What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Last night, Budget Bytes recipe... Hearty Black Bean Quesadillas (but I used far less* cheese so I could eat more; this was bad bc without cheese, the tortillas (Tumaro's; 60 cal; Let's Skip the Sandwich Wraps from grocery store deli area) don't stay closed well). Still yummy! I have made these before with roasted sweet potatoes and chicken added, but ran out of time to cook this week :neutral:

Basically 1 can of black beans (or 15 oz cooked beans), garlic, onion, taco seasoning/DIY, added a little salsa, and 2 slices of fontina cheese (chopped). Recipe said 1/2c per small tortilla. Makes 10 servings (only 8 in my hands).

Roughly 90 cal* plus 60 for my wrap -> 150 cal each. A little lime juice makes it even better.

These freeze well.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Last night I made chicken "linguine" alfredo (aldi doesn't sell fettucini lol), a pan of roasted vegetables, and garlic bread. Tonight my husband is grilling hamburgers and brats.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    We just had sweet potato gnocchi in walnut oil and sage with sautéed mushrooms, and Maltese rabbit spaghetti sauce
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Pesto spaghetti squash with cauliflower.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited August 2018
    Dinner tonight had a little more thought, given the soft foods diet. Scalloped swede with bacon bits. I should have added more salt, only I think it's better to under salt it VS ruining the dish. Fried coconut dusted fish. Salad. I did let the mozzarella topping get crusted over to a nice golden brown. I didn't think it needed more salt btw.

5e71x4.jpg
    2r5eof4.jpg
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Seared sirloin steak and coucous with tomatoes, grilled squash and grilled shallots.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Chicken stir fry, yum!
  • 777Gemma888
    edited August 2018
    Made BBQ chicken wings for lunch. I did want to fry them ... Only, baking them was more convenient. Cream of chicken vegetable soup - made a roux then added the heavy cream + full milk ( to thin it out) and later the parmesan cheese which was then added to the drained, cooked in stock boil up veggies and chicken for that buttery creaminess. Low carb cheddar bay biscuits.

2z6bcxz.jpg
    zunv38.jpg
    2cqhche.jpg
  • FireVixen_Fayth
    FireVixen_Fayth Posts: 154 Member
    I made coconut curry stir fry mix but haven't ate it yet. I'm not hungry.
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Maple mustard salmon with shredded roasted Brussels sprouts!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    crock pot mac and cheese and grilled red hot dogs for lunch. Left over creamy baked spaghetti and garden salad for dinner.
  • freenowphoever
    freenowphoever Posts: 52 Member
    Made ginormous egg frittata cups - eggs, potatoes, fajita veg, italian seasoning, smoked paprika, s&p. Ate one in an English muffin with a slice of cheese. Four budget bytes recipes coming up as today is my cooking day.
  • 777Gemma888
    Made ginormous egg frittata cups - eggs, potatoes, fajita veg, italian seasoning, smoked paprika, s&p. Ate one in an English muffin with a slice of cheese. Four budget bytes recipes coming up as today is my cooking day.

That sounds so good right now. Soo many delicious meals posters
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Pulled pork fresh off the bbq, rice and peas. Nothing super fancy, but it was good.