Power 90...Who's With Me?

Options

Replies

• tenaarnett
    tenaarnett Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I slept really good last night and we have sunshine today! YEAH!! I love when the sun is out, it just makes my day!!!

Tonight I have Chalene's Burn Circuit 2 and I've got Abs workouts! I can't wait!!!

Tena
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Morning all,

Legs and Back this morning. Some of the leg stuff was killer. Great exercises. The only time I got into my workout zone (i.e. my new HRM stopped bloody BEEPING at me :grumble: ) was for the pull ups (with the magenta band). I was surprised at that. Just goes to show you how much energy you expend I guess. I'll need to buy a stronger band if I'm already using the strongest one in the first week.

Ab Ripper X at the gym at lunch time. I photocopied the workout from the book and will bring it with me.

Lovin' this workout people. Everyone have a great day! :smile:

I'm off to figure out my HRM.
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Paula: Way to go on your workout this morning! I love Legs & Back. I got up to doing 100 unassisted pull-ups on that one! Let me tell you, the difference in the band and the pull-up bar is huge as my heartrate goes OVER my zone during pull-ups... I love it! I did my first Round with the bands but the pull-up bar does make a HUGE difference. When I started using it, my muscles started popping!

Well, have a great day and congrats on your workout!

Tena
  • paulamma1
    Options
    Paula: Way to go on your workout this morning! I love Legs & Back. I got up to doing 100 unassisted pull-ups on that one! Let me tell you, the difference in the band and the pull-up bar is huge as my heartrate goes OVER my zone during pull-ups... I love it! I did my first Round with the bands but the pull-up bar does make a HUGE difference. When I started using it, my muscles started popping!

Well, have a great day and congrats on your workout!

Tena

I hear ya girl. I may seriously consider getting a door pull up thingy and put it in a doorway on the main level of the house and just pause the DVD, run up there and do the pull ups.

Thanks for your support to me and all here!

Paula
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Paula: Way to go on the workout this morning!! I know I feel the same way about my HRM beeping at me, kind of annoying!!!!!

Well I just got done Ab Ripper 200 and Sweat 3-4. I don't know what happened to me last week when I did most of the Ab Ripper but haven't since :angry:
    BUT I love my Polar F6, today I was over my HR range for most of my workout and I burned 432 calories!!!! When I did those videos on monday I only burned 356 so its a 76 calorie improvement...SOO HAPPY!!!!

Well have an awesome workout today everyone!
    Jenn
  • thury
    thury Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Tena; I am still here, reading when I get a chance just pretty pressed for time. This time of year is pretty crazy for me, My busy time is the spring so getting ready for that to show up keeps me busy enough. I am also very involved with Ducks Unlimited here in ND and March is a very busy time for banquets and I help out a lot and this week there is 4 meetings in evenings for me to be at. So im around and keeping an eye out.

Paula: how you liking the "X" getting your butt kicked yet?? any thought to someone who was thinking about getting in.

Yesterday was my first day on the phase 3,4: I can honestly say I am not ready for the "X" I got about half way through it and was honestly a little dissapointed not uch different I was still kinda bored doing it then Bang the set of 5 lunges/squats really got the heart going and by the end of it I sure was a sucking air. I loved it and missed feeling that exhausted at the end of the workout. I felt great and the thighs are a little sore today, I kept up with tony on the max squats at the end of the workout.
    Tonight is my first time with the cardio 3,4 and honestly have not even looked at it, I hope there is some different exercises though.

Keep up the good work everyone, I will keep writing when I get a chance.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second day of my first "recovery week" and am already wishing that I was movin' on to phase 2... I know it's good for my body to have this rest period, but I really love the weight lifting aspect of this workout... And I am honestly considering buying a pull-up bar, but I'd have to get one that attaches to our ceiling in the garage-there really isn't a doorway we can use the P90 bar... Anyone have a recommendation for a good bar that attaches to a ceiling? Oh, I'm also looking for a good HRM, and so far have heard really good things about the Polar F6... Anyone else have an opinion? Help!!!:sad:
  • Sweettart
    Options
    MissResa: I just got my Polar F6 and I LOVE it!!! I really wish I would have gotten one sooner but I got one now so thats all that matters.
    Watch ebay we got ours for 96
  • huskeymom
    Options
    MissResa- I love my polar F6 and I read many threads about how much everyone else loves it and that it is really accurate. I was like you last week on my recovery week, hang in there just keep doing the cardios

Thury - dont worry if you are not ready for P90X just keep doing what works for you and gives you a good workout.

Jenn - super proud of you and working out.. wish I could workout with you... but I DO WORK you know.. hehe had to give that one to you.

Tina - thanks on the compliments, I just dont really see much improvement in my pics but I know I will look that much better at the end of the P90X

I did cardio X yest on my lunch and burned 466 calories for that one. I was going to do tri, biceps and shoulders but I fell asleep on the couch at 8pm after I put the girls to bed. And I didnt work out at lunch since I have to take the baby to the peditrician to find out why she keeps screaming her tummy hurts... hope it isnt seriosu and is just gas or something.

Keep up th egood work guys.. we are all doing great.
  • paulamma1
    Options
    I'm on my second day of my first "recovery week" and am already wishing that I was movin' on to phase 2... I know it's good for my body to have this rest period, but I really love the weight lifting aspect of this workout... And I am honestly considering buying a pull-up bar, but I'd have to get one that attaches to our ceiling in the garage-there really isn't a doorway we can use the P90 bar... Anyone have a recommendation for a good bar that attaches to a ceiling? Oh, I'm also looking for a good HRM, and so far have heard really good things about the Polar F6... Anyone else have an opinion? Help!!!:sad:

Oh you KNOW I have an opinion :tongue: I got my Polar F6 yesterday, free overnight shipping from these guys http://www.hrmusainc.com/ Twas 109.95. LOVIN' it. Making my way around the instructions. It's pretty intuitive actually.

As to the pull up bar, sorry, got nothin' there. Having said that, I googled it and there was people who 'made there own' out of PVC pipe that they then hooked over an exposed rafter. If that may work let me know and I'll search for it.

Thury: I'm LOVIN' the P90X. I understand what you mean about being bored by P90. If you're planning on moving up to P90X eventually I'd say get it now. You can work at different levels and with different weights and/or bands. Then again, I'll defer to the P90X professionals we have here. :love:

Jenn: I figured out how to turn off the frickin' beeping! Settings: HR Set: HR Alarm: OFF!!! Yeah baby. I was at the gym at lunch time with it beeping away.

Tena: Remember when I said after the first time I did the Ab Ripper X that I felt it more in my quads? Next time I come out with something like that slap me upside the head! I thought of your advice re concentrating on the abs, oh my! My abs are screaming at me.
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone! I had a wonderful lunch outside today! It is sunny with barely any wind. I did not even have to wear my jacket. Still have long sleeves on though...

Ok, my 2 cents.... I had a Polor F6 and it was fine and worked great but hubby bought me a Nike Imara for Christmas and it is totally AWESOME. It is made for a woman and fits better to my body. Hubby got it on sale for $60, regularly $100. So not a bad price either. Now I will never have anything but the Nike Imara...

I will post more later but I am laughing at Paula and her burning abs. TOLD YOU IT WOULD WORK!!!

Tena
  • huskeymom
    Options
    Tena - the polar watches Jenn and I got are made for women, they changed their design just for women and it is pink and a smaller face on it. Just an fYI. They do have light green and pale blue in women's watches.
  • MissResa
    Options
    The only concern that I have about the Polar F6 for women is that I've always liked wearing men's sport watches... I always break women's watches, and don't like how they fit on my wrist... Are they really dainty? I can't try them on because of where I live-there isn't a store nearby that carries them.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Paula: Thank you SOO much! I just turned the HR off......So excited to workout tomorrow with NO beeping!

Tena: I have to agree with Jen. I LOVE my polar F6 and it is very comfortable BUT I also have never used one until now so I have nothing to compare too!
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    It is all a matter of choice. The F6 is good but I am now in love with the Nike one.. heeheehee. Do you have the one with the chest strap??? My F6 was not a womans one. So, Resa just get the man's one. It works great. I did not know they made women's one's in those! That is great!!! But I will stick with my Nike one. I love it...

Ok, now to correct you all. The Alarm is there for a very good reason. It is to tell you when your heartrate is too high and you need to back down. My max is set at 163 and last night with Chalene's Burn Intervals, it got up to 173 and that told me to pause that dvd and walk around to get my heartrate down. When your heartrate gets super high, you can injure yourself. So please either keep the alarm on or watch your heartrate closely. It is important.

Tena
  • MissResa
    Options
    Will the men's version still calculate for a woman? I don't know how the whole heart rate thing works, or if it's different for a male and a female... Educate this poor, naive woman!!!:sad: :sad: :laugh:
  • paulamma1
    Options
    Will the men's version still calculate for a woman? I don't know how the whole heart rate thing works, or if it's different for a male and a female... Educate this poor, naive woman!!!:sad: :sad: :laugh:

Good question! Was wondering the same thing myself when I saw on a previous post that you'd prefer the mens one. I must say though, there's nothing "dainty" about the womens watch. It's a good inch and a half wide and a half inch thick.

Tena: Thanks for the advice re the warning beep. I promise I'll be good and keep my eye on the HR.
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    I do not think there is much of a difference. The F6 and the Nike have been very alike in calorie burn.

Tena
  • Sweettart
    Options
    I did get the women's polar F6 and it did come with the chest strap.

When I was going Sweat 3-4 today my heart rate was over and look at how many calories I burned! I am tired but thats all and am not sore.

I thought it would be a good thing to have your heart rate up!
  • MissResa
    Options
    Okay... I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and order one... My hubby has been sooo great about me doing this program, and told me he wanted me to get one if it would help me figure all this confusing stuff out... I have a hard time believing that I burn 1700+ calories playing volleyball for 2 hours... It doesn't sound right, and I need to know how much I really do burn...