WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Replies

• ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Another good, yet sparse day of eating. Just eating smartly but not alot. Today was yogurt, my bean and cabbage soup, and for dinner 2 oz of leftover fettuccine, 169 g of sauteed zucchini, and a link of sausage. Oh and some pickled cucumbers. My stomach is not happy, but I'll solider thru!
    Hugs peeps!
    Rebecca 💗
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Pat in PA

Oh, PupPup is sweetie !!!

Thanks for sharing <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Karen NY oh wow thanks for the pictures. Gorgeous. I can only dream. Take care <3

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Happy Sunday ladies!

sfsoccermom2
    - I see you posted a couple days ago about your A1C being up. There are several of us in this group with blood sugar/pre diabetes issues and I am one of them. I've found 2 books by Michael Mosley got me started back to taking care of it. The 5:2 FastDiet is one, and The (8 week) Blood Sugar Diet. You can find websites which explain both of these. Mosley also has good Youtube presentations and one of my faves is "Eat, Fast and Live Longer".

For me, eating more healthy fats and cutting out junk carbs - candy, cakes, cookies, processed foods worked wonders. And more exercise, strength training. Bonus is losing some fat!

If you already are on a program that works for you, that is great. Good luck and carry on! B)

Kim - I was wondering how your brother was doing. Your mom is certainly in a sad place - his abuse of her coupled with her denial of his fate. Her comments about "just joking" are interesting. Glad your company is gone and you can relax and put some time and space between it all.

Lisa - thanks for posting your before and after photos - you are back on your journey and will get there just fine. I am impressed at your wallpaper removal battle, lol. Good job. Is your middle name tenacious by any chance?

NY Karen - enjoy your trip!! Can't wait to see pix and smart thinking taking your coffee. The food there sounds GREAT!! What's the temperature supposed to be like in S Africa when you get there? - I am guessing it's more wintery than Dubai, lol.

Penny - your description of the sealing ship where the guys didn't bathe for 7 months struck a nerve with me. Lately, I'm having to really "get after" my DH to shower and change his sweats on a regular basis without severe nagging and complaining on my part especially after mowing and working outside where he is yellow from pollen. Guess I should count my blessings.... he could be covered with seal oil! :s

Machka
    - finding a way to mount your bike photos is a great idea, and good therapy too. Is this something your DH could help you with? Does he enjoy doing crafts?

Barbara AHMOD - I am so envious of your red leaf lettuce. I cannot get it to grow -it either dies immediately or grows quickly and bolts/bitters in a few days....EXCEPT last year a seed found its way onto the compost heap back under the trees and I got a few of those yummy leaves before the bunnies and deer spotted them. Good luck with the beets and onions! You never know.... I've been enjoying kale all summer from a couple self-seeded plants with milk crates over them to keep the 4 legged critters off.

Katla - enjoy the kids and grandkids! How long has it been since your son's family (wife and child/now children) have been out to visit? Also did your DD's house in CO sell OK? You probably said and I missed it.

I could keep going but need to get busy here. Welcome new and returning gals - hugs all around!

Lanette
    Cooler SW WA where we got nearly 1/4 inch of rain yesterday in 2 downpours, no thunder. Back up to hot weather this week but grateful for the clean air today.
    Happy Sunday ladies!

sfsoccermom2
    - I see you posted a couple days ago about your A1C being up. There are several of us in this group with blood sugar/pre diabetes issues and I am one of them. I've found 2 books by Michael Mosley got me started back to taking care of it. The 5:2 FastDiet is one, and The (8 week) Blood Sugar Diet. You can find websites which explain both of these. Mosley also has good Youtube presentations and one of my faves is "Eat, Fast and Live Longer".

For me, eating more healthy fats and cutting out junk carbs - candy, cakes, cookies, processed foods worked wonders. And more exercise, strength training. Bonus is losing some fat!

If you already are on a program that works for you, that is great. Good luck and carry on! B)

Kim - I was wondering how your brother was doing. Your mom is certainly in a sad place - his abuse of her coupled with her denial of his fate. Her comments about "just joking" are interesting. Glad your company is gone and you can relax and put some time and space between it all.

Lisa - thanks for posting your before and after photos - you are back on your journey and will get there just fine. I am impressed at your wallpaper removal battle, lol. Good job. Is your middle name tenacious by any chance?

NY Karen - enjoy your trip!! Can't wait to see pix and smart thinking taking your coffee. The food there sounds GREAT!! What's the temperature supposed to be like in S Africa when you get there? - I am guessing it's more wintery than Dubai, lol.

Penny - your description of the sealing ship where the guys didn't bathe for 7 months struck a nerve with me. Lately, I'm having to really "get after" my DH to shower and change his sweats on a regular basis without severe nagging and complaining on my part especially after mowing and working outside where he is yellow from pollen. Guess I should count my blessings.... he could be covered with seal oil! :s

Machka
    - finding a way to mount your bike photos is a great idea, and good therapy too. Is this something your DH could help you with? Does he enjoy doing crafts?

Barbara AHMOD - I am so envious of your red leaf lettuce. I cannot get it to grow -it either dies immediately or grows quickly and bolts/bitters in a few days....EXCEPT last year a seed found its way onto the compost heap back under the trees and I got a few of those yummy leaves before the bunnies and deer spotted them. Good luck with the beets and onions! You never know.... I've been enjoying kale all summer from a couple self-seeded plants with milk crates over them to keep the 4 legged critters off.

Katla - enjoy the kids and grandkids! How long has it been since your son's family (wife and child/now children) have been out to visit? Also did your DD's house in CO sell OK? You probably said and I missed it.

I could keep going but need to get busy here. Welcome new and returning gals - hugs all around!

Lanette
    Cooler SW WA where we got nearly 1/4 inch of rain yesterday in 2 downpours, no thunder. Back up to hot weather this week but grateful for the clean air today.
    Happy Sunday ladies!

sfsoccermom2

Machka

Lanette
    Happy Sunday ladies!

sfsoccermom2

Machka

Lanette
    Happy Sunday ladies!

sfsoccermom2

Machka

Lanette
    Happy Sunday ladies!

sfsoccermom2

Machka

Lanette

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I’m on my phone & don’t have my usual ability to make specific comments to individuals right now. We will have to sort things out with the phone company tomorrow. We are NOT very happy about this—especially me. :'(
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    <3<3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Still here, reading all your posts.

I too love clothes shopping and have far too many.

Feeling a bit down at the moment after visit to DD she has family problems and all we can do is tell her we are there for her. She is strong and I wish we lived nearer but have promised to visit more often. There have been transport problems and sleeping arrangement difficulties but sorted now.

Have been sorting paperwork and in the middle of writing my Living Will, more difficult than I thought, deciding at what stage you would want life support withdrawn etc we have a government website which gives guidance and scenarios.

Have got a short Spanish sojourn coming up so something to look forward to

Kate UK <3
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Holding you in my heart, Allie dear! :heart:

Penny
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,469 Member
    💗
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Good luck ALLIE <3<3
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Allie, good luck today. I’m sending you strength.

Machka, you could use Command Strips for hanging rather than nails. They come in clear plastic so they can wouldn’t show much. Not sure if you can get them where you are but you could order some. They work beautifully.

Karen, amazing art work. What people can do blows my mind.

Lisa, thanks for sharing your before and after pictures. You are inspiring.

It’s almost 7:00 and everyone has left for work. The house is so nice and quiet.

My goal is to change the sheets on the bed. It’s long over due. I think I can do it myself. We’ll see. Not much of a goal but the best I can do for today unless my shoulder feels better.

Terry
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Good morning all! Happy Monday! Expect lots of typos in my post this morning. Trentin (my seven year old charge) was with me until 9pm last night! Good thing he is a pretty easy kid. Needless to say, I am TIRED!

Shopping-Clothes shopping is not my thing. Never has been. Even when I was young and thin. I LOVE to grocery shop and to shop at craft stores and home improvement stores, though! As far as clothes go, I could probably fit my entire wardrobe into a carry-on bag. I tend to wear athletic wear during day care hours. It is just easier to maintain, move around in, etc. I have a couple of skirts/dresses for occasions. lol I remember when I was a teen, going clothes shopping with my older sister. She was taking me to see Prince, in concert, for my 16th birthday and she was buying me an outfit to wear. I found a bolero hat and a lace scarf right away. Then lost interest. She is a shopper and she was getting so frustrated with me; so I pointed to a mannequin wearing a little black and white houndstooth mini skirt and jacket and said, "I'll take those!" I wish I had a photo of me in it. I loved that outfit. I will have to check with my sis and her bff that went with us. Maybe they took pictures...

Machka- Look for 3M command hooks to hang your photo display! I am POSITIVE you have those or the equivalent. They stick onto your walls and can hold a LOT of weight (it varies depending on the size hook you get) AND they come off the walls without removing paint! They are ingenious little inventions!

Love all the pics and pups. I have to go weigh myself. Almost forgot! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    I am up and dressed , doggie is walked and then off to walk the boys, then my brother will be here and we will get over to the court early..
    I will do my best at court against the big wig lawyers..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    I just saw a short bit by Suzy Orman on retirement. Her take on reverse mortgages is if you have to take one to make ends meet you can no longer afford a house and time to sell rather than get into a reverse mortgage. Allie I wish someone had given your dad that advice. Good luck to you today. Again remember you are not responsible for his debt.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    1147480t6phl13g44.gif