Ancient Bone broth and the nutritional infi

Options

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    [quote="clsumrall1;c-42479899"I have never heard of this Mercola person But the information I shared was info given to me by a Bariatric physician who I have known for 30 years. [/quote]

Not a scholarly source but it leads you to information about Mercola.

https://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola.html
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a GI for your digestive issues?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    clsumrall1 wrote: »

Yes am still seeing them That was my original point because after 30 years with crohns and IBS and too many other issues I for the first time am getting relief. It’s making a huge difference. In getting a little quality of life for the first time.

That's incredible that you went 30 years of flare without having major surgery. I'm surprised that your dr let you go that long. Have you tried biologics? They are very effective in lots of people. I would be dead if I relied on diet alone. I've only been diagnosed for 3.5 years and I've already had a proctocolectomy (which has helped more than any diet or meds could).
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    That was not my understanding my point I so poorly made was all of the diseases share a lot of common threads.
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Lol. Well what caught my interest is the personal results I haveHad. I’m lucky here in NE Pennsylvania I have great access to dairy and farm which are all grass feed cow lamb pork. It’s so clean and quite different from grain fed. To make bone broth which has quite different profile than stock or regular broth. FYI. Must cook for about 3 days and requires apple cider vinegar that is organic and raw to do the proper treatment. I us marrow bones chicken feet and carcass as well as lamb and pork. FYI do your due diligence. please, and if you don’t like the discussion feel free to leave. But stop the hate ing

btw, broth is a vegetable product and stock has bones. so like chicken stock or beef stock. mmmm...shrimp stock.
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options

Yes am still seeing them That was my original point because after 30 years with crohns and IBS and too many other issues I for the first time am getting relief. It’s making a huge difference. In getting a little quality of life for the first time.

That's incredible that you went 30 years of flare without having major surgery. I'm surprised that your dr let you go that long. Have you tried biologics? They are very effective in lots of people. I would be dead if I relied on diet alone. I've only been diagnosed for 3.5 years and I've already had a proctocolectomy (which has helped more than any diet or meds could).
    I have had many surgeries That’s my point. I’m such a work horse and high threshold of pain but I finally became fully disabled because of this illness. Surgery after surgery. No gallbladder left and now liver disease because of the holistic approach I took-in the 80’s. And now I get gamma globulin infusions every 28 days I started on those in 1980 after a year had to stop and restart it in 2015.
This discussion has been closed.