What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    that while you can feel your hip bone - yay bones.....the way it feels when you move your fingers across them and the fat kinda of goes from one side of the bone to the other feels so wrong!
    and the fat areas feel more lumpy? is that normal? am fighting the paranoia at the moment

Sadly, it seems normal.

I've been feeling lumpy for a food couple of months. I have been told that it will go away...
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    that while you can feel your hip bone - yay bones.....the way it feels when you move your fingers across them and the fat kinda of goes from one side of the bone to the other feels so wrong!
    and the fat areas feel more lumpy? is that normal? am fighting the paranoia at the moment

Sadly, it seems normal.

I've been feeling lumpy for a food couple of months. I have been told that it will go away...

good good.
    the helpful comments I get from mum and gf are, 'stopping feeling it then!' :|

LMAO as if it's that easy to just 'stop feeling it'. The brain's such a twisted thing that I ended up checking on a regular basis if it's still lumpy or not... I've gotten better about not doing it at work, but still... it's there and I know it :tongue:

exactly
    then it hurts or feels weirder cos you've been poking it for an hour! lol brain fail!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Misssynth wrote: »
    You might find stretch marks in places you didn't even realise were fat. I just found some on the back of my knees while shaving my legs. How did I have fat knees?! And I only found them because I can now bend that way without my fat getting in the way

I just found some there last night as well and was deeply confused on how on earth I ended up with them!

• jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Misssynth wrote: »
    You might find stretch marks in places you didn't even realise were fat. I just found some on the back of my knees while shaving my legs. How did I have fat knees?! And I only found them because I can now bend that way without my fat getting in the way

I just found some there last night as well and was deeply confused on how on earth I ended up with them!

• Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    NEOHgirl wrote: »
    As someone who use to work retail, and had to handle the damp money that came out of the "boob wallets", please just don't. I don't care if your phone or id or whatever, but cash shouldn't ever be passed on sweaty.

Oh, and the latest - no one really tells you that while your body looks healthier, your face might look a bit older, because it's not as filled out anymore.

The first...oh, yes....

As to maybe looking older: from what I've seen almost everybody looks younger after losing the weight.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    giengarcia wrote: »
    - that feeling you get when you see your collar bones
    - that amazing feeling you get when you finally fit into the shorts you've bought when you started your lifestyle change and it's a little loose.
    - when you compare progress pics and you see how far you've came! who is with me ladies!???

I've lost about 50 lbs using myfitnesspal.

-highfive-
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

Sadly, it seems normal.

It does! Wow, reading this reminded me that when I lost a lot of weight initially I had these small lumps, like alien eggs (lol) all over my stomach. I just checked now and they're all gone! I hadn't even noticed

They're on my rear end and arms... oddly enough my stomach has (for now) been spared :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!