Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Arrogance
    Stereotypical
    Prejudice
    Uses racial slurs
    Lacks sense of humor
    Turns too many conversations into debates

Shorter than me (that’s just a preference since I’m 5’5)

• lililomo
    lililomo Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    if a man had all the qualities you liked, but he was shorter than you - you'd turn him down?
    i dated men shorter than me, but i'll admit my husband is 6'3" :D
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Sounds like most women 😂
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    lililomo wrote: »
    if a man had all the qualities you liked, but he was shorter than you - you'd turn him down?

Yes I would turn him down. I am 5 feet. I dont want to date a midget. My kids have to have a chance in life. I only date men 6 feet and taller.

I am also 5 ft. (+ 1/2 inch!) -- so probably 99% of the male population is taller than me, so I'm not as particular as some re: height. You're five ft. and will only date men 6 ft. and taller? That's sure dismissing a whole bunch of men who could have wonderful qualities . . . just sayin'!

I know. But, my preferences are no different than men who will only date blondes, big busted, or skinny women.

Good point.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", if I hadn't been willing to date shorter than me my options would have been greatly reduced. There aren't really that many guys willing to date a taller woman though. IME a lot of men who are less than 6' like to say they're an inch or two taller than they really are and it's difficult to keep up the pretence of being 5'11" when we're eye to eye.

SO is 6'9" however. And wishes I was a bit taller.
  • CttyMoar
    CttyMoar Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like to think I am ridiculously funny, but I have a fairly dry and sarcastic sense of humor. If someone doesn't get my jokes, I am instantly turned off. That could just mean I need to work on my material. 😅
  • CttyMoar
    Options
    CttyMoar wrote: »
    I like to think I am ridiculously funny, but I have a fairly dry and sarcastic sense of humor. If someone doesn't get my jokes, I am instantly turned off. That could just mean I need to work on my material. 😅

I dont get it

That makes two of us, my friend.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I seriously don’t get the height thing. Some of the funniest cool men I know are short.

Kind eyes and smile
    How you hold yourself at public functions
    How you know how to make me feel safe when I don’t
    And a nice *kitten* don’t hurt
  • CttyMoar
    Options
    CttyMoar wrote: »

Oh we could totally be besties.

Can’t give you my heart though.

I'll take what I can get!
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Does height really matter, just curious I’m 5’8, but I feel I might be missing out on some potential matches.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    2Racks wrote: »
    Does height really matter, just curious I’m 5’8, but I feel I might be missing out on some potential matches.

Nope! Apparently we are perfect couple height. Who else would you ever need? :tongue:
  • beachgal0626
    Options

In my opinion, height does not matter -- but some folks are very specific and particular about this. And yes, they could be missing out on meeting some spectacular people!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

It matters to some women (I presume you mean in this context) but not to others.

If we are talking in general I would say women prefer to date men who are taller than them. It's not particularly rational but then attraction is about dem feelz rather than logic.
  • beachgal0626
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    lililomo wrote: »

Yes I would turn him down. I am 5 feet. I dont want to date a midget. My kids have to have a chance in life. I only date men 6 feet and taller.

I am 5'10".....there are a million reasons a woman wont date me.....height has rarely if ever been the issue.

Surely, that can't be true! ;)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've ever been attracted to a really short (like 5ft or under for example) man but at the same time if I see things in a person I like, I wouldn't go oh, good looking, smart, funny, carry crap only 5'8 nope, pass!

I think you're attracted to what you're attracted to initionally, but if you're even attracted I wouldn't then go oh he's cute, but short. Pass.

Plus I think things about people, when you get to know them, you find more attractive.