The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• schoolnurse452018
    schoolnurse452018 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m new here. 45 yo mom of one and school nurse... hence the name.😋. I never had a “weight problem” until suddenly I’m 5’3” and 149lb. I’ve been active on and off and was considered a sporty kid through college. I’ve had some health issues in my life, but I’m feeling good now. I recently started back to work and I’ve been so dead tired. Ive decided to track my calories and finally get a clear picture as to why I’m gaining weight. I eat “healthy”, as I am a nutrition nut, but I think I eat too many “healthy foods”. I could use the camaraderie and inspiration! Thank you for having me!
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Soccer practice, 22808 steps 👊
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 547 Member
    Good morning peeps. Let's get the Tuesday going. Have a good one y'all!
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Happy Tuesday M'agers! Get that workout done, steps in, or whatever you do to make small gains in reaching your goal.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,863 Member
    Good morning and to Tuesday. let's make today count good luck have a good day
  • Ironlady70
    Ironlady70 Posts: 777 Member
    Cytoguy wrote: »
    Yep...I'm looking at 50 yrs. old real soon

Cytotechnology ???? Is that why the name??
  • aymanetman7
    aymanetman7 Posts: 1 Member
    hi have a good day all
    40 y :)
  • Aderlay
    Aderlay Posts: 59 Member
    Been working so much lately that my body feels more like Upper Agers group. =D Have a blessed Tuesday all, off to school I go.
  • dragonghost
    dragonghost Posts: 68 Member
    Good morning an happy Tuesday MFP i hope every one has a pleasant stress free day.
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Happy Tuesday. Treadmill run later today (I see no need to acclimate to running in a pot of hot soup) and Yoga tonight. Hoping to make this day the best day ever. Carpe diem.
  • crd262
    crd262 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, fellow mid-lifers! I'm a newbie here, looking for some folks who can relate to my fitness issues, maybe offer occasional advice and a kind word of support here and there, and sometimes commiserate (what in the heck happened to my metabolism???). Getting old sucks. Thoughts?
  • crymil1227
    crymil1227 Posts: 23 Member
    Good Morning all! We survived Monday! Today started well, got to the gym and body pump class and a 25 min walk as well! Today at work is our Annual Corn Roast day! (I live in Iowa we love our corn LOL) I love this day everyone is happy and enjoying corn on the cob as well as burgers and hot dogs. So I will do my best to stay on plan but i must have an ear of corn!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,540 Member
    Restart number 463. Started back on the 5 x 5 lifting program yesterday and cardio this morning. I will be 43 in little over a month and I really want to change and be the best middle aged man I can be. Life is hard...
  • tomrod129
    tomrod129 Posts: 4 Member
    38 and ready to crush it
  • 4StephD
    4StephD Posts: 5 Member
    Hello! I just turned 44. I have always been on the heavier side but I don't want to be anymore. The last few years I have felt horrible and know that I have to take control of my life. I lived my 20's and 30's for my daughter. She is grown now and the rest of my life is for me! I want to go out and enjoy all life has to offer me so I am starting this today. The more friends I make along the way will only make this journey better. Add me!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Treadmill run later today (I see no need to acclimate to running in a pot of hot soup) and Yoga tonight.

Hahaha, love that image!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    crymil1227 wrote: »
    Good Morning all! We survived Monday! Today started well, got to the gym and body pump class and a 25 min walk as well! Today at work is our Annual Corn Roast day! (I live in Iowa we love our corn LOL) I love this day everyone is happy and enjoying corn on the cob as well as burgers and hot dogs. So I will do my best to stay on plan but i must have an ear of corn!

Nothing beats Iowa corn on the cob! :D
  • Janine6140
    Janine6140 Posts: 6 Member
    'Fit by 51' is my goal. I tried 'Fit by 50' but it passed me by. I'm more motivated this time - MFP and MapMyRun are my new best friends 😁
  • Janine6140
    Janine6140 Posts: 6 Member
    Good Monday to all of you in "The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)" group

What are your fitness related goals this week?

I'm getting back to basics - 1) Tracking Daily and 2) Strength Training / Exercise 4 days this week (I got Day-1 yesterday).

A day late but here I am! My goal this week is to run/walk the equivalent of a marathon. My training plan is running 2 miles and doing body weight exercises every other day, then at least 5 mile dog walk on the other days to get my min of 10k steps. 'Fit by 51' is my long term goal, I tried 'Fit by 50' but it somehow passed me by. I've already lost 10lb in 40 days and body shape is changing for the better 😁