NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    Teresaw1020. iPad: you’ve accomplish step 1 which is most important. Next two steps are less time consuming. Step 2. Turn on iPad. Step 3 Click YouTube app 😂 I’m reading a book on Self- Sabotage. It says write down things you want to do but somehow just aren’t doing them. I want to use IPad to lift weights because ...... then write I can’t use Ipad to lift weights because..... lastly. I don’t want to use IPad because......
    See what answers come up.
    The King and I sounds fun.

I did 68 min of exercise with strength training walking and stretching. Stayed OP
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Hey everyone, my younger daughter, Amara thanks you all for the birthday wishes, very kind of you all...
    @the slightedgeforever what a nice line my inner being has to get used to my outer self, that is so true isn’t it, but I think that’s gonna take sometime for me..also I wanted to say that Indian food can be very mild as well, yes we have a very high tolerance for chillie but our regular everyday food is not extremely spicy, we use a variety of spices but we love simple food, especially homemade food. The older generation frown upon eating out, we do eat out but 99 percent of the time we cook at home. Also naan bread is very high in calories because it’s made from all purpose flour, and that’s a big no-no for Indians trying to lose weight. We generally eat whole wheat roti which is not as bad as naan bread. I had given up roti too which is a staple bread for us with every meal cos it’s laden with carbs. Sorry, I didnt mean to give you lesson in Indian food...
    @trooworld hope the koftas turned out great, even I can’t keep up with a good dental routine and end up spending loads of money on check ups and cleanups, need to take better care of my teeth for sure

@allisonlane161 yes my kids are my everything, and I hope I do a good job raising them, kids don’t make it easy for sure, but yeah they are a blessing and I hope to have a close bond with them when they grow up, right now all I can think of is their birthday party tomorrow, I want it over and done with

Anyways I don’t think I will be able to check In tomorrow so see you guys later, have a good weekend everyone
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,861 Member
    @TeresaW1020 They must really like you and trust you to give you so many tasks. Good luck with all of those! It sounds like you have great weekend plans...enjoy!

@theslightedgeforever Oh I forgot about that, you had mentioned that before.

@krupalip Amara is a beautiful name! Thanks for the info on Indian food. I'm always interested to learn about other culture's food (or anything, really!). Guess what happened with the koftas? NOTHING! :( We got home too late to make them, so my husband used the ground meat to make burgers instead. I think I will try to make them on a weekend some Saturday, not during the week. I was so disappointed, as I really wanted to try them. grrrrr Yes, I hope you are inspired by my pain to take better care of your teeth because that was a painful cleaning! I spend a ton on my teeth too, I should have learned this lesson by now but I have a hard head I guess. lol

Hi all. My weekend is going to be pretty busy, I'm going to dinner with two colleagues tomorrow night to celebrate our birthdays, then on Sunday late in the day my husband and I are going for drinks with one of my best friends and her boyfriend. It should be a fun weekend. I hope yours is great too. I'm glad it is Friday!
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    edited September 2018
    TeresaW1020 Your pastor's "retreat" sounds wonderful--alone in Alaska! Enjoy The King and I--that one is even before my time.

Theslightedgeforever I'm not sure why the gait changed, but the tech did say it could be from weight loss. Apparently I'm totally straight until the "last possible moment" I pronate at the toes...still neutral though. I think maybe the structure and hips change a bit as far as running, which could account for that. As far as being your "future self," it is really weird seeing myself as older than most people in the MFP community and in my real world fitness community. I'm used to being among the oldest in the gym (for women, men seem to have many older people), but I'm standing in Starbucks the other day (don't like their coffee but love that pink drink once in a while) and I'm looking around and it suddenly hit me, "I'M THE OLDEST HERE TOO"--it was a bit shocking. I mean I'm only 56 and it makes me wonder where my tribe is? It seems most people are now chronologically younger than I.

Well, only Yoga last night. Tonight is a light run and another Yoga session (I'm nearly daily with the Yoga). Have a friend I haven't seen in a few years staying with us Saturday night so I'm looking forward to that. And a crab cookout tomorrow with my cousin's huge family, and looking forward to that. But face it, even bad weekends (which this isn't) are better than the best weekday.

Carpe diem.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning to all: I got off track yesterday and back on today. I still feel little like things are not in place, but I totally feel the me coming back that I used to be about 5 years ago.

@allisonlane161 I am older than most as well on the birthdate, but I really don't feel old inwardly. I am 60 and feel you should always be healthy inward and outward. My arms have not been worked out in a long time and they show, but you know some of the muscle definition is still there. I can't afford the gym right now, but know someday I will get my "gym" back in my home. I always loved working out at home and have always had some equipment here. However, life changed and had to get rid of most of it.

@theslightedgeforever Congrats on your workout...you are getting your sync back.

@krupalip I love your daughters name..how beautiful. I love hearing how others cook, I am just don't have the time or family that would allow experiments..LOL (in other types of food) They love spicy, I don't. So sometimes I just eat PB..

@trooworld Sounds like your week was crazy, but you are going to take Sunday and get it all put back in place...great job on always looking forward and not letting the behind sneak up on you.

@TeresaW1020 I think we might have the same leader...LOL I came away from staff with some new things on my plate..However, I enjoy every minute of my work in the church. This Saturday I am going to a children's ministry conference with my other director, I am so looking foward to it. I hope I learn something...sometimes I walk away and say....I could have taught that class..LOL Enjoy your outings..I don't really like musicals...funny cause I love to sing..LOL

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Krupalip. It’s always nice to learn about food in other cultures. Have fun at the bday party

Trooworld Do you have a plan in place for the weekend and your outings? I’m glad you mentioned the koftas. Reminded me I need to take out the meat from the freezer. I’ll let you know how they turn out.

Allisonlane161. When I said my future self I meant it in terms of progress versus age. I’m 54. Young in spirit though. We’re not the oldest one on the team though. 😜. I did yoga today too plus some walking. I hear you on the weekends

Cbabie. Yaaay on finding the old you I say cook for yourself and let the others eat PB or learn to cook. That’s what I tell my son. Just the other day I had made a rice casserole with sliced eggplant and sweet potatoes. He looked at it and said mom is this one of your experiments? I said healthy food. If you don’t like it Pinterest has a lot of recipes to choose from. Go cook one of those. He ate PB toast.

Well off to read my bookclub book. It’s on Thursday and I’m not done with it yet. The language is too flowery and descriptive. But I suppose that’s the intent so........
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Well I have had little sleep, but looking forward to a new day.

@theslightedgeforever ...yes but I think I am the youngest in spirit..LOL or maybe that's my mind...(2 year old)

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning ladies! :)

@trooworld, your weekend sounds fun! :)

@cbabie, I hope you have a wonderful time at your conference and get a lot out of it! It's my turn to teach children's church tomorrow so my day will be filled with lots of preparation. Our children's director sets a very high bar and will not except anything other than the best for them. They get a real church service, including the same topic that their parents are hearing. We just gear it to their level of understanding. :)

@theslightedgeforever, have fun at your book club. Even though it doesn't sound like this book is your cup of tea. ;)

Well, I came home from work yesterday complaining that my left knee had been hurting all day. My husband ("the doctor" :D ) examined my knee and found a large swollen area on the right side of my knee cap. He Googled and determined that I have what is called "Runners Knee". I was then ordered to take Ibuprofen, ice my knee and NOT walk on my treadmill....or do any of my running in place to get extra steps (which I had to confess that I do). :/ I'm bummed because I really feel like I had been on a roll of upping my fitness like never before and I really don't want a setback. It's much better today, so I'm hoping to get on my recumbent bike later and at least do something.

I went out last night and had a nice dinner at Jason's Deli (and lost 0.1 this morning!!). So, that shows that pre-tracking works because I didn't just get whatever I wanted and stuck to my predetermined choice. Crazy Rich Asians was really, really good!! The sound quality however in the theater sucked and I was ticked about that. We are going to the same theater on Sunday to see The King and I and the sound better be better and louder!! :#

Have a great day!! <3
  • trooworld
    @cbabie that's great that you are back on track today. I don't know if Sunday will be the meal prep day that it usually is, my husband and I are going out for drinks with a friend and her boyfriend...at 3! We'll see how much I can get done. I hope I can get it all done by then.

@theslightedgeforever for dinner tonight, I have looked at the menu but have not decided what I want. It's going to be my "fun" meal for the week, so nothing is off limits. Do let me know how your koftas come out, I never made mine!

@TeresaW1020 yes, it should be fun, but it will go by quickly! Good luck with children's church, I'm sure you will do a great job. I'm sorry about your knee. I'm glad you liked Crazy Rich Asians.

Hi all. I'm going to go face the music at the scale this morning. I don't expect to see anything good, it's going to be very baaaaad. But I had a blast while my friend was here, so I guess it was worth it.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Cbabie. I hope you are taking care of yourself. Sleep is an important part of health

TeresaW1020. A loss is a loss. Ouch on the knee. It’s hard for me to have a setback cause it’s hard to get me restarted. So I hope you will be better than me in that area.

Trooworld. Maybe the scale will surprise you. So back to healthy habits this week. Look at all the progress you’ve made this year. Still haven’t made the kofta. Lol. I defrosted the meat and that’s as far as I got. I’ll let you know

I did 31 min of gardening and 30 min walking. Food was OP
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever the scale did NOT surprise me: I was up 2 lbs lol. I'm back to the grind tomorrow at BodyPump. Today, I make my meals. Great job, being OP and with the exercise.

Hi all. I had fun with my coworkers last night. Dinner was good but I got a very bad headache right at the beginning of when we met up. It's gone now, thankfully. I hope you all have a good day.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Trooworld. As they say party is over and now back to reality. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could switch our thinking and not associate words like reality and grind with healthy habits and party with unhealthy habits. I will work on this.

I went over on calories. Exercised for 36 min
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever yes, true!

Hi all. I'm going back to BodyPump this morning for the first time in about a week and a half. I'm glad to be getting back to it. I've not gone because I've had scheduling conflicts. I hope I'm not sore from not going.

Yesterday, I made a really good vegetarian lentil chili in the crockpot from the blog Budget Bytes. Here is a link to the recipe, in case you want it: https://budgetbytes.com/slow-cooker-vegetarian-lentil-chili/#wprm-recipe-container-38551
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello!

@trooworld, I bet it felt good to be back at BodyPump! Did you hurt yourself? I know it sucked to see the scale up but you knew it would be and you know how to get it back down. :)

@theslightedgeforever, good for you and your workout and eating on plan!! What kind of garden do you have?

Well, I tried to get back on the treadmill today but it hurt my knee after 10 minutes (actually it hurt immediately but after 10 minutes I told myself that I better get off before I do more damage. :/ ) I rode my bike for 20 minutes so at least I did something. I ended up not going to the movie yesterday because my knee was hurting so much after my children's church morning. I probably shouldn't have done that much dancing with the kids during the songs. :D Without my normal workouts, I'm going to have to be extra careful with my eating. I've been maintaining this week and not losing. We will see what the scale says tomorrow! :p

• theslightedgeforever
    Trooworld I like muscle soreness cause it reminds me that I worked hard. Although not the kind I get after the first day of lunges. Just getting up and down off the toilet is a major deal. lol That’s great that you are back at it. Thanks for the slow cooker meal

TeresaW1020. I just have a regular flower garden. Mostly dead one. It’s been a hot summer. I was doing a lot of clean up. But I enjoy it. I just have to watch my sun exposure after a little bout with skin cancer. I miss the days of just being out in the sun enjoying the rays. I hope your knee feels better. Seems to be always something that pops up to impede our progress

Gemwolf. Kickboxing sounds fun. I’ve tried it a couple of times. Woohoo on already seeing some improvements.

I did 30 min Leslie Sansone video and 23 min walking. Went over calories by 80

Lost 1.1 this week.

• theslightedgeforever
    WW weekly highlights

https://youtu.be/J1jcpgi4Dyk
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Hey everyone, it’s been a rollercoaster ride these past few days, just have this tremendous urge to say what the hell, I lost weight, this should be enough, really need something to motivate me right now. Still going to the gym for my workouts but feel I am not giving my 100%.dont know why suddenly there is a huge drop in my enthusiasm, considering my target is just 1.5 kgs away...

@TeresaW1020 so sorry about your knee, be careful during your workouts, I feel maintaining the weight is harder than losing weight, so you are doing a great job

@theslightedgeforver how are you, congratulations on your 1.1 lbs loss

@trooworld hope no injuries from Bodypump, it’s been so hectic here that I have just lost all my drive to do anything, family events taking a toll on me I guess. Made non-fat chicken kebabs for dinner last night and thought of you 😀

@gemwolf I did kickboxing years ago, just one class, it’s a great way to deal with negative emotions, way to go

@cbabie hope you are doing well, getting enough rest and sleep

Ok off to the gym for my leg workout see you ladies soon, have a great day and week ahead
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 It did feel good to be back. My right wrist/forearm hurt afterward. Yes, it sure did suck!!! But you are right, I'll get it off. :) Hopefully sooner, rather than later! I'm so sorry about your knee. Do take care with that. Maybe you should see a doc? I know you've got Doctor Husband at home, but maybe it's time to see a professional (don't tell hubby I said that lol).

@gemwolf110 a kickboxing gym sounds like fun! Good luck!

@theslightedgeforever I do too. Yeah, that kind of muscle soreness that interferes with basic life activities is no good. lol Great job with the exercise, your weight loss is proof your plan is working, congrats on the loss! Thanks for the highlights.

@krupalip yum to the chicken kebabs!!! Thanks for thinking of me. Yeah, my wrist and forearm hurt after BodyPump. Makes me worried that I will have to quit it. I'm going to have to start thinking about a plan for if I do have to quit it. Why do you think you are losing enthusiasm so close to goal? Don't quit, you are soooo close!!!

Hi all! Today is a rest day as far as exercise is concerned. I'm glad for that. I do hope I can continue BodyPump, but I will look into other options if I have to give it up. I cannot do spin classes as I have tailbone issues and can't sit on those types of bikes they do spin class on, and I can't really do yoga classes in the morning unless they are 45 minutes long because you can't leave yoga classes early like other fitness classes. I may end up walking outside or at home with Leslie Sansone on YouTube.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Trooworld. Has your wrist and forearm always hurt after Bodypump or is this something new? Maybe cause you hadn’t done it awhile. Maybe do a modified version of whatever they are doing until no more pain. My tendonitis in my elbow areas flare up occasionally. No reason why. Once it did while I was on that exercise break due to minor surgery. I was doing nothing but sitting. So those days I had to modify my movements in the kitchen but now I’m better.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Krupalip. Are you afraid of reaching goal? If you reach goal then you have to maintain it. That can be scary for some people. If you reach goal then what? You’ve been pushing after this goal for awhile. Time to find a new non-weight goal. dont even think about the weight goal anymore. Just keep your calories in check do lots of exercise and you will get there. It’s not written in stone you have to get there by a certain date What if you make it two days after that date you planned? Does it lessen your accomplishment? No. You have worked hard and you will get there. Put your focus elsewhere for just a bit and push towards that.
    I excel at maintaining weight it’s the losing weight that’s hard for me. So that’s something I need to figure out. I’m reading a book on self sabotage with some interesting points.

I did 11 min walk like I usually do in the mornings. Otherwise it was a rest day.

Cbabie is having internet problems and will be back when she can.