Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Hey all.

About to have a vent sorry.

I'm so frustrated. I'm stressed with a personal t
    I just need a safe place to vent and scream... Excuse me ahhhhhhhh

Vent away! We all go through spells where we get forced off track, just ride it out.

Remember eating is part of your training. My go to is always a bowl of soup. Last week i had to make some pumpkin curry chicken and indulge in its goodness. Last night it was veggetable chicken with kale and spinach. Find some goodness. The runs will come and life inevitably sorts out.

Thanks Elise. Always so supportive, I really appreciate it.

PS I've been watching the garmin circle Chicago last week, that was amusing. No updates for several days, hopefully it just went off the radar and will be here by Friday, I can't wait to use it!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Amazing marathon world record broken this morning in Berlin — 2:01:39! Holy cow that is FAST!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/45539546

Some day he's gonna get that two! He's so close! Amazing.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Not looking good for Boston wannabes with a 3 minute cushion or less. From the latest FB post by Boston Marathon:

"Due to field size limitations (same as recent years) and the amount of entries received in Week One (an increase from last year), we only will be able to accept a percentage of entries from Week Two."

The 2018 cut-off was 3:23. This implies a higher cut-off for 2019.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    So, can you wash running shoes in a washing machine? Will they fall apart if washed on a delicate cycle? It is still a hot, humid, nasty mess in Texas and my shoes are currently a bio-hazard. My husband is making me store them on the back porch - LOL. While part of me wants to use this excuse to by new ones, my checkbook is disagreeing with me.

Oh my gosh me too. My longer runs are soaking my socks and sneakers... I’ve been letting them air dry out in the open (instead of the hall closet like normal) and using my older sneakers for shorter runs to give them more time to air out.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Attempted 5k this morning but I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and my lungs wouldn't cooperate grrr. So got 3k instead. At least I did that mush.

Question: I'm doing a 9.2k run Sunday. I wanted to get a longer run in this week as well. I was thinking of doing shorter runs (5-6k) Tues and Wed (Monday already) rest Thursday, 12k Friday, rest Sat then the 9 on Sunday. Sounds reasonable?

That sounds reasonable for me; how does it compare to your recent total weekly running distance? If it's about the same or not more than 10% over the distance you ran last week, splitting it up this way seems reasonable. If you're going up by 15% of last week, it might be a bit aggressive. If it's 20% over last week, it's wildly optimistic.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Amazing marathon world record broken this morning in Berlin — 2:01:39! Holy cow that is FAST!

I couldn’t bring myself to get up at 3am to watch this morning, but I’m going to stay up late this evening to watch the rebroadcast at 10pm.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Attempted 5k this morning but I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and my lungs wouldn't cooperate grrr. So got 3k instead. At least I did that mush.

Question: I'm doing a 9.2k run Sunday. I wanted to get a longer run in this week as well. I was thinking of doing shorter runs (5-6k) Tues and Wed (Monday already) rest Thursday, 12k Friday, rest Sat then the 9 on Sunday. Sounds reasonable?

That sounds reasonable for me; how does it compare to your recent total weekly running distance? If it's about the same or not more than 10% over the distance you ran last week, splitting it up this way seems reasonable. If you're going up by 15% of last week, it might be a bit aggressive. If it's 20% over last week, it's wildly optimistic.

Yeah, this. Well said Mr. Carp.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

Pshaw... I could do that easily... in car! :lol:

I used to have a car that couldn't even go as fast or as far as that guy did today lol.

@RunRachelleRun nothing I can say that will be of any help, but thinking of you, sending virtual hugs and good vibes and crossing fingers that it is a simple thing and you don't have to postpone your holiday.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Hey all.

About to have a vent sorry.

I'm so frustrated. I'm stressed with a personal t
    I just need a safe place to vent and scream... Excuse me ahhhhhhhh

Vent away! We all go through spells where we get forced off track, just ride it out.

Remember eating is part of your training. My go to is always a bowl of soup. Last week i had to make some pumpkin curry chicken and indulge in its goodness. Last night it was veggetable chicken with kale and spinach. Find some goodness. The runs will come and life inevitably sorts out.

Thanks Elise. Always so supportive, I really appreciate it.

PS I've been watching the garmin circle Chicago last week, that was amusing. No updates for several days, hopefully it just went off the radar and will be here by Friday, I can't wait to use it!

Too bad i couldn't leave the gps on and we could track it. Hope it finds you soon! Maybe its finally left the US. They guy at the shipping store wasnt sure it update once it left the US. Although thought it pick it up in the port.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,274 Member
    Options
    @RunRachelleRun - hugs for the diagnosis, but also glad it was caught. No medical advice to give you - but as for your trip - my gut feeling is that unless the timing interferes with your treatment, you'd regret canceling.

I'm feeling good about my upcoming races. Did some intervals this morning. Tomorrow I plan on 10 miles. Times have been at or better than I'm hoping for so I'm pretty happy about it all.

June goal - 44/44
    July goal - 52/52
    August goal - 55/57 miles
    Sept goal - 38/60 miles

Sept. 30 - Wineglass Half Marathon; Corning, NY
    October 7 - Viking Dash Half Marathon; Toledo, OH

exercise.png
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,274 Member
    Options
    I have a non-running question. I found an affordable biking trip to Cuba this winter. My husband says “go” but he’s freaking out with worry about safety issues and bringing up every kind of improbable scenario. So have any of you travelled to Cuba? As an American am I being naive thinking I won’t have any problems? I would be a solo traveler but with a group of 4 to 7 other people. This was something I’ve wanted to do but now he has me questioning my sanity. Any advice is welcome.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »

Thanks, if you ignore last week because of illness then its about what I am doing, so given I had most of last week off then I should be good.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    September goal: 85 miles

9/2: 7 miles
    9/4: 4.5 miles
    9/5: 4.5 miles
    9/6: 5.5 miles
    9/9: 7.5 miles
    9/10: 2.1 miles
    9/11: 5 miles
    9/12: 4.8 miles
    9/13: 4.7 miles
    9/16: 8.2 miles

53.8/85 miles completed

I stayed up too late last night and did not really want to get up this morning, but I did want to run so I got up anyway. It was already hot and still humid so I was not expecting a great run. But I had a great run today. I went 8.2 miles. I was able to keep my pace under 11 min/mile. I kept all of my miles under 11 except mile 7 and 8. Mile 8 was particularly slow as I was starting to drag by then, but overall I felt great. I beat my 10K PR from last Sunday. I love runs like that. I'm on track for my September goal and I feel really good about my running lately.

My legs have been kind of tired and sore since though. I did a little yoga stretching and rolled my legs with a massage stick. I don't think it is the same brand as the one in the video that @ContraryMaryMary shared, but it is the same thing. I really like it. It is much easier than foam rolling for me.

@zdyb23456 20 miles on a treadmill = very impressive!

@eleanorhawkins I sometimes zone out listening to music too and I have missed some of my Zombies Run episode before. I go to a website called Runner Five, Report. It is ztranscripts.tumblr.com They post transcripts of the missions if you miss one.

@AlphaHowls Great HM! Awesome pace. And an age group award. Way to go!

@rheddmobile Great race report! Awesome times for you and your husband! I love the stroller lady story. And your pictures are great. What a wonderful transformation!

@RunRachelleRun I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. I pray that they get everything when they do the excision. I would not cancel the trip unless the doctor advises you to.

I have a question. Has anyone had trouble with the band on their Garmim FR35? Mine broke. I tried to order a replacement on Amazon but it wasn't the right size. The Garmin site says there are no user replacement bands. I fixed it with super glue and so far so good. Just wondered if anyone else had had that issue and if you had any better solutions.

exercise.png

2018 races:
    5/19/18: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon - 2:43:59.7. - 2nd place AG
    11/10/18: Wags & Whiskers 5K
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @RunRachelleRun I'm so sorry you've had that diagnosis and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

@biketheworld As a Canadian, we go to Cuba all the time. I mean, I've never been but my parents go 2-3 times a year and friends of theirs seem to go every 6-8 weeks! I think as long as you stick to touristy areas you will be pretty safe. My parents and their friends even leave the resort's to visit peoples' homes as they've made friends over the years.