• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Duplicate post.
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Mentally, weight loss really can mess with you!

I was thinking today, that finally after losing a majority of my weight, I feel like this is how I'm "supposed" to look. Like, in a healthy form as to how my features should look, my body shape, etc. Not that I've reached my pinnacle of being or anything... Haha. But, I have always been bigger. I had no idea what I would look like slimmer. So now I just would like my brain to catch up to my current form, as I still kinda feel like an imposter. 😐

Also, everyone always says they are colder after weight loss. IT IS SO TRUE, I CAN NEVER GET WARM. Seriously, I take 2 showers a day so I can feel warm. Now maybe Snuggies aren't so ridiculous. 😂

Two showers! Showers tend to make me colder, not in them, but in the drying phase.

I have already decided I need to get some nice robes/housecoats/cardigans to wear around the house. And lounge pants (not shorts), and fluffy socks, or house shoes. All the lovely "snuggly" type of loungewear.

I thought it was hormonal (post kids) that I was suddenly hot all the time instead of being cold all the time like I used to be. No, I was just overweight. I'm cold again now.
    Haha yeah the drying off part is the worst! Our little shower gets like a sauna, thankfully. I find I can stand much hotter water, too. Lotion is my friend!

Definitely get comfy loungewear. I live in fuzzy socks at home, the ones that have the grippy dots on the bottom.

Funny how our bodies like to mess with us. We think we understand ourselves, but really we don't. Haha!
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Confidence booster is under rated. It really was awesome.

Health booster is obvious, but people don't understand how bad for your body it can be.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    How emotional the process is.

I've been near tears of joy for two days because of the progress I'm making.

A few months ago, I was upset because of the way people were behaving over my weight loss.

A couple years ago, it was frustration because it seemed like nothing was happening, but I was determined to not quit.

Oh I agree completely! It's been an emotional roller coaster for me too. But well worth it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!