Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just started Qsymia

I just started on Qsymia this past Sunday (8/12/18). No results so far obviously. My insurance, thankfully, is covering. Have been battling weight issues since I was a kid. Tried all the fad diets and then some with success, but sadly gained it back. Recently was diagnosed with a thyroid condition, but my endocrinologist feels this may be the ticket to getting me on a positive track to weight loss along with the thyroid medication. Keeping my fingers crossed. :smile:

My last GP had me try Contrave, but the side effects were too extreme for me and I quit within a couple of weeks. So far Qsymia has been "good" to me. I'm remaining optimistic.

Will start walking more and am planning on working up to a jog. I see others in the neighborhood going out early and though I love my sleep, I need to do this so I will power through it somehow. LoL Looking forward to hearing / reading success stories of anyone on Qsymia.

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Just noticed the OP has left the building. Hopefully, this thread will help someone else in a similar situation.

You can lead a horse to water...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Just noticed the OP has left the building. Hopefully, this thread will help someone else in a similar situation.

I thought we were pretty gentle with her :ohwell:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

This was pretty tame. Maybe after she's thought about it for a few days...
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

She should read the Alli thread :smiley:

Nothing like a thread about an orange oil slick filling your gonch unexpectedly.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

She should read the Alli thread :smiley:

Nothing like a thread about an orange oil slick filling your gonch unexpectedly.

And that just proves you're from Alberta :)

"gonch n. underpants or panties; chones. Editorial Note: According to Katherine Barber of the Canadian Oxford Dictionary, as quoted in the Edmonton Journal in 2004, this word takes a variety of spellings: “In Saskatchewan, it's gauch, gitch or gotch, but in Alberta it's gaunch, ginch and gonch."

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Tacklewasher Mind which forum you're in :wink:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited August 2018

We were. But some people are all...

tcrbddk1tqln.jpg

...and really only post to hear what they want to hear.

The good news is that hopefully other people can make use of the info given.