9/8: 5.03mi
    9/9: 20.04mi
    9/12: 3mi
    9/15: 5mi
    9/16: 10mi
    9/18: 3mi

Total: 60.42

9/30 Wineglass Marathon

Tonight was an easy 3 miles. This weather needs to cool off. At least Wineglass will be significantly cooler than my runs here in Georgia!

What is so wrong with ketchup on a hot dog? That is how I eat them, unless it is a chili cheese dog!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Ketchup is only for French fries. No eggs, no macaroni, no hamburgers, no hotdogs.

Just sayin'.

C'mon Sarah. I love you. Don't make me regret it... Ketchup is not a food. Mayonnaise is for french fries. Salsa (maybe on eggs, franks red hot is best), macaroni? What? Who puts ketchup on macaroni! Burger? Ok ya i like a nasty messy burger with ketchup, mayo and mustard... So alright... I still love you. Dogs? Nah. Never catsoup.😊

Ha, I agree with you, I only put it on fries, although mayonnaise is also good on fries. Salsa on eggs. Salsa on cheap boxed macaroni, but good macaroni needs nothing. I like salsa on burgers sometimes. Usually no ketchup, just mustard and mayo and a tomato slice. Hotdogs get mustard, and sometimes cheese.

I think ketchup on macaroni is a Canadian thing, but I'm half German so maybe that's why I don't like it. Then again my dad eats it that way and the German comes from him...
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I love lefse. My Danish grandmother would make it all the time, but we would eat it with bacon and butter. Yummm. I wish I knew how to make it. It is tricky.

I am firmly in the ketchup camp. I also like relish, sauerkraut, and a little cheese if possible. I dislike mustard, but I am no hater. Y’all can use as much of it as you like.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Ketchup is only for French fries. No eggs, no macaroni, no hamburgers, no hotdogs.

Just sayin'.

C'mon Sarah. I love you. Don't make me regret it... Ketchup is not a food. Mayonnaise is for french fries. Salsa (maybe on eggs, franks red hot is best), macaroni? What? Who puts ketchup on macaroni! Burger? Ok ya i like a nasty messy burger with ketchup, mayo and mustard... So alright... I still love you. Dogs? Nah. Never catsoup.😊

Ha, I agree with you, I only put it on fries, although mayonnaise is also good on fries. Salsa on eggs. Salsa on cheap boxed macaroni, but good macaroni needs nothing. I like salsa on burgers sometimes. Usually no ketchup, just mustard and mayo and a tomato slice. Hotdogs get mustard, and sometimes cheese.

I think ketchup on macaroni is a Canadian thing, but I'm half German so maybe that's why I don't like it. Then again my dad eats it that way and the German comes from him...

Ok - I am with @elise4270 on this one - kraut and mustard on my hotdog... maybe if no kraut available I will load it up with some onions and mustard and a little bit of ketchup. Definitely ketchup with fries.
    My DH on the other hand puts ketchup on everything. As far as he is concerned it is the ONLY condiment. I have pretty much gotten him out of putting it on eggs or hash browns. Who would ever ruin mac and cheese with ketchup - yuck! I do love salsa on just about anything and stopped eating mayo a long while ago... except maybe in tuna or egg salad but just enough to stick it all together.

ETA - I am picky about my mustards too. I have several different kinds depending on what we are having.
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options

Ha, is it? I have never seen or tried this. My cousin put ketchup on his eggs, and I thought he was strange.

That is nice that it is easy for you to come for the BMO in May. I didn’t know (or forgot) your parents were here. That’s great!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I love lefse. My Danish grandmother would make it all the time, but we would eat it with bacon and butter. Yummm. I wish I knew how to make it. It is tricky.

@RunRachelleRun It's official we have 2 things in common.
    Running and lefse. According to my mom Red Potatoes are better and they must be naturally cooled to room temp before you try to work with them. Of course mom always cooks it on a wood stove ( I mean directly on the stove body, no cast iron pan ) to give it that smoky taste. A bit of shredded cheese and a few secs in the microwave.
    Not good for the calorie count but a great pre-race carbo load
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »

@RunRachelleRun It's official we have 2 things in common.
    Running and lefse. According to my mom Red Potatoes are better and they must be naturally cooled to room temp before you try to work with them. Of course mom always cooks it on a wood stove ( I mean directly on the stove body, no cast iron pan ) to give it that smoky taste. A bit of shredded cheese and a few secs in the microwave.
    Not good for the calorie count but a great pre-race carbo load

Ooh, lucky you. That sounds heavenly. My grandma would make a lot at once and then freeze it. It was just as good after she reheated it. I ate it every time I visited her growing up, and for a few years, she lived a block away, which means I ate it a lot! I’ve never tried it with cheese, but I bet that was delicious. We always ate it on its own or with very crispy bacon.
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins What a pretty sunrise. Congratulations on your fastest mile!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @RunRachelleRun I grew up in Surrey, though my parents (and brother) live out in the Valley now. It looks like general registration doesn't start until tomorrow so I will sign up tomorrow! I'm thinking I'll probably stay somewhere downtown the night before the race.