30 Day Shred Group- August (Part 2)

Options

Replies

• summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Kim I am sorry for your loss.

I woke up early and did L1D3. I finally feel the soreness going away which is good because I could barely walk yesterday. I was having a neck issue with the back of my neck and just doing this DVD has helped it so much already.

First NSV is my work out pants are starting to get loose (and started sliding off my butt)
    Oh and I lost 1.4lbs too
  • Stumbleine
    Stumbleine Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So I'm noticing something a little strange. I can SEE a major difference (particularly in my stomach, it's smaller and tighter) since I've been doing 30DS, particularly in the last week, but there haven't been hardly any changes in the scale or my measurements. I've lost 1 pound total, and maybe half an inch in my waist and no where else. But I definitely look like I've lost more. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm seeing changes that aren't there. It seems like people usually have the opposite experience. They don't see any changes on themselves, yet they've lost weight/inches.

I'm going to keep at it though, and not weigh or measure myself again until the end. Hopefully there will be some change...
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    So I'm noticing something a little strange. I can SEE a major difference (particularly in my stomach, it's smaller and tighter) since I've been doing 30DS, particularly in the last week, but there haven't been hardly any changes in the scale or my measurements. I've lost 1 pound total, and maybe half an inch in my waist and no where else. But I definitely look like I've lost more. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm seeing changes that aren't there. It seems like people usually have the opposite experience. They don't see any changes on themselves, yet they've lost weight/inches.

I'm going to keep at it though, and not weigh or measure myself again until the end. Hopefully there will be some change...

I felt like that the first time I did the shred.... You could be burning the fat & it's making muscle, there for you look better, but not a big change in measurements of weight =) Did you take a picture before the Shred?
  • FullmetalAlchemistMommy
    Options
    Hey ladies.
    I have been MIA for the last few days, but I am still rocking out the 30DS. I am on day 7 of level 2. It is kicking my butt. When I started, I did all of the things modified, now I am able to incorporate some of the plyometric movements in with a few of the exercises. I didn't keep track of my measurements, and I wish I had because I can definitely see a difference. I am down 8lbs since the start, so I am just going to keep on going. Looking forward to starting level 3 in a few days, I am ready for something new.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm currently struggling with something similar as well. I've been in a bad mood the last few days and seeing that the scale went up 1 pound yesterday on my weekly weigh in was just what I didn't need. I boycotted working out yesterday :ohwell: until I could push myself over the mini mental speed bump. I've lost 3 pounds since Aug 1st. I for sure can see the difference in my arms when I flex and as others have said my thighs are like stone. But in my waist I spent half of the evening in front of one mirror or another trying to decide if I was seeing what I wanted to see as visible change or if there really has been a change. I've known of people not dropping the pounds with 30ds but getting toned but it doesn't make it any easier. Anyways I'm getting back on the train yet again tonight and changing my alarm to go off earlier so I can get back to the morning workouts. With arm and leg changes evident I've now told myself that waist changes have to be next! (just not over night!)
  • Stumbleine
    Options

I felt like that the first time I did the shred.... You could be burning the fat & it's making muscle, there for you look better, but not a big change in measurements of weight =) Did you take a picture before the Shred?

No, I didn't take any pictures before I started. I wish I would have!
  • SaraStanton
    Options

I am experiencing the same thing! Only 2lbs lost so far but I can see real definition in my stomach, arms and legs. My legs feel much stronger and my husband says I am "getting some guns" when he feels my arms. I know my endurance is improving as well but it gets frustrating not to see that scale move. I am trying to stay on the mindset that my main goal is to finish the 30 days (I am on on Day#6 of Level 2) but working my butt off like I am doing for the last 16 days I would love that scale to move!
  • jms88
    jms88 Posts: 49
    Options
    L2D5. I can't believe I'm already halfway done with Level 2! I know it takes motivation for us to do it, but it seems like those days are slipping away pretty fast. Is that just me?

This workout is beginning to give me some issues with my knees and hips, so I hope I'm not modifying too much.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the condolences..... But on a good note, I became a great Aunt today.... :love:

L1D6 is complete. I am also having some issues with my knee's and the jumping parts of cardio hurts. But I am pushing through. I havent weigh myself due to TOM so I dont know what is going on. I really dont see a difference but people at work are noticing. I really wish I saw a difference in my waist.. :ohwell:
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    L2D7 today, missed yesterday due to being in the ER with my hubby (he will be ok). Finding it a bit easier now but my ankles and knees are hating me. FINALLY seeing my weight go down a tiny bit. Measurements not changing too much but I feel like I have more muscle. Thinking I will take some pics at the end of L2 for comparison to the start. Also realized I will have to wait a few days to do my final pic because when I finish I will be majorly bloated due to TOM.
  • Ceceamanda
    Options
    Day 5 done! Trying to motivate myself to get up early to do day 6. Hopefully I can get to bed early enough that it's possible!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    L2D7 today, missed yesterday due to being in the ER with my hubby (he will be ok). Finding it a bit easier now but my ankles and knees are hating me. FINALLY seeing my weight go down a tiny bit. Measurements not changing too much but I feel like I have more muscle. Thinking I will take some pics at the end of L2 for comparison to the start. Also realized I will have to wait a few days to do my final pic because when I finish I will be majorly bloated due to TOM.

Crap I didn't even think of that! ... When we finish 30DS I'll end up with TOM too. =/ That sucks for pictures. Maybe I'll wait until the next week, when TOM is gone, to take pictures
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    L2D5 321 Calories burned

So glad I'm half way through Level 2. I can't stand this level....
    But should I be excited it's half over? I'm not so sure I know what I'm getting into with Level 3 yet. So as much as I want Level 2 to come, I'm not sure if I'd rather it stay over Level 3.
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options

I am experiencing the same thing! Only 2lbs lost so far but I can see real definition in my stomach, arms and legs. My legs feel much stronger and my husband says I am "getting some guns" when he feels my arms. I know my endurance is improving as well but it gets frustrating not to see that scale move. I am trying to stay on the mindset that my main goal is to finish the 30 days (I am on on Day#6 of Level 2) but working my butt off like I am doing for the last 16 days I would love that scale to move!

Also in the boat with you guys. No change weight wise (except gaining!) or measurements. Bf says my arms are more muscley. I say he's lying :p He also thinks my legs are thinner.

Not gonna stop. Gonna try get up in mornings (OH GOD!) and do turbo jam as well.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Day 16

Level 2 Day 9 Complete

Nothing new to report...
  • Stumbleine
    Options

Also in the boat with you guys. No change weight wise (except gaining!) or measurements. Bf says my arms are more muscley. I say he's lying :p He also thinks my legs are thinner.

Not gonna stop. Gonna try get up in mornings (OH GOD!) and do turbo jam as well.

How are you liking Turbo Jam? I was thinking about integrating it into 30DS these last couple weeks.
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    L2 Day 3 is Done! Ugh. I "like" this level more than level 1 ( it seems to by faster, anyway) but I too appreciate the little breaks that they seem to take in this level. (ie, the pause between circuit 1 and 2, and the pause after the *$%&@#^ plank twists.). At least I certainly know I'm getting my value out of my workout!! I can hardly wait for my HRM to get here.. I am really curious what I'm actually burning this level -- near death gets that heart rate up pretty high!! I've been using 5 lbs too, ( did 3's for level 1) and may have to go back to the 3's. I do fine with them, except for the chair squats with the V. I think I'm pausing for more of those than what I'm actually doing!!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Mornin' Gang!

Well, Day 22 L3D2 is done. I'm feeling weak and incompetent on this level. I'm taking more breaks on this that I have on the other levels. Different moves that I need to adapt to.... I know it won't defeat me, and by a few more days, I'll feel better about this level.

I'm up 2# from where I was this time last week. I had a little carb "feeding frenzy" last night, pasta (which I'll admit was so worth it because I usually don't eat pasta :devil: ) and a sliver of birthday cake for a sweet 16 party. I have to be honest and fess up that I was sneaking fingerfuls of butter cream frosting while the cake was being made. :embarassed: Ah, life goes one. Learn what you can and move on!

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • Ceceamanda
    Options

How are you liking Turbo Jam? I was thinking about integrating it into 30DS these last couple weeks.

I've been thinking of the same thing! I'm worried it may be a lot on my knees doing both. But maybe it's worth a try!
  • Ceceamanda
    Options
    Oh an D6L2 done this morning! Surprised myself when I got out of bed at 6:20. Decided I'd go with it. Moves are getting better. But I may have to do a mix of level 1 and 2 or something. To keep myself entertained and to keep my muscles guessing. Have a fab day!