What made you suddenly lose interest in someone you were pursuing?

Options

Replies

• Bermysolid
    Bermysolid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    He was too easy- not a challenge. What's the fun in that?
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    lavalsmith wrote: »

Sounds fun to me. I like easy. I suck at challenges. :laugh:
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Got completely sh*tfaced and acted like a complete *kitten* in public. No thank you.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Boba_14626 wrote: »
    Got completely sh*tfaced and acted like a complete *kitten* in public. No thank you.

Here's a reverse version of the topic!
    I once went on a first date with a girl who wasn't what she had advertised. . So, rather than call her out and go home mad, or lead her on unfairly, only to have to give her the "We're just not a match" later. . I just figured: Why be on my best behavior?. .I'll get sh*tfaced!. . I figured she would be turned off by my antics and never call me again! Problem solved!

That's not exactly how it ended up going down, though. .
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    lavalsmith wrote: »

I had a guy tell me this once. And I was happy to let him go because I realized that keeping him interested was going to be completely unsustainable if I had to act disinterested and play games all the time

Just print out a Sudoku every week for him. That should be all he needs since he doesn't sound smart if he wants games.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    amwbox wrote: »
    No. How about you explain what it is you're on about? Is there some part here you don't understand? I can walk you through it. You do understand that, for example, when you marry someone you are then exposed to their debts, their credit scores, their financial history? You do get that, right?

Or were you making some sort of assumption about the word "exposing"? Or something? Honestly...what the heck?

Dude, enough with the 1950's style man-splaining!

Oh, calm down. No need to get worked up. It's just the internet. The simple fact is you know it's correct, and no amount of childish trolling will change that. Also, you need to find out what mansplaining is, apparently. It's an actual thing. Not something you can apply to any situation or redefine to suit yourself.

See you tomorrow, I guess. :)
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Clingy, or they treat other people badly
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    No. How about you explain what it is you're on about? Is there some part here you don't understand? I can walk you through it. You do understand that, for example, when you marry someone you are then exposed to their debts, their credit scores, their financial history? You do get that, right?

Or were you making some sort of assumption about the word "exposing"? Or something? Honestly...what the heck?

Oh, calm down. No need to get worked up. It's just the internet. The simple fact is you know it's correct, and no amount of childish trolling will change that. Also, you need to find out what mansplaining is, apparently. It's an actual thing. Not something you can apply to any situation or redefine to suit yourself.

Can't wait.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i found out she was canadian
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Can't wait.

You gotta give me more to work with.
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options

You never did answer if you split the check on dates.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Turned out that she was batshit crazy!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Boba_14626 wrote: »

Here's a reverse version of the topic!
    I once went on a first date with a girl who wasn't what she had advertised. . So, rather than call her out and go home mad, or lead her on unfairly, only to have to give her the "We're just not a match" later. . I just figured: Why be on my best behavior?. .I'll get sh*tfaced!. . I figured she would be turned off by my antics and never call me again! Problem solved!

That's not exactly how it ended up going down, though. .

Do tell....
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I had moustache envy.

Surfs Up B)
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    I had moustache envy.

Surfs Up B)

Tigs!

There She is :):)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    saragd012 wrote: »
    Generally when I lost interest in someone it was because I realized that we weren't in the same place in life, and looking for opposite things. Especially when I felt they were moving way too fast for me, like telling me they were "falling for me" after knowing them for a single week. To me, that either meant they were incredibly ready for something serious (and I wasn't) or that they "fall in love" over and over again, either way wasn't going to go well for either of us so I'd end it.

I had one of these. The ink was barely dry on his divorce papers and he was looking for his next wife. I just wanted someone to go have dinner with until I decided if I even liked him.