Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

My journey to a healthy life. This is my progress:

2»

Replies

• sarithasudhakaransarithasudhakaran Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    Thanks a lot for sharing your story...Its really motivational....I too have a sedentary life style with hate for sports :lol:
    Hope I can reduce 10kg for my dream beach body :wink:
  • StyggianStyggian Posts: 442Member Member Posts: 442Member Member
    Great story, great results, congratulations. Keep going :)
  • TinaZ2018TinaZ2018 Posts: 62Member Member Posts: 62Member Member
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    What an amazing transformation! You look great and thanks for sharing your inspirational story!

I'm so happy for you! ❤

Thank you so much!
    jeffrey_ad wrote: »
    Great work and dedication! Thanks for sharing your story!

Thank you!
  • Herb937Herb937 Posts: 23Member Member Posts: 23Member Member
    Great job!! Keep moving forward.
  • cheryldumaischeryldumais Posts: 1,473Member Member Posts: 1,473Member Member
    Amazing transformation! I have a question for you. Did your maintenance calories increase with the build up of muscle and if so by how much? Right now maintenance for me is around 1350 calories/day. I'm wondering if building some muscle will increase that.
    Herb937 wrote: »
    Great job!! Keep moving forward.

Thank you!
    Amazing transformation! I have a question for you. Did your maintenance calories increase with the build up of muscle and if so by how much? Right now maintenance for me is around 1350 calories/day. I'm wondering if building some muscle will increase that.

Hi

I'm not at maintenance yet. The last bit of weight is getting me out of my mind. I only had 200g (60.2 kg). Then I put back in a couple of days until I got to 61.5 kg and now I'm blocked at 60.7 kg. So... still 700 grams to go. I knew the last bit of weight was the hardest to lose but it's very frustrating. Still, I'm trying not to stress myself about it, because I exercised and ate with a deficit. It might be that I stopped taking my birth control pills. Anyways...

I have 1400 kcal/day and it actually got lower since losing weight, because the more weight I've lost, the fewer calories I need to function. I don't think I've added that much muscular mass to increase my daily intake. I was VERY atrophied so it's better to say that I've toned my body. I've never measured my body fat percentage.

Regarding maintenance, I'm still gathering information. When I'll get there, I'll lower the protein intake a bit and I have to eat back the calories lost by exercising.
  • YleniaFarinaYleniaFarina Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Wow great! Congratulations :) :)
    Wow great! Congratulations :) :)

Thank you!
    Happy New Year!

Last year my target was to lose 9 kg (to have 60 kg) and at the doctor's order, I had to stop exercising and do some physiotherapy and massages that didn't help at all with my back pains. Fortunately, over the last 3 months I managed to maintain my weight and I have 59.1 kg now (I oscillate between 57.5 and 59 - so I lost 10 kg and I'm very happy about it!
    The gastritis is a hassle because I'm allowed to eat only a few things of what I uses to. I miss my nuts and seeds, my salads, my fruits. And a glass of wine at the end of a hard day. On January 3rd I started exercising again. It's sad too see how fast I got out of shape and how little resistance I have left. 20 minutes in and I was tired and my muscles hurt already. After each session everything hurts sooo bad. I was happy to notice that I felt like redoing and old habit, so it wasn't a horrible experience like the first time I started this active life. BUT last year I made the impossible in 4 months and 100 exercising sessions. Now I'm lighter and I already know that I can do it.
    Are you ready?! Let's do this!!!

@January 3rd, 2019:
    wwgf0xzpxyuj.jpg

edited January 7
  • AudreyJDukeAudreyJDuke Posts: 972Member Member Posts: 972Member Member
    Looking great!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!
  • Artemis_FowlArtemis_Fowl Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    Give yourself some time and you will see that your old strength will come back quick enough! You made some fabulous progress last year and should be very proud of yourself :smile: