September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure if anyone posted this or not yet...

For anyone interested in a super short run: https://abc13.com/4288348/?sf198081173=1

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    It is illegal in Canada to use pepper spray on a person. If you buy it for protection against bears or dogs you have to sign your life away acknowledging this, and you can't just carry it around (it's a prohibited weapon) as you could be charged.
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @travelling_lots I do know how to use pepper spray and it is not illegal in the US to carry pepper spray although some states may have restrictions on the size or strength of the spray.

@kgirlhart what I wrote wasn’t meant in a way that you don’t.
    But with hopes since you have one and I do not perhaps you would have filled in a bit more details on how to carry and use one. For those that don’t. As a precaution since it was stated in the conversation you started.

Wasn’t in any way as a put down to be taken as a personal attack.

Correct! not illegal in all states but this group is read everywhere in the world.
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    It is illegal in Canada to use pepper spray on a person. If you buy it for protection against bears or dogs you have to sign your life away acknowledging this, and you can't just carry it around (it's a prohibited weapon) as you could be charged.

@sarahthes Exactly! and these comments are read in different parts of the world with different rules and I think we should be careful what is posted. Just in case I’m saying.
    But yes, it’s illegal in Canada. :-)
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    rusgolden wrote: »
    This is it....I abandoned all hope this morning. It is going to be unbearably hot and humid forever. I am doomed to live the rest of my life a sweaty mess.

Highs still in the 90s and humidity hovering above 98 (million)%, since forever and ever. Is a low temp somewhere in the 60s too much to ask for at the end of September?!? Come on, Mother Nature.

You described yesterday's weather/run perfectly and I would have had more of the same today but today is my non-run/gym day!! The record high for yesterday was 95 in 1954 and was forecasted to be 94, but I know my phone showed 95 w/ heat index of 101.

However, a nice cool front is coming in tonight and tomorrow is supposed to be a 20 degree temp change, so should be nice for my long run on Sat!! Looking further ahead, I'm seeing lows in the 40s and highs in the low 60s!!

Hopefully Texas will get some relief soon.

@rusgolden Gasp! You are right! I just checked the weather for Saturday. A low of 66 degrees!!!!! :) Oh, that makes me happy. There is an 80% chance of rain but if it is 66 degrees my butt is going out for a really wet AND NOT HOT run. Hooray!

I am not seeing any 40 degree weather but that is normal. We don't normally see the temperature dip that low until December (if we are lucky).

Maybe your 66 degrees is why we are getting 5 cm (2") of snow...

Sorry @sarahthes. I imagine it sucks just as much on the other side of the weather spectrum.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure if anyone posted this or not yet...

For anyone interested in a super short run: https://abc13.com/4288348/?sf198081173=1

Ha! My daughter is running a “micro-marathon” put on by a micro-brewery next month. 0.5 km - They even give out a metal and t-shirt (and beer). That’s my kind of marathon. 😂
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    09/02 - 8.5 hot humid miles
    09/03 - 10 miles
    09/04 - Back to the car shop - yay
    09/05 - 8.5 humid miles
    09/06 - 8 humid miles
    09/07 - 9 humid miles
    09/08 - Storming
    09/09 - Storming
    09/10 - 13.1 miles
    09/11 - 8 miles
    09/12 - Date Night - No Run
    09/13 - Forget what happened
    09/14 - 16 miles
    09/15 - 10 miles
    09/16 - 9 miles
    09/17 - 8 miles
    09/18 - 10 miles
    09/19 - Date Night - No Run
    09/20 - 11 miles

Another slow humid run by the river. Pretty flat, pretty hot. Need a drink.

Upcoming Races:

Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

--More as I find them - need to find a nice trail race

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)