September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kevaasen wrote: »
    Ziplock sandwich bags work for me!

I do carry it in a ziplock. Maybe keeping a little cloth in there too would be enough for me to dry a finger to use on the screen.

My phone (iPhone 7) is waterproof and I keep it in a Life Proof case which is also waterproof so I never think of putting the phone in a bag in addition to that. But would not work for me still since my fingers are wet and have nothing to dry them with. So the towel in a bag might work. I have to try that next time I think.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    From Last Saturday. I love the wild.

@MNLittleFinn I so understand the comment and related picture.
    What I consider to be my prime events are all Bushwhackers.
    Evergreen Trail Tech (Pine Tree Sand Dunes), Mountain Madness , Emperor's Challenge (20km over a Mountain)
    Don't Get Lost in the Woods ( X-Country Ski club trails ), Roots and Ruts ( Pine Tree Bog-Forest ), Reverse the Curse ( Ski Hill Trails ) .

Miserable Miles Local Event this weekend = me as volunteer course setup/tear-down. An obstacle Course Race up and down our local ski-hill. No water slide this year as it is -2C, but lots of fun obstacles.

Anyone who is a Runner and taken a tumble will appreciate the humor built into the Finishers Medal for the Roots and Ruts event.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,084 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I can't ever see myself getting so lost in a run that I didn't even realize where I was going. But, then again, I don't use headsets. I prefer listening to nature when I run outdoor, or watching TV if I'm on the treadmill. Glad it ended well.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I can't ever see myself getting so lost in a run that I didn't even realize where I was going. But, then again, I don't use headsets. I prefer listening to nature when I run outdoor, or watching TV if I'm on the treadmill. Glad it ended well.

I have to. If I actually realize I am running and think about it, I would not make it 1/2 a mile. I do not mention it often, and perhaps that is a disservice to others, but every step I take is a struggle. I have to take my mind out of the activity to a place where there is no pain in order to keep going. I can run without headphones, I do it for most races, but my head is still not in my body for most of it.

We all face our own set of challenges, this is just how I defeat mine. It is not perfect, but it is me. :)

Running is the only time my mind is silent. I've gotten lost in unfamiliar places before because my mind finally quiets and I kind of meditate. But I have to listen to a podcast or music because I can't stand listening to my breathing. It puts me back into the present and I don't get the brain shut off.

And my daily "nature" is cars. Not exactly what I want to listen to.

I've kinda gone from the first situation to the second now. I started used the zombies run app because that took my mind off what I was doing for long enough to actually start running for more than a few minutes at a time, but over the last few weeks I've realised after finishing a run that I have no recollection at all of the zombie mission storyline and usually can't even remember what songs from my playlist it has played to me (it's set to random). It all just seems to be white noise in the background. However I do know when I start to tire I rely on my music to match my footsteps to the beat and keep me going so it isn't completely redundant, even if I can't for the life of me remember what I listened to afterwards.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn envy... I think I prefer trails to road by a huge margin myself (even though I'm always fighting against cutoffs on trails).

@PastorVincent I used to run with music for a similar reason. The only reason I really stopped is because my phone started literally freezing last winter and I got out of the habit.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @jele30 Nice running. You'll get pictures another time. Sometimes you just have to run.