Lean By Labor Day Challenge (*CLOSED GROUP*)

Options

Replies

• rpearce519
    Options
    Happy Tuesday:)

Monday Points!

Food - 1
    Sleep - 1
    Water - 1
    Exercise - 3.5

Total - 6.5
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    here are my points for last week:

Monday
    Food-1
    Water-1
    Exercise 1.5
    Sleep-1
    Total= 4.5

Tuesday
    Food-1
    Water-1
    Exercise 1
    Sleep-1
    Total= 4

Wednesday
    Food-1
    Water-1
    Exercise 0
    Sleep-1
    Total= 3

Thursday
    Food-1
    Water-1
    Exercise 2
    Sleep-1
    Total= 5

Friday
    Food-1
    Water-1
    Exercise 0
    Sleep-1
    Total= 4

Saturday
    Food-1
    Water-0
    Exercise 2.5
    Sleep-1
    Total= 4.5

Sunday's Points
    Food-1
    Water-1
    Exercise 4
    Sleep-1
    Total= 7

Total for week four=32
    Total for week three=32
    Total for week two= 35.5
    Total for week one=40.5

Grand Total to date=140
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    mondays points:

exercise 2.5
    sleep 1
    water 1
    log 1

total 5.5:flowerforyou:
  • grover0ca
    Options
    Had a great trip! It's a long drive through the state of Ohio to get there, and I got very little sleep (I will be collapsing soon). Only scrapbooked 4 pages in all of the time we were there, but I haven't created anything since May so I was happy with that! lol

I am a scrapbooker toooooo :)
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Vanessa, did you find that you didn't scrap as much when you are working out more? I am just tooooo tired to hit the table by the time the kids go to bed and sometimes I'd rather just run! lol

The no exercise is getting to me. I'm thinking that taking the kids for a bike ride tomorrow is a good idea. My legs are feeling tons (and I mean TONS) better without all the jumping.

Tuesday points:
    Log: 1
    Exercise: 0
    Water: 1
    Sleep: 1
    Total: 3

Total points week 1: 34
    Total points week 2: 47
    Total points week 3: 43
    Total points week 4: 31
    Total points week 5: 5
    Total points overall: 160
  • grover0ca
    Options
    Vanessa, did you find that you didn't scrap as much when you are working out more? I am just tooooo tired to hit the table by the time the kids go to bed and sometimes I'd rather just run! lol

Totally saw a decrease in what I do. I just don't have the time since I really started to focus on exercise and being healthy. Makes me a wee bit sad but there are only so many hours in the day and I am the type that I can't just sit and do it for a few minutes..if I end up working on a page or two I will be MIA for at least a couple of hours. Anyways--check out my blog www.grooveygrover.blogspot.com as I post some of my pages there!
  • meli_medina
    Options
    I have one too at http://missmelissaw.blogspot.com - you can tell that I haven't scrapped for a while... and it stopped right around when we started watching our diets and stuff! lol

I'll get my 4 pages posted tomorrow, hopefully. I am still recovering from my trip! lol. I haven't even finished unpacking my stash!
  • grover0ca
    Options
    will check it out :)
  • grover0ca
    Options
    Here are my answer's for this week :)

1. List 3 Reasons Why you want to lose weight/get more active

–My health is most important. As I get older I realize how important it is to lead a healthy lifestyle. I think alot of medical issues can be prevented by taking good care of yourself.

-So that I feel good about myself and how I look. I spent to many years feeling yucky.

-I love Taekwondo and in order to do well I need to be fit. Losing weight and increasing my strength/cardio etc will only benefit me.

2. List 3 habits you are developing to achieve your weight loss/activity goals

-I am still working on eating healthy. This is the biggest challenge for me. That being said-I am not unrealistic and I still eat what I want but I shoot for moderation, doesn’t always work but it is always a goal for me. I am not ready to eat clean & have accepted that. My diet however has improved drastically over the past year now that i know how to count calories..yeah MFP!!

-Maintaining my motivation. I can really use some tips here. I have been at this for well over a year and I am finding now that things have slowed down it is difficult to be as enthusiastic. I find having a challenge like this one is something that helps and gives me a bit of focus each day. But what else can I do?

-Trying not to worry so much about the scale and more about how I feel when I exercise (awesome), measurements, muscle tone etc. As I get closer to my goal weight it is going to important that I have other things besides that number on the scale to keep me on track. This is tough for me as I really like to weigh in, I spend alot of time focusing on the number!

3. What are 3 things you would like to do once you hit your goal weight / fitness level?

-Get my wedding rings re-sized. I don’t want to have to do it more than once!

-Get a new 2 piece bathing suit (bikini-not tankini!) and wear it with confidence!

-Treat myself to new taekwondo gear or workout clothes.

4. What mini-goal would you like to see for yourself at the end of 3 weeks??

-To be down 2 pounds. I have to make it happen.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I have soooo many scrapbooking supplies, but I have replaced that time with exercise. I have to go back to it and use my stuff!
    I understand your feelings!
  • cklbrown
    Options
    Monday: 90 minute jog (9 miles) and 16 minutes weights, 8 points
    I'll answer my questions when I can log in from a computer, not my phone
    Tuesday: 70 minute jog (7 miles), 30 weights, 40 calisthenics, 10 points
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Monday's points 7
    Tuesday's points 6.5
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ugh I don't know what has happened to me. I have become overcome with severe fatigue. I am trying to figure out what is going on. I started taking a multivitamin (I think I may not be getting enough iron) Next will be to have some blood work done. I am trying really hard to stay on track here. I did not gain, but I did not loose either :( I really hope I start to feel better soon. Sorry for my lack of participation latley.

Amy if you could please tell me what info you need from me, I would like to try my best to catch up.

1. I am tired of being "the fat girl"
    2. I want to be at a healthy weight for once in my life
    3. I want to prevent as many health problems I possibly can

1. Healthy eating
    2. trying to keep myself motivated
    3. Drinking more water/less soda

3. What are 3 things you would like to do once you hit your goal weight / fitness level?
    1. BUY NEW CLOTHES!!!
    2. Get our professional photos retaken (My bf and I had our photos done, and I received them back, balled for days, that was the determining factor that I WAS going to loose weight)
    3.Help others with their weight loss journeys.

4. What mini-goal would you like to see for yourself at the end of 3 weeks??

Ugh, I don't like this question, It seems as when I just loose weight at whatever pace it comes off a lot better, when I set a mini goal it makes it more difficult for some reason, but I'll give it a crack. 3 weeks........ I would like to have lost 10 more pounds (we'll go with that one :)

Wed points
    sleep 1
    water 1
    exercise 4.5
    diary 1
  • meli_medina
    Options
    I have soooo many scrapbooking supplies, but I have replaced that time with exercise. I have to go back to it and use my stuff!
    I understand your feelings!

My husband calls me an all or nothing gal. So when I dedicate myself to something, I give ALL of everything I have, which is why my Pampered Chef business is suffering and why I haven't scrapbooked. Because I have a goal in my head and I will give 100% until I reach it. So he fully expected to not see the scrapbook supplies come out until I hit 150 pounds. But I still went on my little retreat/vacation and that surprised him! lol
  • meli_medina
    Options
    Ashley, I hope you feel better!

I saw an article yesterday that talked about an excess of iron causing the same symptoms as being anemic and that standard hemoglobin tests don't show true iron levels in that case. Also, I know exactly how you feel about feeling fatigued. That is the story of my life! I tend to change my diet so that it's like 50/25/25 with protein being the highest number when I'm super tired and it helps.

Take care of yourself! :)
  • rpearce519
    Options
    Tuesday's Points:

Food - 1
    Sleep - 1
    Water - 1
    Exercise - 3

Total - 5
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    tuesday points:

exercise 4.5
    sleep 1
    water 1
    log 1

total 7.5:flowerforyou:
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Weight 189.4 #

1. I want to be healthy/less aches/pains.
    2. I want to be able to go into a store with confidence & buy clothes that are not in the plus, or xL sizes.
    3.Prevent as many health problems as I possibly can.

1. Healthy eating/portion control.
    2. Daily exercise
    3. Drinking at least 8 cups of water a day.

1.Stare at myself in the mirror(don't like looking in the mirror, don't want to pass by a mirror now-but I'm getting better)
    2.Go to a club with my friends & dance,(without thinking people are staring at me)
    3.Buy nice fitting clothes.

4.What mini-goal would you like to see for yourself at the end of 3 weeks??

Would like to have lost at least 6 more lbs.
  • meli_medina
    Options
    Did a really GREAT yoga workout today (surprisingly JM's Yoga Meltdown) and felt AWESOME. I said I was going to take a week off, but I was really starting to get depressed by the lack of activity. Went for something low impact and, while this was, it was fairly difficult (lots of strength required to hold the poses) but it didn't kill me. Loved it! Recommended if anyone was thinking about it. :)

Wednesday Points:
    Log: 1
    Water: 1
    Exercise: 3
    Sleep: 1
    Total: 6

Total points week 1: 34
    Total points week 2: 47
    Total points week 3: 43
    Total points week 4: 31
    Total points week 5: 11
    Total points overall: 166
  • cklbrown
    Options
    Monday: 90 minute jog (9 miles) and 16 minutes weights, 8 points
    I'll answer my questions when I can log in from a computer, not my phone
    Tuesday: 70 minute jog (7 miles), 30 weights, 40 calisthenics, 10 points
    Wednesday: 60 minute jog (6 miles), 40 minutes weights, 50 minutes calisthenics, 10.5 points