My journey to a healthy life. This is my progress:

Replies

• Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Great story, great results, congratulations. Keep going :)
  • TinaZ2018
    TinaZ2018 Posts: 314 Member
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    What an amazing transformation! You look great and thanks for sharing your inspirational story!

I'm so happy for you! ❤

Thank you so much!
  • TinaZ2018
    jeffrey_ad wrote: »
    Great work and dedication! Thanks for sharing your story!

Thank you!
  • Herb937
    Herb937 Posts: 23 Member
    Great job!! Keep moving forward.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Amazing transformation! I have a question for you. Did your maintenance calories increase with the build up of muscle and if so by how much? Right now maintenance for me is around 1350 calories/day. I'm wondering if building some muscle will increase that.
  • TinaZ2018
    Herb937 wrote: »
    Great job!! Keep moving forward.

Thank you!
  • TinaZ2018
    Amazing transformation! I have a question for you. Did your maintenance calories increase with the build up of muscle and if so by how much? Right now maintenance for me is around 1350 calories/day. I'm wondering if building some muscle will increase that.

Hi

I'm not at maintenance yet. The last bit of weight is getting me out of my mind. I only had 200g (60.2 kg). Then I put back in a couple of days until I got to 61.5 kg and now I'm blocked at 60.7 kg. So... still 700 grams to go. I knew the last bit of weight was the hardest to lose but it's very frustrating. Still, I'm trying not to stress myself about it, because I exercised and ate with a deficit. It might be that I stopped taking my birth control pills. Anyways...

I have 1400 kcal/day and it actually got lower since losing weight, because the more weight I've lost, the fewer calories I need to function. I don't think I've added that much muscular mass to increase my daily intake. I was VERY atrophied so it's better to say that I've toned my body. I've never measured my body fat percentage.

Regarding maintenance, I'm still gathering information. When I'll get there, I'll lower the protein intake a bit and I have to eat back the calories lost by exercising.
  • YleniaFarina
    YleniaFarina Posts: 2 Member
    Wow great! Congratulations :):)
  • TinaZ2018
    Wow great! Congratulations :):)

Thank you!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Looking great!!!!!!!!
  • TinaZ2018
    Thank you!
  • Artemis_Fowl
    Artemis_Fowl Posts: 2 Member
    Give yourself some time and you will see that your old strength will come back quick enough! You made some fabulous progress last year and should be very proud of yourself :smile:

• TinaZ2018
    Starting weight on January 13th was 65.2kg. I want to get to 57-58kg (lost the fat). The next goal will be to add some lean muscle (and then I won't care about what the scale shows). :)
  • chasitystiff345
    chasitystiff345 Posts: 5 Member
    Wow you look great I would love help and advice if you add me I have high cholesterol as well I need to get it done where did you start
  • chasitystiff345
    chasitystiff345 Posts: 5 Member
    On the eating what did you eat for cholesterol
  • Chooklet57
    Chooklet57 Posts: 43 Member
    TinaZ great inspiring story and journey. I'm in a similar space. Lost quite a bit in 2016, gained some back. Always train 4-5/7 but my eating is ad hoc, so yes ready to reign it all in. good on you for sharing the ups and downs of life and your progress. Thats what it is; progress. Can I join you on your trip down? I'm off to do that abs workout now. Thanks for the link. will send a friend request.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Tina, you look absolutely amazing and I admire your strength and courage for facing all your battles!! I do have to say you have such beautiful eyes. :)
    Good luck with everything in your life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!