Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Love watching pups play!!

Same!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I finished my nine days in a row yesterday! I barely survived. I had a headache the last few days of my stretch, my knee hurts from I assume pushing carts or cashiering more than I usually do (could be from standing in one place for longer stretches of time), & I started noticing eye floaters. On Saturday the eye floater looked like a little fly, on Sunday or Monday I noticed what looked like a stringy web, & on Wednesday driving in it looked like a curtain to an extent/a lot of little gnats at times.

I'm not sure if I got the eye floaters from being stressed at work & not having a lot of help a few days, pushing carts, not eating a lot due to not being hungry, or simply from getting older. I went to an ophthalmologist this afternoon & they dilated my eyes (first time having that done & it's trippy once it's over & kind of annoying to look into the light) & he noticed the floaters in my eyes, but luckily no retinal tears. I have to go back in six weeks to have a checkup.

Tomorrow I'm going to Walmart for an eye glasses appointment to get new glasses as well (haven't done one for like 4-5 years).
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    The puppy ate my magnolia tree. :mad:

I've always wanted a magnolia tree. I planted this one this spring. It was spindly, but thriving. It had these little, skinny branches with 'puffs' of leaves at the end of each branch. It was windy yesterday, and I am sure those leaves looked really fun to play with as they bounced around in the breeze.

I now have a magnolia twig sticking out of the ground. :sad:

Oh no! I know how excited you were about this tree. Will it come back?
  • Oberon21
    Question: If I voted in the last election (my first time no judgment) am I automatically registered for this Nov?
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Yesterday I went out to lunch with a friend. I ended up in a restaurant with a very limited menu. I looked at the menu and ordered their turkey panini which was not as elaborate as other panini's I've had - but it was still deli turkey and cheese and some sort of apricot Dijon spread. I disappointed myself by eating the whole thing. I should have gotten a box to put half of it away right off the bat. And then I didn't work out yesterday afternoon, because I got home too late.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I've always wanted a magnolia tree. I planted this one this spring. It was spindly, but thriving. It had these little, skinny branches with 'puffs' of leaves at the end of each branch. It was windy yesterday, and I am sure those leaves looked really fun to play with as they bounced around in the breeze.

I don’t know...😢
  • quiksylver296
    edited September 2018
    Question: If I voted in the last election (my first time no judgment) am I automatically registered for this Nov?
    I think so.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    I finished my nine days in a row yesterday! I barely survived. I had a headache the last few days of my stretch, my knee hurts from I assume pushing carts or cashiering more than I usually do (could be from standing in one place for longer stretches of time), & I started noticing eye floaters. On Saturday the eye floater looked like a little fly, on Sunday or Monday I noticed what looked like a stringy web, & on Wednesday driving in it looked like a curtain to an extent/a lot of little gnats at times.

I'm not sure if I got the eye floaters from being stressed at work & not having a lot of help a few days, pushing carts, not eating a lot due to not being hungry, or simply from getting older. I went to an ophthalmologist this afternoon & they dilated my eyes (first time having that done & it's trippy once it's over & kind of annoying to look into the light) & he noticed the floaters in my eyes, but luckily no retinal tears. I have to go back in six weeks to have a checkup.

Tomorrow I'm going to Walmart for an eye glasses appointment to get new glasses as well (haven't done one for like 4-5 years).

It's good that you had your eyes checked out, but I thought floaters were just dead cells and you can see them because they float into your line of sight. I get them quite often. When I was a lot younger I thought I could see paranormal things, I was really disappointed when I found out other people see them as well. :lol:

What was the 9 days about?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

Yes.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

Note to self, see if there are still pods in the neighbor's yard. Mail a couple to Quik if there are.
  • Oberon21

Yes.

Thanks.
  • Oberon21
    Yesterday I went out to lunch with a friend. I ended up in a restaurant with a very limited menu. I looked at the menu and ordered their turkey panini which was not as elaborate as other panini's I've had - but it was still deli turkey and cheese and some sort of apricot Dijon spread. I disappointed myself by eating the whole thing. I should have gotten a box to put half of it away right off the bat. And then I didn't work out yesterday afternoon, because I got home too late.

Hey you did your best with what they offered. I never take anything home. I'll just eat it. I always figure if I stay it stays at the restaurant. ;)
  • quiksylver296

Note to self, see if there are still pods in the neighbor's yard. Mail a couple to Quik if there are.

I know nothing about magnolias. What's a pod? Like a magnolia seed? Are they from a purple one?

My chewed-up one is white, but I really wanted pink or purple. So if the white one ends up dying, I'm getting the color I really wanted next time.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

I know nothing about magnolias. What's a pod? Like a magnolia seed? Are they from a purple one?

My chewed-up one is white, but I really wanted pink or purple. So if the white one ends up dying, I'm getting the color I really wanted next time.

The one in my neighborhood is white. Pods are seeds the size of pine cones. Let me see if my master gardener friend knowswhere I can get pink or purple. I swear there is one at Rotherwood that blooms purple, but I don't know how Dr. Thibault feels about letting me get a pod. (My old family home is haunted and Dr. Thibault has had some really rude people try to ghost hunt.)

I actually think if it still has roots the one you have will come back. However, you need to put chicken wire around the trunk to keep Atlas away and cover it all in burlap soonish. Your winters are waaaaaaay worse than mine. And longer...
  • quiksylver296
    Thanks! We have some amazing magnolias here, really big. They obviously survive the winters, but I don't know what the people did when they were saplings.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Thanks! We have some amazing magnolias here, really big. They obviously survive the winters, but I don't know what the people did when they were saplings.

Maybe nothing, but yours has been through a dog fight already. Better safe than sorry. In the spring feed it a couple of cans of lemon-lime soda once every couple of weeks to start it growing again since it's lost its leaves. You'll probably see new twigs pretty fast if it is going to make a come back. They are fast growing trees.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I made a frozen pizza last night because I was too lazy to cook and I was too lazy to go anywhere for food. I ended up eating half of it. I really miss my husband being home during the week.

I would have done the same thing
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    [/quote]

The one in my neighborhood is white. Pods are seeds the size of pine cones. Let me see if my master gardener friend knowswhere I can get pink or purple. I swear there is one at Rotherwood that blooms purple, but I don't know how Dr. Thibault feels about letting me get a pod. (My old family home is haunted and Dr. Thibault has had some really rude people try to ghost hunt.)

[/quote]

I have a ghost in my house and get an occasional stray passer by. George, the resident ghost, is not an issue. However, the others make me a little nervous. I had one that stayed about 3 weeks would unscrew my light bulbs. My husband was working out of state and daughter was at her dads.... I was the only one at home. I asked George to see that they moved on. I asked him on a Friday (as I tightened all the bulbs again) then went out of town for the weekend. Not a loose bulb since.

My point is - having ghosts around can be kinda freaky. I am not sure why ANYONE would go looking for them. I happen to be lucky to have a nice one!!!!