September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I don't know how to find them on the website but in the app I hit the three little lines for the menu and there's a challenege option. Some are meal based and some exercise based. If you log it automatically counts and notifies you if you've reached the goal.

@MegaMooseEsq thats why I also pulled up the challenge rules in the app and compared those. The addresses and phone numbers match and the phone number leads to the ad/promo agency. No financial info asked for. The DOB is what throws me but the rules say 18 or over so I'm sure thats the verification part.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    give it a go @Safati
    congrats @RunsOnEspresso
    thanks @zdyb23456

no run in the past 24. parents and i worked on the house. charged the vivoactive. woke up to lightening storm over the house.

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 I wonder why she missed the corner; can you do that by accident pretty easily on a trail race? Or was it just that she regretted it once she realized she was taking a prize?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Safati wrote: »
    hi, I would like to join your group, but I don't like or know how to run. I can exercise for hours but not running....
    I want to start and counting on your help and tips.....
    maybe, I will start with 25K for this month... please add me as friend. I need your help friends

Most people don't like doing things they aren't good at! When I started I hated running, but as I progressed I liked being able to run, and I loved the extra calories. Now I just love running.

I agree with the advice to look up a c25k program. I started with the app on my phone.
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @travelling_lots Thanks! You had so much useful information for me. I am sorry you have gone through it. I am happy to hear you have been clear for so long!
    Thank you, I hope for many more years too.
    Wishing you a successful speedy recovery with many wonderful, healthy years to come.

@PastorVincent wow! Impressive rack. I’ve heard of them but never seen one worse with that amount of medals.
    I think having a rack would inspire me to do races later.

@MegaMooseEsq Congratulations!
    I just joined one too with MFP.
    Good to hear there is acknowledgment on the winners. Did they say what you won?
    That Nathan’s pack looks really nice and breathable. Let me know If it’s not too hot.
    I have one I think different style has no belt in the bottom for support I think would bounce when running so, I use it only for hiking.
    18.00 dollars sounds fantastic!

@rheddmobile interesting. I’ve seen at the end relatives take the bib off the winner and pretend their finishing and the cameras take their photo. But never the awards too. I know it’s serious. But to me sounds funny. (Dry sense of humour here).
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq It seems legit. It was through an agency. Googled and looked through the website. Number they gave matches. It's always a little scary giving out personal info. LOL

That’s interesting.
    Did you sign up with your phone number age and full name?
    I wasn’t given the option on any of that. Just join.
    I would do like some one suggested reply via the MFP site only. If it’s legitimate it will get to the right people and you’ll still get your prize.
    Congratulations again on the winning!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @juliet3455 I wonder why she missed the corner; can you do that by accident pretty easily on a trail race? Or was it just that she regretted it once she realized she was taking a prize?

It is VERY VERY easy at some races, even some road races I have been in. I would assume she missed by mistake unless heard otherwise. *I* have done it by mistake, so I know it is doable. :)

Sometimes trails are poorly marked. Sometimes volunteers direcr people the wrong way. I've seen volunteers mix up directions.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq It seems legit. It was through an agency. Googled and looked through the website. Number they gave matches. It's always a little scary giving out personal info. LOL

That’s interesting.
    Did you sign up with your phone number age and full name?
    I wasn’t given the option on any of that. Just join.
    I would do like some one suggested reply via the MFP site only. If it’s legitimate it will get to the right people and you’ll still get your prize.
    Congratulations again on the winning!

No. I just entered on the app. The email was to my screen name here.

Its not through MFP. It's through an agency. There's no contact except the agency. If you look at the official rules in the app they give the agency name and contact info.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

It is VERY VERY easy at some races, even some road races I have been in. I would assume she missed by mistake unless heard otherwise. *I* have done it by mistake, so I know it is doable. :)

Sometimes trails are poorly marked. Sometimes volunteers direcr people the wrong way. I've seen volunteers mix up directions.

There was one HM I ran where everyone was saying it was "longer than 13.1" but my GPS said 12.9 when I hit the line (there were several confusing spots and I was alone for a good chunk of it, so I assume I missed something) , so I kept running until I hit 13.1 on my watch at least. :)