September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    To all those with the wireless ear-buds: I have a pair that I've been using for a while now that I got for $5 from 5 Below. I understand that yes, you get what you pay for, but quite honestly, the only issues I've had so far is 1: not water proof, 2: only 2 hours on a charge and 3: I have my phone in a waist pouch, and on occasion, they will do the cutting in & out if the phone is too far away (if It is on the other side of the body, for example). I usually have only 1 bud in (my right ear) and the phone on my right hip.

Do the newer buds - like the AfterShokz or MPow Flames for example - have issues like that or is it just cause I'm cheap that that is a problem?
    I bought a new pair just a month and a half ago. My old pair was very reliable and had none of your issues but the new pair is not so good.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    09/02 - 8.5 hot humid miles
    09/03 - 10 miles
    09/04 - Back to the car shop - yay
    09/05 - 8.5 humid miles
    09/06 - 8 humid miles
    09/07 - 9 humid miles
    09/08 - Storming
    09/09 - Storming
    09/10 - 13.1 miles
    09/11 - 8 miles
    09/12 - Date Night - No Run
    09/13 - Forget what happened
    09/14 - 16 miles
    09/15 - 10 miles
    09/16 - 9 miles
    09/17 - 8 miles
    09/18 - 10 miles
    09/19 - Date Night - No Run
    09/20 - 11 miles
    09/21 - 0 miles
    09/22 - Pittsburgh Fly By 5k
    09/23 - 0 miles
    09/24 - 0 miles

Upcoming Races:

Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

--More as I find them - need to find a nice trail race

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Leaden legs + howling cold wind + threat of heavy rain showers + can't be arsed = went anyway.

Nice to know we aren't the only ones being whacked by this wind. It's awful, i can't seem to get warm. You did better than me though lol. I only managed 5k
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Regarding earbuds - I got 2 pairs of the cheapest $5 pairs. one was awful and died within a few months. The other was great for about a year or so. it now has a loose cable so the left one cuts in and out. and It needs to be close to the source. If I had my phone in my bra or in a arm carrier on the left, the reciever on the right would cut in and out. phone in a running belt midline and it was fine.

My new ones (2 days old) so far are great, no cutting out. beautiful sound (for me, I'm not picky). I got them for half price, around $40usd. but will see what happens. I tend to be pretty brutal to earphones.

Today I nearly skipped out on my scheduled 5k. It was blowing a storm overnight, cold and wet. The wind hadnt let up in the morning but it wasn't as wet. So I went - damn you @PastorVincent you have become a flea in my ear when it comes to crap weather and almost not running lol. The wind was harsh with horizontal rain, and it was FREEZING! Fortunately the rain eased within about 5 minutes, and the wind dropped about 10 minutes after that lol. So the first 2.5k was nasty, but the remaining 2.5 was fine.

I'm happy with the new shoes. A friend showed me a trick on tieing them and I think it made a difference. some much more comfortable!

Good! :D