The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    @joha5603 I wish I could have figured it out as soon as you did. I had a health issue when I was 60 before I figured out I had to quit or face the possibility of a stroke from extreme hypertension and sitting in the corner drooling 🤤 on myself
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Ke22yB wrote: »
    @joha5603 I wish I could have figured it out as soon as you did. I had a health issue when I was 60 before I figured out I had to quit or face the possibility of a stroke from extreme hypertension and sitting in the corner drooling 🤤 on myself

I made the switch when I was 26, but I managed to fit 60 years worth of stupidity into those short years :( .
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Welcome @veganlad and anyone else new I may have missed while I am on vacation! We are happy to have you and your voices here! Please feel free to give us tips and feedback. We are a non judgmental and supportive group, striving for AF living.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    I made delicious Chicken Marsala last night. It didn't even occur to me until I was well into it that Marsala is wine (duh). I went ahead with it. The Marsala cooks out--at least the alcohol does--so I enjoyed as usual. I'm thinking this is fine, but I believe my friend who is in AA avoids even foods where wine is used to deglaze the pan or whatever. I'm still considering myself AF even though I used Marsala in the process. I hope that's not a problem. I certainly didn't feel that it was. I mean, technically vanilla extract has a little alcohol in it, right?

I was counting my AF days from July 23, but then I realized I had a few sips of [others'] drinks at some point between then and Aug. 1, so now I'm "re-counting" from August 1 because I absolutely haven't had any alcohol since then. So today is Day 25, and I sure don't want to have to start over because of Chicken Marsala. I think maybe I'm being too Puritanical in my thinking, but I don't want to be naive.