September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn envy... I think I prefer trails to road by a huge margin myself (even though I'm always fighting against cutoffs on trails)..
    You're just getting more for your race fee. At the awards ceremony for my last race, the RD stopped presenting, every time a runner would come in, and the whole crowd would turn around and cheer them in. Some of the 100 racers had been out there for 36 hours by the time they ceremony started. The RD liked to call them bargain shoppers, getting more race time for their money. It's a big part of why I'm going back for his other race next fall.

Ha, I love this philosophy!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @jele30 Nice running. You'll get pictures another time. Sometimes you just have to run.

So true.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I can't ever see myself getting so lost in a run that I didn't even realize where I was going. But, then again, I don't use headsets. I prefer listening to nature when I run outdoor, or watching TV if I'm on the treadmill. Glad it ended well.

I have to. If I actually realize I am running and think about it, I would not make it 1/2 a mile. I do not mention it often, and perhaps that is a disservice to others, but every step I take is a struggle. I have to take my mind out of the activity to a place where there is no pain in order to keep going. I can run without headphones, I do it for most races, but my head is still not in my body for most of it.

We all face our own set of challenges, this is just how I defeat mine. It is not perfect, but it is me. :)

I continue to be amazed that you have kept it up. I genuinely don’t think I could if I didn’t love it.
    @PastorVincent I can't ever see myself getting so lost in a run that I didn't even realize where I was going. But, then again, I don't use headsets. I prefer listening to nature when I run outdoor, or watching TV if I'm on the treadmill. Glad it ended well.

I have to. If I actually realize I am running and think about it, I would not make it 1/2 a mile. I do not mention it often, and perhaps that is a disservice to others, but every step I take is a struggle. I have to take my mind out of the activity to a place where there is no pain in order to keep going. I can run without headphones, I do it for most races, but my head is still not in my body for most of it.

We all face our own set of challenges, this is just how I defeat mine. It is not perfect, but it is me. :)

Running is the only time my mind is silent. I've gotten lost in unfamiliar places before because my mind finally quiets and I kind of meditate. But I have to listen to a podcast or music because I can't stand listening to my breathing. It puts me back into the present and I don't get the brain shut off.

And my daily "nature" is cars. Not exactly what I want to listen to.

This is me, too. I’ve tried to have conversations right after running and I have to really focus to get my head back from that zone. It’s one of the top reasons I love running.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Great race report and well done to both you & your husband!

@AlphaHowls Congrats on an awesome race result!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    HonuNui wrote: »
    September, she'll remember (to run)
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    So i realized we did the SPAM virtual run ladt October and went looking to sign up for it again and found this: https://www.aimatmelanoma.org/get-involved/aim-for-the-cure-walks/

@skippygirlsmom did you know? Love it!

I'm so glad they made the "cover!" I didn't organize a S.P.A.M. run this year....I'm in that ostrich stage of grief.....

No worries of course. I can imagine your grief.

Alex is lost to alcohol and mental illness (bipolar diagnosis), no idea if he'll ever come out of it. I know its not the same thing, but I've lost him. Ive lost count of how many times hes tired to kill himself, 5 maybe 6. Hes not who he once was in my life. I'm not good at relationships anyway, so the whole thing just pushes me further in to antisocial behavior/attachment disorder type crap. Further away from people i can get the better. I get cynical. (Sure doesnt help ive been running with his old mp3 player. When days of innocence prevailed). Ugh enough about my woes. ((Hugs))

We're doing the Virtual 26.2 hour relay for Dennis and i noticed it fell on the same day i did the spam for Steve. So I'll definitely have him and you in my thoughts too.

We could continue it and make October 14th or second weekend in October, our fallen runners/lost love ones rememberance runs days. A "Run Your Heart Out" run. What troubles your heart, let your legs take far away.
    @elise4270 - I can't imagine losing a child to alcohol and mental illness any more than I can to losing one to death. So painful either way! {{hugs}} to you too!
    I love your idea above in bold!

@katharmonic - You are a rockstar! Like @Elise4270 I am way down the list 😳
    @sarahthes - can't believe the weather you all are getting already!
    @AlphaHowls - congratulations on a great race and AG place!
    @rheddmobile - Congratulations to both you and your husband! That announcer would get my love too!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls Congrats on the AG placement! I can just about run two miles at 9 minutes, you can run 13 of them! Me and my beat up knees have no aspirations to run halfs, but I aspire to kick *kitten* like you!
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls Congrats on the AG placement! I can just about run two miles at 9 minutes, you can run 13 of them! Me and my beat up knees have no aspirations to run halfs, but I aspire to kick *kitten* like you!

Thank you! That made me smile!

@AlphaHowls W00T! Congrats! Dew claws up!

I thought of you around mile 11 or 12....right, left, repeat....

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Great race report and well done!
    @AlphaHowls Congrats. You are a super star.
    @katharmonic very impressive!