The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Slowly returning to a low stress training routine. Open water swim last night was beautiful. Hoping the water will stay warm for awhile. Easy treadmill run at the gym this morning. Thinking about sneaking in a sprint tri and a half marathon this fall since I'm not quite ready to call it quits for the season. :)
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Happy middle of the week M'Agers! Tonight the kiddos have cross country practice so I get to run on the track while they practice. It's so much nicer to my knees than the road. Hoping the weather holds. Been a rainy few days here in the deep south.
  • crd262
    crd262 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Give me strength!! Office potluck today... I skipped breakfast to give myself some calorie flexibility, but this is going to be tough for me. I saw cookies headed into the break room, and sugar is my biggest weakness.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Janine6140 wrote: »
    Good Monday to all of you in "The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)" group

What are your fitness related goals this week?

I'm getting back to basics - 1) Tracking Daily and 2) Strength Training / Exercise 4 days this week (I got Day-1 yesterday).

A day late but here I am! My goal this week is to run/walk the equivalent of a marathon. My training plan is running 2 miles and doing body weight exercises every other day, then at least 5 mile dog walk on the other days to get my min of 10k steps. 'Fit by 51' is my long term goal, I tried 'Fit by 50' but it somehow passed me by. I've already lost 10lb in 40 days and body shape is changing for the better 😁

@Janine6140 Very detailed and well thought out plan / set of goals for the week. Nice results as well losing 10 lb in 40 days.
  • runnergirl089
    runnergirl089 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    crd262 wrote: »
    Give me strength!! Office potluck today... I skipped breakfast to give myself some calorie flexibility, but this is going to be tough for me. I saw cookies headed into the break room, and sugar is my biggest weakness.

Stay strong! You got this!!
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    10 minute warm up jog, 20 min high tempo, 10 minute cool down, I'm pretty sure it was 90 degree this morning, high expected of 103
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Lifted this morning, going great but as my calories get lower so do my gains :neutral:
  • runnergirl089
    runnergirl089 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    dely217 wrote: »
    10 minute warm up jog, 20 min high tempo, 10 minute cool down, I'm pretty sure it was 90 degree this morning, high expected of 103

I would much rather run in 20 degree weather than 90!
  • crd262
    crd262 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    crd262 wrote: »

Stay strong! You got this!!

Thank you! It went better than it could have.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday my middle ages friends. Picked some apples, got a bushel of tomatoes and tonight I have a date to skate. Yay what a fun day
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    And they closed all the soccer fields and canceled outside activities due to heat index...the heat isn't the problem it's the humidity...
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    dely217 wrote: »
    And they closed all the soccer fields and canceled outside activities due to heat index...the heat isn't the problem it's the humidity...

It's humid here too. We walked at the apple orchard and my son kept saying it would be more fun if there was a breeze.
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Heat index just north of Boston is 97°. Drove home and didn’t see a single person walking around my little town.
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Humidity sucks.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, 3.30am at work with next to nothing going on so I am pacing the office, not much else I can do but the step challenges keep getting hit which is the main thing.
    Hope you all had a great weekend as I know I did and still managed, just about, to stay on target which was a great relief.
    o:)o:)o:)o:)o:)

Ouch!! Why at work at 3:30am??
  • bmaldo11
    bmaldo11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A place for us middle agers to become friends and share fitness advice. Feel free to add me!

I am middle aged too. I want to loose 30 pounds. I left my fitness pal for almost 2 years
  • vnylin
    vnylin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi. 57 here. Retired Navy, caught myself way overweight and bad cholesterol. I've lost 45 lbs so far, lean eating and exercise, looking to lose at least another 10. I'm glad I found the board, this is a great site and app.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    33 👋🏻👋🏻 Feeling pretty good, just need to stay motivated in keeping with routine of exercise and healthy cooking. I’ve found myself cycle backwards in bad habits, when traumatic events take place.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    Humidity sucks.

It does.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps. 👋