Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    We get a letter, show up for selection process for a day and if we are chosen, go to the trial, if not go home and off the hook for another year or so.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have a coworker that I just can't make myself like and today I have reached the point of not even wanting to try to get along with her. There is no one that I work with who doesn't know that I have all of the food allergies (though not what they are) and celiac disease. So why did she just bring a cupcake to my desk then get offended that I gave it back?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have a coworker that I just can't make myself like and today I have reached the point of not even wanting to try to get along with her. There is no one that I work with who doesn't know that I have all of the food allergies (though not what they are) and celiac disease. So why did she just bring a cupcake to my desk then get offended that I gave it back?

(Her, not you)
    pi1cy7m2c0g8.gif
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

(Her, not you)
    pi1cy7m2c0g8.gif

Thanks, Tami. I am glad I didn't say something similar out loud.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

(Her, not you)
    pi1cy7m2c0g8.gif

Thanks, Tami. I am glad I didn't say something similar out loud.

Maybe if you said it all sweet, sounding like Dorothy... >:)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    It would come out more like, "Why are you trying to kill me? "
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Hopefully this isn't one of the people you're going to have to supervise?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    becky3695 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm going in for jury selection AGAIN today. Please pray that I'm not chosen. This has been a huge inconvenience to my whole summer. I'm over it.. 10 more days until my term is done.

I actually WANT to get called for Jury Duty. I am 41 and have NEVER been called!!!

Can I request federal jury duty and get sequestered????

I'm 41 also and had never been called for jury duty until this year. I had renew my license in June and I think that's what got me bumped up on the list. Anyway, my state does it differently than the way friends have said their states do, I had to check the jury website every night to see if I had to go in for selection or just check again the next night waiting for the next instruction. My term was July 17th-August 31st. So basically my whole summer I wasn't able to make any plans until 6pm the night before. Super lame.
    But anyway, today I avoided all 3 of the cases they were selecting for!! And even better, they said my term has officially ended because they have all the juries chosen!!

Yeah that is a huge PITA ...I have no idea why they would do that to people.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I wouldn't have wasted the rolos either

Confession: I hate Rolos.

I love caramel. The chocolate is incidental.

I love caramel. I love chocolate. Something about Rolos, though, is WRONG! I can't even identify it.

They're ok but they're a bit cheap and nasty tasting. If I'm going to use up calories on chocolate and caramel, I can think of better uses.

I'll still eat them of course. Refusing would involve willpower, something I don't currently have!

You must have different rolos on that side of the pond.....

No, you're just all used to nasty chocolate as standard on that side of the pond. CONTROVERSIAL!

Seriously, I found quite a lot of chocolate a bit gross when I was in the States. Don't know how it's different.

I am a bit intrigued by these giant rolos of yours though!

:o
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Don't hate me, m'kay?! But I ate all but 2 slices of a Red Baron Special Deluxe pizza last night, washed it down with a can of my true love, and then woke up to ab definition this morning. I love heavy lifting!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    We get a letter, show up for selection process for a day and if we are chosen, go to the trial, if not go home and off the hook for another year or so.

That's how I assumed it would be. And I wouldn't have been so annoyed by it. But to have yo put my whole summer on hold and just go day-to-day without knowing if I was able to do something the next day was a different story. I'm just glad it's over with!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Don't hate me, m'kay?! But I ate all but 2 slices of a Red Baron Special Deluxe pizza last night, washed it down with a can of my true love, and then woke up to ab definition this morning. I love heavy lifting!!!

Heavy lifting 4EVA! :p
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

No, thank God and all of the angels. Two of them are new people who haven't started yet and the other two I trained when they started.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

You must have been in need of a re-feed!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

You must have been in need of a re-feed!

Probably. I was at about a 700 calorie deficit the day before.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I got suckered in to a Gym Shark add on the side of this page. I am now sitting with 2 water bottles, a hoodie, and a pair of leggings in my cart. :hushed:
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

No, thank God and all of the angels. Two of them are new people who haven't started yet and the other two I trained when they started.

Is she the bathroom eater???
  • quiksylver296
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I got suckered in to a Gym Shark add on the side of this page. I am now sitting with 2 water bottles, a hoodie, and a pair of leggings in my cart. :hushed:

Gym Shark?!? What??? I feel like I'm missing out on something very important.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    vdi4e8eg1csh.jpeg

Office dog saying hello.... then retreating just as quickly

I just looked up gym shark, too. Love the leggings but I have trouble paying $50 a pair 😕
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »

Office dog saying hello.... then retreating just as quickly

I just looked up gym shark, too. Love the leggings but I have trouble paying $50 a pair 😕

You would hate Violate the Dress Code, then. :o

Cute pup!