Serial Starters

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    AOTD: Get back in the swing of logging food and drinking more water.
    Also, trying to figure out how to fit in some walking at work. I used to walk during lunch. Now I never know when lunch will be or even what part of the state I might be! We have small gym at work but I have discovered after work, it is packed and all machines busy.

Spend most of weekend on the road with DH as he got called to pick up broken down Jeeps at offroad parks. I feel bad for one boy - he is leaving for college Thursday and his Jeep broke down Sunday. When they dug into it - it was catastrophic failure of the transmission. Poor kid.

Got my tests rescheduled for this week, but had to reschedule appointment with neurologist to go over results and couldn't get in until the end of the month. Am still irritated because she had said she wanted all this done quickly - and that was a month ago today!!

Dawn - <<hugs>> hang in there. some days are enough to make you cry. go ahead. get it out.

Lana - hope you are feeling better! i relaly like the idea of the index cards and thank you for sending Leandro! :)

Eryn - congrats on the WI!! <<applause>>

Sara - any luck with locating the sweater? if not, pick a nice pretty new one!

**waves to all who drop by!**
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    AOTD: Get back in the swing of logging food and drinking more water.
    Also, trying to figure out how to fit in some walking at work.
    one boy - he is leaving for college Thursday

Got my tests rescheduled for this week, but had to reschedule appointment with neurologist to go over results and couldn't get in until the end of the month.

Kathryn - walking just TEN minutes once or twice is as good as doing more, all together. Try it out.
    So sorry to hear that story of the young one with the trashed transmission. Curses.

Please keep us abreast of the testing.....

Hugs~~
    Lana

*sending the Foot Massage and Pillow Fluffing Team over to Kathryn~~~
  • LanaCabana537

Hey there Sara -

How is the air quality for you after hours today? Any improvement?
    Forgive me, as an East Coaster, for not being on top of the facts.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Lana - air quality is good enough for me to walk after dinner again- at least through the week. Dont worry about not knowing. If the air was pea soup, I would be posting or "kittening" about it.
  • LanaCabana537

My plan for this evening is to clean my shared craft room and create a space to do some exercises. I am in a lot of pain and I think it is lack of core strength training. I want to incorporate some yoga or pilates and some weight training.

Have an online meeting with the new company I will hopefully be joining this afternoon.

The sun just made an appearance for the first time since Friday. I already feel my mood improving!

Tracey

Tracey - First of all, good luck with the possibility of a new position!
    As for those core exercises - they may help a lot. Clear out that space and have a place to stretch out in the morning and in the evening. Think of it as relaxation time, if you need to.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Sweater found, dark sweater dark corner of my place. But a nice bright sweater may also be a nice boost.....
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    I have cleared a small space, will be asking for a small tv for My birthday and still need to clear some clutter out but for now I have a soft place to do some exercising. Just waiting for my iPad to charge to go test it out!lvwdbnqk3zve.jpeg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2018
    TUESDAY

Good morning.

Cafe has many good choices this week may have 2 this week.... today is black bean burger salad using one of my Sunday made black bean burgers.

Hearts are 48 total, saw a picture of the people in the zone of the fire who work for the company and counted more people than I had made hearts so I made 4 more last night. Director of that unit will be here tomorrow so I get to meet her as well.

Walking after dinner is on again and I will have to consider a new and longer route as I am getting a little bored, but luckily there are options.

Windows open and dog is fed. I am next with breakfast before dozing and dog walk. Trying to drink more water at work but as they want more out of us, my pink bottle of water gets overlooked. Need to change that.

Lurking from work. Boss was awol again - not too surprised but it is getting old.

Here is a fun idea - https://www.skinnytaste.com/bento-box-turkey-club-roll-ups/

Wave to all who follow.
  • 5lambert
    5lambert Posts: 19 Member
    Another pound down than goodness, so I will be going back to work this week 5 pounds less that I left for the summer :) It should have/could have been double that if I hadn't had a few vacation gain weeks.
  • LanaCabana537

Hello to Lambert~~

Tracey - your new workout area looks great. Good for you for having the energy to get it together!

Sara - I looked at the cute Skinny Taste bento box. What food is in the middle of it? I read the ingredients twice, but my brain is missing it. Puzzling. Aren't the heart-shaped cucumbers cute!?

I need something to cheer me up today. DH and I had an argument via text late last night. (I hate the modern age.) So relations between us are getting worse; the Other Woman is staying for the long term. I am indeed getting worn down and facing the ugly reality of it all; we will not be getting back together as I had hoped. What a darned shame. Now I have to face facts and try to deal with it. Where will I find the energy for this?
    All I can manage right now is to focus on healthy eating and getting my exercise and keep that number on the scale going in the desired direction.

You all know I want a dog. Even my therapist, who is not a dog person, says so. I would really love to have a golden retriever puppy for the fun of it all, but I also realize that it just might be better to adopt a fluffy furry adult creature of any breed--one that's kind of slow, like me.... :smile:

*tossing hat and bag onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

237.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member

Sara - I looked at the cute Skinny Taste bento box. What food is in the middle of it? I read the ingredients twice, but my brain is missing it. Puzzling. Aren't the heart-shaped cucumbers cute!?

Looks like raisins to me, Lana.

I have been ogling the actual lunch box rather than the food in it. I will be using this as a reward for myself to keep on track. The large one is $60, so when I am down 15 lbs I will treat myself to this lunchbox ($4 per lb.)

Today's weight 215.2
    December goal 195
    Ultimate goal 115

• Tilliesmommy1
    raisins -Tracy is correct.

Lana -find a dog that can do nyc if you are going to have 2 places to live, so maybe smaller dog? Or maybe like you said a middle aged dog that wont yank you around too much (shoulders/breast tissue).

at work, today this place gets a "F" many people out to insurance workshop - one person to help us with all our questions. so I am running away from compute to walk my break.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello - I was looking at discussion boards and your discussion group caught my eye. That is the definition of me. I am again starting. I have 49 weeks until my oldest daughter gets married. In July in Wisconsin. Will be outside so I need to look great in a cute summer dress. Of course, I am still working on eating well for my health and all that jazz, but right now the vain side of me wants to look so much better in all the pictures. So my question - can I jump into this conversation? You seem to have a great group of support!
    A bit about me - I just turned 50. I do office work. My exercise is a fairly brisk walk at lunch. Adding AM walks with my 6 month old chocolate lab.
    Goal - -30 lbs!
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Hello - I was looking at discussion boards and your discussion group caught my eye. That is the definition of me. I am again starting. I have 49 weeks until my oldest daughter gets married. In July in Wisconsin. Will be outside so I need to look great in a cute summer dress. Of course, I am still working on eating well for my health and all that jazz, but right now the vain side of me wants to look so much better in all the pictures. So my question - can I jump into this conversation? You seem to have a great group of support!
    A bit about me - I just turned 50. I do office work. My exercise is a fairly brisk walk at lunch. Adding AM walks with my 6 month old chocolate lab.
    Goal - -30 lbs!
    Lynn

OMG Lynn you have a 6 month old Chocolate Lab!!!??? By all means you are welcome here......You and Puppy come and sit right next to me by the pool...... 😁
    Congrats on your daughter getting married. You will be beautiful in time for the wedding!! I totally understand that sort of motivation.

Tracy and Sara - I do like that lunchbox too! Raisins, eh? Cool.

Time to get in the pool and get some calories burned. The gutter install people were supposed to be coming today, but it is now 1:30PM-ish. If I get into the pool that should guarantee that they show up.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    puppy pictures......
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Hey everyone,

I hope everyone's week is getting better as the week progresses!

You all know I want a dog. Even my therapist, who is not a dog person, says so. I would really love to have a golden retriever puppy for the fun of it all, but I also realize that it just might be better to adopt a fluffy furry adult creature of any breed--one that's kind of slow, like me.... :smile:

Lana~ I think having a dog would be great for you because even when you are having the crappiest day ever your dog will make you smile, brighten up your mood. My only advice take it or leave it, is to go to your local humane society or pet shelter ask them to view the pups and take the one that comes to you and gives you some loving first! I am a firm believer that the pup picks you not so much the other way around. That is how we got Mocha, he picked us & was actually supposed to be sold to another family but my cousin (who Mocha belongs to) said if she couldn't have this dog then she wasn't going to buy from one from him...6 years later, even though he is a poophead at time we love him so much. <3<3

Waves to all who follows & welcome to all newcomers.

~Saltine~ >:)

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Welcome Lynn - and Maggie! Not only are we Serial Starters, many of us are animal lovers. (Full disclosure- I have two cats but also fawn over dog pictures.)

No humidity in the Nation’s Capital at the moment although the forecast says that’s due to change tomorrow. Five days until our vacation in the mountains...

Tess, in DC
  • Tilliesmommy1
    0bj81matv7n6.png

Lana - sometimes we have to build our own nest.
    g8d2vgexx2yy.png

6a3faojdu41z.png

okay enough for one night, knitting awaits!