Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Is there a version of the fluff which does not require ice?

use frozen fruit
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    alexmose wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Made protein fluff for the first time with:

30g protein whey
    Tons of ice
    Some water
    .5 cup unsweetened almond milk vanilla flavored
    2 tbsp chocolate Pb 2

I blended everything til creamy.
    Wow this was a lot I only ate half. So filling. Thank you!

great! and if you add 1/4-1/2 tsp. Xanthum gum (to thicken it up) and freeze it a few hours, you'll end up with more ice cream-like product.

Oops forgot to mention I did add a pinch of It!

Add half xanthan and half guar gums. Creamy texture when frozen and defrosts amazingly too.

I also do just that...it is amazing and I'm so addicted
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Made protein fluff for the first time with:

30g protein whey
    Tons of ice
    Some water
    .5 cup unsweetened almond milk vanilla flavored
    2 tbsp chocolate Pb 2

I blended everything til creamy.
    Wow this was a lot I only ate half. So filling. Thank you!

great! and if you add 1/4-1/2 tsp. Xanthum gum (to thicken it up) and freeze it a few hours, you'll end up with more ice cream-like product.

Oops forgot to mention I did add a pinch of It!

Add half xanthan and half guar gums. Creamy texture when frozen and defrosts amazingly too.

I also do just that...it is amazing and I'm so addicted

I use guar gum in my "milk shakes" to me adds a nice thickness that kinda simulates the creamy feeling of a real milk shake.
  • Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well since I am giving advice hahaha ........
    - dont line your pan with anything just grease it up
    - dont mix in anything wet or heavy into the mix as it will not rise (better to add your trimmings after)
    - dont be alarmed when your mix will deflate after cooling

Since you are giving advice :tongue: do you use a liquid measuring cup for the egg whites, or do you go by grams?
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    nefks071pjou.jpg
    I wanted to share my new breakfast craze. It's a little different take on an egg salad. I take half the pita bread (70cals), toast it and separate the two layers on two pieces. I mush up the egg, add scallions or onions, dependent on what i have/ want, or both, lol. Add chopped up lettuce, seasonings to taste and Greek yogurt. Mix together, pile up egg mix on each slice of pita, and enjoy. I find it very filling and awesome. There's only half of it on the plate because i ate the other one already. Also, any herbs that you like go there nicely too, dill, cilantro, parsley.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Anyone else enjoying unholy amounts of watermelon since it’s in season!?
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Yes! Can't get enough, lol
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options

Just a few pounds a day
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I am loving all the melons and esp. strawberries and grapes. yum
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

OMG - yes. My biggest problem is that there isn't room for much once I've done a shop for all the other fruits and veggies we need!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    6rbl6a71ngav.jpeg
    nfygdaebf6ga.jpeg

This is such a great time of year for fresh fruits & vegetables!

Holy crap that looks amazing. Be right there.....
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    wf6zlwwsf9t1.jpg
    oukuae16euei.jpg

this little fried chicken sandwich truly made me feel full.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    6rbl6a71ngav.jpeg
    nfygdaebf6ga.jpeg

Isnt it weird that the bowl of fruit is waaaaaaaaaay more calories than the actual salad spread? And many here dont track fruit yet go nuts about potatoes and bacon :)

Salad.....30 calories for the two slices chicken bacon, 100 for a nice amount of purple sweet potato... 245 calories for a giant plate of delicious food... 40 for a nice sized side of cucumber... lots of volume for 285 calories

Fruit 215 calories for a good sized plate of amazing fruit... tons of variety

Both equally satisfying in different ways. I track every bit of fruits and vegetables because they are the majority of what I eat.
  • Sallyw2004
    Options
    6rbl6a71ngav.jpeg
    nfygdaebf6ga.jpeg

Isnt it weird that the bowl of fruit is waaaaaaaaaay more calories than the actual salad spread? And many here dont track fruit yet go nuts about potatoes and bacon :)

Salad.....30 calories for the two slices chicken bacon, 100 for a nice amount of purple sweet potato... 245 calories for a giant plate of delicious food... 40 for a nice sized side of cucumber... lots of volume for 285 calories

Both equally satisfying in different ways. I track every bit of fruits and vegetables because they are the majority of what I eat.

Thats what I guessed but I thought that the bacon is real stuff.
    Also I did not mean that you dont track. Most people on here dont.

That chicken bacon tastes great and really crisps up. It’s definitely a great alternative to regular bacon. I’ve never found a turkey bacon that I like.

I want to try out your waffle recipe, but I don’t have coconut flour. I’m going to get some soon, but in the meantime can almond flour be used in the recipe, and if so, do the other ingredient amounts change?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    6rbl6a71ngav.jpeg
    nfygdaebf6ga.jpeg

That chicken bacon tastes great and really crisps up. It’s definitely a great alternative to regular bacon. I’ve never found a turkey bacon that I like.

I want to try out your waffle recipe, but I don’t have coconut flour. I’m going to get some soon, but in the meantime can almond flour be used in the recipe, and if so, do the other ingredient amounts change?

I use uncured turkey bacon. Crisp right up! Also tried shirataki noodles tonight. Actually very good for 40 cals for 8 oz.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    6rbl6a71ngav.jpeg
    nfygdaebf6ga.jpeg

🤩🤩👍👍yaaaassss!
  • Sallyw2004
    Options
    hovc9x5hmcpr.jpeg
    osmlcx64wb5o.jpeg

I don’t know what kind of sorcery is involved, but the taste and texture of this holds up to real bacon for me. It takes about 20-25 seconds in the microwave for two slices. I love bacon, especially the really good thick cut kind, so my standards are pretty high!
  • Sallyw2004
    Options
    6rbl6a71ngav.jpeg
    nfygdaebf6ga.jpeg

Which is the chicken bacon that you use?

Honestly, no idea. Never tried. Try it, what you gonna lose? A bit of flour and some egg whites?? ;)

I’m just picturing batter stuck all over my waffle iron and the sad mess if it doesn’t work, but I’ll have to be brave and try it soon.