Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,216Member Member Posts: 3,216Member Member
    k8eekins wrote: »
    acpgee wrote: »
    I made chicken larb, using breasts. My recipe from David Thompson's "thai food" recommends hand mincing the chicken instead of using the food processor. That was the only bit that required any work.
    I made larb gai using chicken breasts.

@acpgee Much appreciation and respect for your quality sharings throughout the board, which I've always enjoyed over the years. Larb gai thanks to you is a dish I'm going to try - (SE Asian meat tartare), for I do enjoy ceviche and other meat tartare variations, when I'm inclined.
    9 days after the fact but I just wanted to now that larb gai is not "SE Asian meat tartare". That is to say, it's cooked - with heat (as opposed to likening it to ceviche). It is wonderful and I eat it on a somewhat regular basis, but it's definitely cooked. It appears that some other types of larb are sometimes (but not always) eaten raw, but given that larb gai is made out of chicken...
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,216Member Member Posts: 3,216Member Member
    Dinner tonight was left over thai grilled chicken salad from this website. Super simple, very good and the mint was fresh from my garden (potted, because no one needs a field of mint).

Dinner tomorrow will probably be Burmese chicken curry and lunch will most likely be okonomiyaki.
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Posts: 9,006Member Member Posts: 9,006Member Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    I made chicken larb, using breasts. My recipe from David Thompson's "thai food" recommends hand mincing the chicken instead of using the food processor. That was the only bit that required any work.

@acpgee Much appreciation and respect for your quality sharings throughout the board, which I've always enjoyed over the years. Larb gai thanks to you is a dish I'm going to try - (SE Asian meat tartare), for I do enjoy ceviche and other meat tartare variations, when I'm inclined.
    9 days after the fact but I just wanted to now that larb gai is not "SE Asian meat tartare". That is to say, it's cooked - with heat (as opposed to likening it to ceviche). It is wonderful and I eat it on a somewhat regular basis, but it's definitely cooked. It appears that some other types of larb are sometimes (but not always) eaten raw, but given that larb gai is made out of chicken...

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1012588-thai-larb-gai-chicken-with-lime-chili-and-fresh-herbs

Looks delicious. Rather pleased it isn't raw. I just wouldn't be able to eat that. The smell of raw chicken alone is difficult enough.
  • k8eekinsk8eekins Posts: 2,183Member Member Posts: 2,183Member Member
    aokoye wrote: »

Appreciate your correction, for I too would commit to clarifying any mishaps of anything reflective of my native cuisine. I'd read through the ingredients (chicken or beef as the optional meat choices), quickly skimmed over the preparatory method missing that it is cooked, having confused it with koi soi ->> larb lu ... Both of which I've not sampled either, but am open to try.

edited August 2018
  • livingleanlivingcleanlivingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,767Member Member Posts: 11,767Member Member
    Just finished breakfast/lunch (at 3pm)....of zucchini protein pancakes, spread with hazelnut/choc spread and peanut butter. Mixed berries on the side.
  • ClaudiaDawn2ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 96Member, Premium Member Posts: 96Member, Premium Member
    Grilled chicken breast, lettuce salad, and baked sweet potato. Nothing exciting but it was healthy.
  • ClaudiaDawn2ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 96Member, Premium Member Posts: 96Member, Premium Member
    Today's dinner is grilled tuna, grilled vegetables, beet salad, and fresh fruit with balsamic.
    Dinner tonight ... BBQ pork loin and chicken wings. Used Sweet baby Ray's. Devilled eggs with avocado mayo + usual add ons. Spud mash. Garlic bread because I am not going to be able to eat it from tomorrow.

rs6a6q.jpg
    208w6z5.jpg
  • elsie6hickmanelsie6hickman Posts: 3,863Member Member Posts: 3,863Member Member
    Grilled chicken breast that I seasoned with Italian blend seasonings, and then topped with a TBSP of reduced fat Italian blend shredded cheese. Zuchini noodles with a Tbsp of Pesto, and 2 stuffed mushrooms that I brought prepared in Publix. I try to use a lot of different herbs and seasonings to up the flavor of things.
  • dolcezza25dolcezza25 Posts: 136Member Member Posts: 136Member Member
    yellow split pea soup and baked sourdough no knead bread.
  • ktekcktekc Posts: 874Member Member Posts: 874Member Member
    Crock pot salisbury steak, roasted cauliflower with a lovely McCormick veggie seasoning and sliced garden cucumbers my aunt dropped off this afternoon.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,390Member Member Posts: 7,390Member Member
    Lamb chops with fattoush salad and herbed couscous.
  • shaf238shaf238 Posts: 3,342Member Member Posts: 3,342Member Member
    Wasn't a meal but I made cinnamon and sugar pretzels last night. They were divine.
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Lamb chops with fattoush salad and herbed couscous.

Yum!!😋

I would add either baked feta with a touch of lavender infused honey or whipped feta with a drizzle of mint ... Heaven!
  • amgreenwellamgreenwell Posts: 1,268Member Member Posts: 1,268Member Member
    Pesto chicken with rotini, red lettuce, pepperoni, blue cheese salad
  • amusedmonkeyamusedmonkey Posts: 9,684Member Member Posts: 9,684Member Member
    "Cooked" is too big of a word. Thermos oatmeal.
  • Stockholm_AndyStockholm_Andy Posts: 625Member Member Posts: 625Member Member
    djcgni2ssq63.jpg

Lunch today, sounds so wrong but tastes so right

OMG I love Crumpets I bought at the English shop the other month and my (Swedish) daughter went mad for them. Just toasted and smeared in butter.

Seeing that I think I'm going to have to go and get some more. Mind you for the price I could probably fly over and get some myself :D
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,390Member Member Posts: 7,390Member Member
    Crispy skin seabream fillets on coucous and roasted broccoli salad with feta and olives.
  • amgreenwellamgreenwell Posts: 1,268Member Member Posts: 1,268Member Member
    Beef ragout with rosemary rotini