Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Gullible Naive Society or Just down right Lazy?

Options
JDMac82
JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
edited August 2018 in Debate Club
**DISCLAIMER**
This post is not meant to make any one feel singled out our having a finger pointed at them!

Why do people fall for the Drink Me Skinny Tea, ABC/XYZ Cleanse, WRAPS, Detox Pills/Powders, Neoprene Belts (Sweet Sweat) Squeeze Me Skinny (Corsets) and all the other ETC waste your money?

I dont intend to be mean but come on people THINK, USE YOUR BRAIN.

You CAN NOT target burn fat off your thighs, triceps, stomach, elbow, pinky toe, etc.

Proper Nutrition and Exercise are the ONLY PROVEN (outside a Medically Diagnosed Condition) methods.

Maybe its just me but all this waste of money stuff now a days................. have we really fallen that far off the Intellectual Bus?

Curious to see if I am the only one who thinks this.

Thanks for the read and comments

Replies

• JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options

Actually - depending on your goals - the bolded doesn't have that much to do with the reasons people are utilizing those quick fix scams. If the goal is to lose weight - a calorie deficit is what matters. Proper nutrition and exercise are important factors for overall health, but they don't guarantee the calorie deficit or the weight loss.

[/quote]

I agree with you about Deficit for weight loss, thats what I was saying is that Proper Nutrition (Deficit to lose / Overage to Gain) and exercise are the only ways to get to said Goals.

Not utilizing some quick fix.

My fault if that was clear enough.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Since we as a society are lazy we become gullible in order to find a quick fix.