Pet peeves

Replies

• Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    edited August 2018
    When people ask me if I’m a Leo (I’m not) because I have a lion tattoo. Like that’s the only thing a lion can represent 🙄
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    People who approach a red traffic light, slowly keep creeping towards the intersection, go over the stop line, then as soon as the light turns green they come to a complete stop and wait... wait for what I am not sure but when the light changes green THAT is when they come to a complete stop.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Bla, bla,bla... (angry nonesense)
    wow, just wow. You need help.
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    People who approach a red traffic light, slowly keep creeping towards the intersection, go over the stop line, then as soon as the light turns green they come to a complete stop and wait... wait for what I am not sure but when the light changes green THAT is when they come to a complete stop.

Plausibly to look both ways, to ensure that no 1's going to run the red light!
  • Melaninqueen954
    Melaninqueen954 Posts: 4 Member
    So many but for me living in Florida, very rude and fake unfriendly humans 🙄😂
  • Gaygirl2120
    edited August 2018

I live in FL! I’m the most genuine person you will ever meet. I’m not friendly, but at least I’m honest about it 🤷🏽‍♀️😂 I’m incapable of being fake lol
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    People who take a slurp of their soda before finishing their mouthful of food.
    @StopTheGroundhog
    I had to search for pet peeve. I recently had a blocked saliva gland, there wasn't enough saliva in my mouth to wet the food, I was taking smaller bites of food with sips of water just to wet the food as I chewed. I don't like doing this but it was necessary for the time. Maybe the person doing this had a blocked or removed saliva gland.

Oh FFS....AND? What is your point? This is a chit/chat group about pet peeves. Do I have to make *kitten* allowances for every *kitten* 0.0001% possible scenario. The POINT is to have a rant about something. Usually something silly. And then you go and post something like this. Why? Do you want to "open my eyes" to the suffering of people with blocked saliva glands? Maybe we could make some wristbands to show some solidarity with them? We could do a charity run to raise funds for "blocked saliva gland awareness week". I could make a vlog telling the world how I saw the error of my ways and now that I truly understand blocked saliva glands, I will never mock unsavoury table manners again and I can count myself as an acceptable and decent citizen of the world.

Or maybe not.

What forums consistently show me is that this whole world is full of *kitten* idiots.

But you know what - thank you @DoubleUbea! Seriously - thank you! I've been thinking for a while that I need to dump MFP as its forums TOTALLY SAP ME. You've made my decision really easy.

Cancelling my MFP will finally free me from them. My parting words to you all are this - spend LESS time on social media, with witless people. Spend MORE time with your friends, family, community and people you can look in the eye and connect with properly on a human level, with all your senses and who you actually enjoy spending time with and benefit from learning from and giving to. Think of the amount of time you dedicate to *kitten* like this and what you could ACTUALLY be putting your efforts into.

It sounds like somebody needs a hug.

Or a Snickers bar.
  • Gaygirl2120
    kace_kay wrote: »
    Jax2120 wrote: »

I live in FL! I’m the most genuine person you will ever meet. I’m not friendly, but at least I’m honest about it 🤷🏽‍♀️😂 I’m incapable of being fake lol

Hey, Florida ladies! Moved from Gainesville, FL to Cali last year. Florida definitely has a special kind of people. :joy: it's hard to not be an *kitten* when it's so hot and humid you got waterfalls under your clothes.

Seriously! I’ve lived in FL my entire life & it’s just getting hotter & hotter! I can’t stand to even be outside. It does put you in a crap mood sometimes because you feel so uncomfortable.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Movie theater talking and noise. People who sit at a red light with their right turn signal on and refuse to go until the light changes. Oh, and people who just loaf along in the fast lanes. The left lanes are for PASSING, people. They aren't just additional choices for a place to text from. C'mon.
  • EliseValerie01
    EliseValerie01 Posts: 32 Member
    When people waste my time. (That sounds rude, but my time is valuable, man. At least have the decency to be on time/follow a schedule/acknowledge that I need to be somewhere else)
    Bad grammar. (I'm a top notch grammar freak!)
    People who are good at everything. (especially if they're my friends! XD)
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    People that text way too fast and too much. Calm down. I'm not 15, it takes me a few minutes.
  • mflores1988
    mflores1988 Posts: 1 Member
    On a similar note, I can't stand it when people file their nails on public transport...you know, pull a file from their handbag and just set to work on the journey home. I'm like "I can see the filings of your dead fingernails floating like dust motes in front of me.

Just seems kind of rude to me, yet seems to be socially acceptable.

Omg!!! That is disgusting and soo rude
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Having to work for a living
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Having to work for a living

Your suga momma has arrived ;)
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    shaf238 wrote: »