Just started Qsymia

Options
I just started on Qsymia this past Sunday (8/12/18). No results so far obviously. My insurance, thankfully, is covering. Have been battling weight issues since I was a kid. Tried all the fad diets and then some with success, but sadly gained it back. Recently was diagnosed with a thyroid condition, but my endocrinologist feels this may be the ticket to getting me on a positive track to weight loss along with the thyroid medication. Keeping my fingers crossed. :smile:

My last GP had me try Contrave, but the side effects were too extreme for me and I quit within a couple of weeks. So far Qsymia has been "good" to me. I'm remaining optimistic.

Will start walking more and am planning on working up to a jog. I see others in the neighborhood going out early and though I love my sleep, I need to do this so I will power through it somehow. LoL Looking forward to hearing / reading success stories of anyone on Qsymia.

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Just noticed the OP has left the building. Hopefully, this thread will help someone else in a similar situation.

You can lead a horse to water...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Just noticed the OP has left the building. Hopefully, this thread will help someone else in a similar situation.

I thought we were pretty gentle with her :ohwell:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

This was pretty tame. Maybe after she's thought about it for a few days...
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

She should read the Alli thread :smiley:

Nothing like a thread about an orange oil slick filling your gonch unexpectedly.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

She should read the Alli thread :smiley:

Nothing like a thread about an orange oil slick filling your gonch unexpectedly.

And that just proves you're from Alberta :)

"gonch n. underpants or panties; chones. Editorial Note: According to Katherine Barber of the Canadian Oxford Dictionary, as quoted in the Edmonton Journal in 2004, this word takes a variety of spellings: “In Saskatchewan, it's gauch, gitch or gotch, but in Alberta it's gaunch, ginch and gonch."

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Tacklewasher Mind which forum you're in :wink: