JUST GIVE ME 10 Days - Round 49

Options

Replies

• Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine & @GrandmaJackie yes!! I am figuring this out. Thanks for your insight!
  • jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    Options

@GrandmaJackie It took a while to convince Carl that I would be able to find something I could eat almost anywhere he wanted to eat. The one place I have found where that isn’t the case is Panda Express. They must cook everything with cornstarch!

@quiltingjaine OMG! You are so right! I feel puffy if I even walk through the door! :no_mouth:
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    jerier wrote: »
    VermontDan wrote: »

8/09 - 215.8 lbs - I've been eating too much in the morning and skipping lunch. I need to balance meals.

@VermontDan Why? Are you overly hungry and wanting to snack before dinner? If so then I agree, Less calories for breakfast and eating lunch may be the better approach. If you're staying within your daily calorie deficit and not overly hungry prior to dinner then I don't see a problem. Spreading your calories over 2 meals per day is just as healthy as 3.

@AJB1014 If a big dinner satisfies and you maintain your daily calorie deficit, then keep up the good work.

Thanks! An outside perspective is always appreciated.
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    @jerier thank you! 😊 it makes sense!
  • Sweetzyd
    Options
    When I started MFP little less than a month ago, I was reading in one of the forums and a lady was asking for advice. She said that she didnt know what she was doing wrong, she was staying within 1200 calories a day and couldn't lose weight. A man replied to her that if shes not losing weight then shes not only consuming 1200 calories, she had to be consuming more. I thought that was a bit harsh of him to say. That may work for him, but not everyone!
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine Haha, burgers are the best! I eat burgers at home too, but then I make it so its not more than 400 cal and I eat something healthy on the side. I can live without the bun :D I really agree that straight CI/CO doesn't work! Of course it matters where calories come from. You don't get the necessary vitamins and minerals from eating chocolate for breakfast for instance, and oh my god you get hungry waaay before lunchtime. But I like the idea that I'm not like forcing myself to quit sweets and "bad" foods forever, you can fit in some ice cream once in a while without suffering from any vitamin deficiencies and still be within your calorie goal :lol: I think this is the way to go for me to lose and maintain the weight. Changing habits and making better choices in the daily life, but allowing myself an occasional treat within my calorie goal.