Weird things you do with food

Replies

• bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    I don’t like to waste my almond milk, so after I’m done eating cereal I put the bowl with the left over milk in the fridge and reuse it when I’m ready for another bowl 😂
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    widgit808 wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I leave my teabag in until I'm completely finished drinking my tea.

My sister does this.

I do the same. Had no idea it wasn't common practice!

Apparently 3 minutes is a good guide, but I've seen some take it out in much less time than that. Been told that's what the dainty little saucer is for under your traditional teacup. I use a mug, and have no such hangups about what to do with my teabag while drinking.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    I don’t like to waste my almond milk, so after I’m done eating cereal I put the bowl with the left over milk in the fridge and reuse it when I’m ready for another bowl 😂

@bootyrubsandtacos Did you hear about the recall? (sorry to go off topic)
    http://6abc.com/food/vanilla-almond-breeze-almond-milk-recalled-may-contain-milk/3876040/
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited August 2018
    I like to drench fresh peach halves and pinapple chunks on skewers with balsamic vinegar and grill them. Everybody looks at you weird but they're yummy.

I put tuna and salsa in my mac & cheese. My hubs likes it that way now, too. In fact, if I don't add the tuna and salsa, he gives me a pathetic whine and a sad/confused face.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »

@bootyrubsandtacos Did you hear about the recall? (sorry to go off topic)
    http://6abc.com/food/vanilla-almond-breeze-almond-milk-recalled-may-contain-milk/3876040/

I heard! I don’t drink almond breeze anyway and I have no issue with real milk. I just drink unsweetened almond milk because it’s low in calories lol. Thanks for the heads up though! @DoubleUbea That was nice of you :)
  • DoubleUbea
    That sounds good, but a salty vinegar is good on anything.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    zcb94 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    I don't think I do anything THAT weird with my food, but the other day I witnessed my dad do something pretty gross after dinner...
    We normally don't have soda in the house, but we had leftovers from the Fourth of July and he opened the fridge, poured a glass half full of Coca-Cola.... AND THEN HE FILLED THE REST WITH MILK. He drank the entire thing in less than 10 seconds claiming how delicious it was, like a "root beer float but with coke".... UM?! No thank you!!!! XD I didn't try it so I mean, it MIGHT be good, but it just seems so, so wrong...
    I would try that (would have to use Diet Coke), but for the fact that an old friend told me that, if you drink milk and then drink Coke, you’ll cancel the calcium’s blessing (not to mention needing about an hour of alone time to deal with the belching!).

A lot of my east Indiana friends (when I lived back home) would use pink cream soda and put milk in it. Claim it tastes like strawberry milk. Tried it and it really isnt that bad.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited August 2018
    I only like any sandwich I make at home to be smashed/flatten (like pancake flat), tear the ends off and put them on top, flatten some more then eat it. Only exception is brisket corned beef & pastrami sandwiches

I have to cook my corned beef and pastrami deli meats, I won't eat it unless they are cooked a bit.

I only like meats well done (little to NO pink). Same for packaged & frozen foods, whatever the instructions say, I'll leave it in the oven or stove 5-10 minutes or more longer than the directions say, to make sure it's well done.

I only eat bananas if they have a wee bit of green on them, I like them a bit raw and won't eat a ripe banana, period.

I love mangoes drenched in hot or tabasco sauce, lemon juice and salt

I put salt on my watermelon

I love foods that make me work to eat them (pomegranates, sunflower seeds, crab legs, nuts, etc.)

I prefer eat the hard part (the edges) of brownies and most cakes/bakery goods and leave the very soft part.

I won't eat scrambled eggs, only hard boiled or over medium/hard or over hard
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    I don't eat many weird foods, but I do some weird things with food.

I will only ever microwave things for 90 seconds. Half the time, if it's still cold in the middle afterwards, I just suck it up and eat it anyway.

I eat my things in a very specific order - worst to best. OH eats it best to worst and I can't understand why he'd want the last bite to be of something lame.

I can't handle sweet things with savoury, like sweet and sour chicken, but I do like savoury with sweet like pretzels and chocolate. I don't know what the difference is between the two.

I dissect everything I can - Kitkats, M&Ms, Mars Bars, carrots (the core is definitely sweeter).

Pizza crust is my favourite part of a pizza.

Cold chow mein is so much better than hot.

If I have a baguette I pull the soft inside out and eat it on its own, then spread butter on the crust and eat that.
  • squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    Any fruity candies (skittles, fruit snacks) must be grouped into colors and eaten from the color I like least to the color I like best (usually starting with orange and ending with purple).

Oreos dipped in peanut butter is AMAZING, as are fresh-out-of-the-oven, still-warm brownies with butter and salt on top.

I dip egg rolls in mustard. I hate peas alone but I love pea salad. I love waffle fries dipped in mayo.

I’ll eat tomatoes in salad or on tacos but I despise them on sandwiches and hamburgers.
  • squeaker87
    kazminchu wrote: »

I will only ever microwave things for 90 seconds. Half the time, if it's still cold in the middle afterwards, I just suck it up and eat it anyway.

My husband microwaves all things for 3 minutes. Doesn’t matter what it is!
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    @squeaker87 on board with the candy! Although mine would end with green. I firmly believe all green candies taste superior to other colors 🤣
  • DoubleUbea
    squeaker87 wrote: »
    I hate peas alone but I love pea salad.
    I don't like peas but I like snap peas in the pod and only in the pod/
    I’ll eat tomatoes in salad or on tacos but I despise them on sandwiches and hamburgers.
    That seems normal, a sandwich/hamburger is too sloppy with lettuce and tomato on it.
  • squeaker87
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    That seems normal, a sandwich/hamburger is too sloppy with lettuce and tomato on it.
    [/quote]

Yes! They just make it soggy and I feel like all I taste is tomato!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    If you put your tomatos on the top, touching the mayo on your bread they stay put. For years I always put my tomatos on my cheese, then lettuce, then the top bread and couldn't figure out why they always slid out of my sandwich. My hubby pointed out I was putting them in the wrong order. I thought he was being nitpicky until I tried it. Mind Blown. LOL. It makes for a less messy sandwich, since the tomatos aren't sliding out between the lettuce and cheese.
  • squeaker87
    kcs76 wrote: »
    @squeaker87 on board with the candy! Although mine would end with green. I firmly believe all green candies taste superior to other colors 🤣

See I have this weird problem with green apple candy. It makes me cough! My husband thinks I’m crazy but I swear it’s true!!! Jolly ranchers are the worst! It also happens with some apple drinks, like fanta. It’s so weird.

• Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    When I was younger I would eat peanut butter and cucumber sandwiches with fresh cracked black pepper. I also remember loving banana wrapped in american cheese.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    kazminchu wrote: »

My husband microwaves all things for 3 minutes. Doesn’t matter what it is!

My mother will only microwave things for 2 minutes 22 seconds because then she only has to push the 2 button 3 times (and doesn't have to waste movement or thought on other buttons). I think she's nuts.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited August 2018
    I like deli dill or hot pickles with a peppermint stick inside them

Any fruit juice, smoothie or soda drink I may have, after I'm done and with a remnant left over, I fill it with ice water and drink it until any remnants of the juice, smoothie or soda taste & residue are gone. This usually takes 2 or 3 refills of ice water, then I'll drink water from this cup all day.

I never eat cereal in the daytime, ever. If I eat cereal, it has to be soggy and at night time.

I used to be a "coffeeaholic" (drinking 6-10 or more cups per day and over-loaded with sugarly/sweet creamers--a little coffee with my cream) now I only drink coffee maybe once or twice per week. I'm a "tea-toddler" now and steep my teas for at least 8-10 minutes or more, until they're ultra dark and bitterish and leave the tea bags in the cup until I'm done, then when I'm done, I'll squeeze the tea bag to get every last drop--also I drink my teas hot and unsweetened with nothing added

When I pop popcorn, I love eating the seeds after-afterwards, especially the half popped seeds. I also LOVE the black seeds in watermelon too. I collect/separate them as I'm eating a watermelon and eat the seeds afterwards.

One of my favorite candies is Jolly Ranchers. I'll buy a bag of them, take out all of the cherry and watermelon ones out and eat/save them. The rest (green, purple, blue, etc.) I leave for the family or toss them.