September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins That should be fine. I modified a Hal Higdon plan for my HM training. I don't think rounding up or down slightly would be a problem at all. Good luck! You can do it!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    is the same plan @eleanorhawkins ?
    i google hal higdon novice 1 metric
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Stupid question which I probably know the answer too but I'm overthinking things and really ought to go find something to do other than stare at my training plan. I'm doing the Hal Higdon Novice 1 half marathon training plan (aka total noob plan) but I do kilometres not miles, and it's really annoying because the conversion leaves me with things like 4.8km, 3.2km, 6.4km, 8.1km. I know, I know, the numbers are round in miles but I'm too used to km. Anyway, question is, surely it won't matter really if I do 5km instead of 4.8, 3km instead of 3.2, 6.5 instead of 6.4, etc etc, right? I just really hate unrounded distances lol.
    Can't wait to get out there in the morning and get started, only thing that concerns me is running 3 consecutive days, I've only ever done 2 in a row before. Onwards and upwards!

I'm doing a cool running plan that I converted and then rounded up. I think better in round numbers lol
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Stupid question which I probably know the answer too but I'm overthinking things and really ought to go find something to do other than stare at my training plan. I'm doing the Hal Higdon Novice 1 half marathon training plan (aka total noob plan) but I do kilometres not miles, and it's really annoying because the conversion leaves me with things like 4.8km, 3.2km, 6.4km, 8.1km. I know, I know, the numbers are round in miles but I'm too used to km. Anyway, question is, surely it won't matter really if I do 5km instead of 4.8, 3km instead of 3.2, 6.5 instead of 6.4, etc etc, right? I just really hate unrounded distances lol.
    Can't wait to get out there in the morning and get started, only thing that concerns me is running 3 consecutive days, I've only ever done 2 in a row before. Onwards and upwards!

You already heard that just rounding up is fine (and what I probably would do in your situtation). But another option for you is to just move the decimal over one. So instead of 3.2km, just run 32km. That way it is nice and round.

Ouch
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @MobyCarp I'll have to check with the running store. Unfortunately they are 60 miles away. But I can call them and ask what they think about it. @noblsheep I have seen replacement bands online, but the one that I ordered didn't fit. I may just have to keep trying until I get the right one. So far the super glue is holding.

@hesn92 I did C25K in October of 2016. I remember Week 5 Day 3 like it was yesterday. I was both excited and nervous about it. @rheddmobile is right. It really is a turning point, at least it was for me.

Yea it’s a big jump up from two 8 minute runs!! :# I’ll be fine though what’s the worst that happen? Lol