Did they take the Spray Valium for her MIL? Hope so.

DH makes me so sad.
    Finally told two friends all the gory details; it helps to know that someone else knows.
    On the other hand, I am grateful for the fireflies out in the yard.
    I got work done to move along the Roof Project.
    I walked 2.25 miles today, and it felt uphill the whole way!!
    Now that I’m talking to you guys maybe I will grab a towel and go for a quick skinny dip in the pool.

Big hugs for everybody.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - I know they did have the Spray "mute" for her MIL and inlaw relatives- hehehehe. Fireflies how awesome, I remember them from childhood (not a CA thing). Great job walking. I hope it means you sleep well.

Off to knit/crochet and watch acorn TV.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    TUESDAY

Good morning.

Lana - I was wondering where you wandered. Didnt want to nag, so glad you stopped by. You dont have to run marathons or work out at a gym all day long. Just do a little more than you have been. Zombie days are a good time to stop and rest.

Dawn took dog in Sunday and asked, they are open 4th of July - got my calendar wrong - I ordered allergy meds and will pick them up this weekend. Vet is also very busy and stands to stay around (the PetSmart near me for a couple years didnt the Banfield in the building) which I am pleased with.

I bought a pink spinner for a lady at work she was jealous of a coworkers, I got myself a white one, great for when I am on hold...... she got it out of the package in seconds and was spinning away. Someone is a millionaire for making those...

Oatmeal and the day waits. Wave to all who follow.

Good they are open on holiday. Especially the 4th! So many people don't think about the effect of fireworks on the 4th, or they don't pay attention and animal gets hurt.
  • arniedog74
    edited June 2018
    Kathryn - we got upset with cousins nurse, often. She just wouldn't show multiple times in a row. She was only scheduled to show twice a week, until the end. But, there were times, it would be 2 weeks before we saw her. And, she didn't always respond to SO when he had important questions. Home Health is supposed to be wonderful. It was not the greatest for us. She was a good nurse, when she came. Hugs to you! Hope your head feels better!

Lana - hugs to you as well! Great WI!
  • arniedog74
    If anyone is interested... Scentsy has a FLASH SALE going on right now! They have some amazing deals! Check out the SALE section on my site! Don't forget, you can order online and have it delivered straight to your door! Thank you for your support!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9352755