Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY Thursday, 9/20/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :/
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke :)
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)
    6) Go to the gym :)

JFT Friday, 9/21/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke
    5) Work on orders from my shop
    6) Go to the gym
    7) Clean the house
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    1. Eat when hungry - stop when full. :) Stressful day = low calories
    2. Log all food. :)
    3. Drink four waters at work. :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :) homemade dirty rice, leave out onions next time.
    5. Be Kind Bring back inner cheerleader, kick out inner critic. :| Was kind of in survival mode - avoid disassociating and remain in present moment more - say what you feel!
    6. Chose to do whatever it is that will make me feel good not only in the moment but when I wake up tomorrow :) Grace and Frankie for some laughs always helps.
    7. Open joint bank account :)

1. Eat when hungry - stop when full
    2. Drink 4 waters at work
    3. Grocery list - stop at store
    4. Be Kind Bring back inner cheerleader, kick out inner critic.
    5. Test and chem hot tub
    6. Wash blankets at laundromat
    7. Finishing touches on guest house - move ladder, coffee and danish, silverware and cups, make bed, move tv.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hi all

At the hospital with my sister today. I stayed at the boyfriend’s last night as he lives nearby. Ate KFC and an embarrassing amount of chocolate and have already snacked a bit this morning but I just don’t care today. Got in a good hour long walk here this morning and will try and keep moving while waiting today but wil just eat whatever is easiest today and not stress about calories. One or two days really don’t matter in the big scheme of things!

Thursday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pack clothes for Friday ✅
    - Portion and freeze food ✅
    - Get all planning done ✅ and printed
    - home on time to see girls
    - drive to bf to stay over (his place is near the hospital) ✅
    - Early night (have to meet my sister at the hospital at 7:30) ❎ too busy eating chocolate!

Friday goals
    - morning walk ✅
    - Walk while sister has operation (get some fresh air)
    - Call S later to check P ok sleeping over
    - Confirm girls’ pick up arrangements
    - Sort out where to stay tonight

Have a good day all x

No doubt your sister is grateful for your presence. Chocolate! It's such a great comfort food :)
    Peace and joy
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    UPDATE!!! YIPPIEEEEE!!!
    MY OLDEST DAUGHTER IS OUT OF ICU AND IN A REGULAR ROOM!
    Hallelujah!💃💃💃

Woohoooooo!!!!! That is great news!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Extremely stressful day at work. HR really messed up my paycheck and when I asked why a large portion of my check was missing, HR lady claimed I hadn’t filled out all of my timesheet and due to my error I wouldn’t be fully reimbursed for my hours (it’s more complex than that but that’s the gist). Money is a huge stressor for me. I have mountains of student debt so finances are a big thing. I ended up talking with my direct supervisor and then the director of my organization and they both said it was phooey and I would get fully paid for all of my hours...on the next paycheck. Puts me in a tight spot financially for a few weeks but happy I’m being paid what I worked for. So I’m pretty drained emotionally tonight. Anywho thanks for *listening* as always.

For today:
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups ✅
    Water challenge ✅
    Gratitude: today I am thankful for people who have my back
    Sleep log: bed at 10:30, up at 7 :(
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    Be kind to myself
    1 act of self-care
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Daily gratitude
    Sleep log
    Post here for accountability

I don't understand companies that have the "next payday rule" . I am the HR and Payroll person and have been for years in my previous jobs. I have been known to fight head office when need be to get people their pay faster. My general rule of thumb is $200. If they are owed that or more it should be paid out immediately, if it's less and the employee gives me a good story I will fight for them for that as well. Everyone deserves to be paid in a timely manner.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Recap 9/20 R ~ Rainy day = planned rest day + sad dog
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 7,577 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 & 35 floors :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged (leftovers & eat up produce day) / net calories w/i 100 green / 12c water = Mostly stuck w/ plan but had evening snack of veggie straws. Net calories -209, sodium -881, sugar -12, fiber & protein good, 14c water :neutral:
    3) Evening: choir :smiley: / check hummingbird feeder & refill if needed :smiley: boiled syrup & refilled feeder / wash dishes :s exhausted / read Sunday ads :s / more to-do's? :s absolutely no energy
    4) Unplug 9:00 :o fell asleep AGAIN on couch w/ Kitty napping on me / FLOSS :s / retainers :smiley: / verify alarm, in bed & TV off 10:20 :p since I didn't wake up from "nap" until 10:45, no. Verified time on phone alarm but forgot to unmute! :# (walk dog F before work weather permitting ~ we're in very rainy pattern)

JFT 9/21 TGIF
    1) Walked dog 2.66 mi 46:01 before work / had to shorten route since another me/alarm fail ~ apparently I forgot to unmute my phone after choir last night & "missed" my alarm / no time for stretching = happy dog :smiley: & ok me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged, including veggie pizza at BFF's tonight / don't go overboard with friends ~ enjoy 1-2 adult beverages / keep net calories reasonable / 12c water
    4) Taking Kitty and dog to vet after lunch for routine visits / last year took hubby and me 3 tries with Kitty / don't stress & have positive attitude that we will get Kitty in carrier

That's enough for today!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    For Those Who are Joining Me
    For the I'm In It To Win It Sprint

How'd you do yesterday? Are you pushing yourself? Are you drinking enough water? Logging? Exercising? Just saying NO?!

This morning I weigh 151lbs. 2 Down and 6 to go!!!
    I am hoping I can push through this time (3rd time since July) and gain entrance in the 40's club!

There are now
    3d8cr279br1b.png
    lg2ev6aqmm6y.png

Peace and joy
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Sept 20
    2L of Water - :/ 1.75
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) 160
    Outside 15 Minutes - :/ I don't think so.
    Only 1 evening snack - :) Only had a little bit of cheese
    5 Fruits and Veggies - >:) 1/5
    Exercise for 30 Minutes - :/ No exercise, but I didn't stop moving except for about 1/2 an hour after I got home from work
    Move every hour at work - :/ 3/6
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Friday Sept 21
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes - Likely not. IT"S SNOWING AGAIN!!!!!!
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Exercise for 30 Minutes
    Move every hour at work
    Write in Journal

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5
    Sept 14 - 3/5
    Sept 15 - 1/5
    Sept 16 - 1/5
    Sept 17 - 2/5
    Sept 18 - 4/5
    Sept 19 - 4/5
    Sept 20 - 1/5

Well my mood never did get much better yesterday. My shelf never got hung last night. When I got home from work with fast food (I wasn't in the mood to cook and I really wanted a burger) I found out that the dryer was being delivered again. So the dryer gets there and we hook it up and again it doesn't work. The element heats up, but the dryer doesn't spin. The appliance guy looks at it and says it worked at the shop. He tests the outlet on the O Meter and come to find out it's not sending out the currents properly. He takes the plate off the outlet after I thought I shut the right breaker off and come to find out there is a wire not attached. We get it all fixed the dryer works, so I decide to do some laundry in my own home for the first time in 2 years! I wash the clothes, put them in the dryer and the dryer isn't venting properly, it got so hot that I decide it's dangerous so ended up at the laundromat at 9pm doing my laundry.
    I tried to hang my shelf by myself last night and ended up putting a hole in my wall. Also, there is something wrong with the hose for the dishwasher as it's not draining properly either. I guess this is all part of life and I just need to calm down usually these little things don't bother me. I usually just laugh them off.

I talked to my friend last night at length while I was at the laundromat. I am not an angry person and I don't like this feeling. I think we figured out that the homesickness I have been feeling is probably the major culprit of my mood, then to have all of this crappy weather since really the first week of August it's no wonder I'm miserable.

My brother knows how homesick I am and last night he posted a video on my FB wall about this guy that doesn't take time to talk to his mother and then is shocked when his mother is diagnosed with Alzheimers and doesn't remember him. I thought that was pretty insensitive of my brother, it's not like I'm trying to ignore my Mom, he won't allow her to have a phone so I can't just pick up the phone and call her. The deal was he would call me when he went to see her every time and he either isn't calling or isn't visiting. I have only talked to my Mom twice since her birthday on May 1st.

Ok enough B***ching. Here's a pretty scene out my office window this morning.082a3af5n0qw.jpg

• toaljasa
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Sept 20
    Exercise for 30 Minutes - :/ No exercise, but I didn't stop moving except for about 1/2 an hour after I got home from work

JFT - Friday Sept 21
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Exercise for 30 Minutes
    Move every hour at work
    Write in Journal

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5
    Sept 14 - 3/5
    Sept 15 - 1/5
    Sept 16 - 1/5
    Sept 17 - 2/5
    Sept 18 - 4/5
    Sept 19 - 4/5
    Sept 20 - 1/5

Well my mood never did get much better yesterday. My shelf never got hung last night. When I got home from work with fast food (I wasn't in the mood to cook and I really wanted a burger) I found out that the dryer was being delivered again. So the dryer gets there and we hook it up and again it doesn't work. The element heats up, but the dryer doesn't spin. The appliance guy looks at it and says it worked at the shop. He tests the outlet on the O Meter and come to find out it's not sending out the currents properly. He takes the plate off the outlet after I thought I shut the right breaker off and come to find out there is a wire not attached. We get it all fixed the dryer works, so I decide to do some laundry in my own home for the first time in 2 years! I wash the clothes, put them in the dryer and the dryer isn't venting properly, it got so hot that I decide it's dangerous so ended up at the laundromat at 9pm doing my laundry.
    I tried to hang my shelf by myself last night and ended up putting a hole in my wall. Also, there is something wrong with the hose for the dishwasher as it's not draining properly either. I guess this is all part of life and I just need to calm down usually these little things don't bother me. I usually just laugh them off.

I talked to my friend last night at length while I was at the laundromat. I am not an angry person and I don't like this feeling. I think we figured out that the homesickness I have been feeling is probably the major culprit of my mood, then to have all of this crappy weather since really the first week of August it's no wonder I'm miserable.

My brother knows how homesick I am and last night he posted a video on my FB wall about this guy that doesn't take time to talk to his mother and then is shocked when his mother is diagnosed with Alzheimers and doesn't remember him. I thought that was pretty insensitive of my brother, it's not like I'm trying to ignore my Mom, he won't allow her to have a phone so I can't just pick up the phone and call her. The deal was he would call me when he went to see her every time and he either isn't calling or isn't visiting. I have only talked to my Mom twice since her birthday on May 1st.

Ok enough B***ching. Here's a pretty scene out my office window this morning.082a3af5n0qw.jpg

Does your mom live in a nursing facility?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT - Thursday Sept 20

JFT - Friday Sept 21
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Exercise for 30 Minutes
    Move every hour at work
    Write in Journal

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5
    Sept 14 - 3/5
    Sept 15 - 1/5
    Sept 16 - 1/5
    Sept 17 - 2/5
    Sept 18 - 4/5
    Sept 19 - 4/5
    Sept 20 - 1/5

Yes she does, she was put in last year in December. I live in Alberta, they are in New Brunswick. It's about $1000 for a flight home, which is why I haven't been able to go visit.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Sept 20

JFT - Friday Sept 21
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Exercise for 30 Minutes
    Move every hour at work
    Write in Journal

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5
    Sept 14 - 3/5
    Sept 15 - 1/5
    Sept 16 - 1/5
    Sept 17 - 2/5
    Sept 18 - 4/5
    Sept 19 - 4/5
    Sept 20 - 1/5

Yes she does, she was put in last year in December. I live in Alberta, they are in New Brunswick. It's about $1000 for a flight home, which is why I haven't been able to go visit.

Can you contact the nursing home and arrange a time with them that you can call in and they hand the phone to your mom? I have found that the staff will do all they can to connect people with loved ones. Another thought, that I have done is to arrange to send an email to the nursing home, and with photos if they can print them, and then take them to your mom for her to read or to be read to.

Are there things you can give up that will enable you to save $100/month?

It is hard being so far away from parents.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Sept 20

JFT - Friday Sept 21
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Exercise for 30 Minutes
    Move every hour at work
    Write in Journal

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5
    Sept 14 - 3/5
    Sept 15 - 1/5
    Sept 16 - 1/5
    Sept 17 - 2/5
    Sept 18 - 4/5
    Sept 19 - 4/5
    Sept 20 - 1/5

Can you contact the nursing home and arrange a time with them that you can call in and they hand the phone to your mom? I have found that the staff will do all they can to connect people with loved ones. Another thought, that I have done is to arrange to send an email to the nursing home, and with photos if they can print them, and then take them to your mom for her to read or to be read to.

I haven't tried calling the home to see if they would be willing to do that, that's a great idea! I do send her cards with pictures in it and I have an acquaintance that works in the home that shows her the pictures and videos I post on fb. I can ask them about sending an email too.

Right now we are struggling just to pay our bills. My husband works seasonal and is about due to be on layoff again. (This snow is not helping that situation at all). I am in a position that I am on call 24/7 for the company that I work for so have to be able to take calls and possibly attend a site, so even other jobs that I have applied for as a part time job won't take me. I have been thinking of trying to come up with some more crafts that aren't just Christmas-y so I can open a shop on Etsy or something to earn some extra money.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Sept 20

JFT - Friday Sept 21
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Exercise for 30 Minutes
    Move every hour at work
    Write in Journal

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5
    Sept 14 - 3/5
    Sept 15 - 1/5
    Sept 16 - 1/5
    Sept 17 - 2/5
    Sept 18 - 4/5
    Sept 19 - 4/5
    Sept 20 - 1/5

I haven't tried calling the home to see if they would be willing to do that, that's a great idea! I do send her cards with pictures in it and I have an acquaintance that works in the home that shows her the pictures and videos I post on fb. I can ask them about sending an email too.

Right now we are struggling just to pay our bills. My husband works seasonal and is about due to be on layoff again. (This snow is not helping that situation at all). I am in a position that I am on call 24/7 for the company that I work for so have to be able to take calls and possibly attend a site, so even other jobs that I have applied for as a part time job won't take me. I have been thinking of trying to come up with some more crafts that aren't just Christmas-y so I can open a shop on Etsy or something to earn some extra money.

Have you thought of doing wedding favours? Or birthday related craft? (especially for kids)

There's always someone getting married and always a kids birthday!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT - Thursday Sept 20

JFT - Friday Sept 21
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Exercise for 30 Minutes
    Move every hour at work
    Write in Journal

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5
    Sept 14 - 3/5
    Sept 15 - 1/5
    Sept 16 - 1/5
    Sept 17 - 2/5
    Sept 18 - 4/5
    Sept 19 - 4/5
    Sept 20 - 1/5

Have you thought of doing wedding favours? Or birthday related craft? (especially for kids)

There's always someone getting married and always a kids birthday!

I have actually made wedding invitations for about 10 weddings now. Birthday parties for kids is a good idea.... I could do paint parties or a craft party with them.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Ah messed up today. As of now I'm only just in the green but i will be over by tonight!
    But going to keep the damage as minimal as possible!
    Will update in the morning! Spending the night watching movies with OH. Never know might burn some calories there ;)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @bex953172 - That's a great way to burn calories, helps the moods too! ;) I am just thinking about lunch here, with the snow I feel like soup is a good way to go.
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Snowflake had snow! Wow. Took the kid on a sailing schooner today. Lovely here in Chesapeake Bay but of course, afterward he was sick...as in drive home very fast and shower him and his clothes down. Allergies I think and he did not take his pill. Oh well, he feels better and I have sprayed a pine scented can of air freshener. I feel off the wagon big time but the calorie count is reading about 1200 for the one meal. Will just have to wade back onto the boat with you all. Mixed metaphors.

Okay, will be drinking water rest of day (sounds good as all that food must be still in my throat).
    Going to mow as in haven't mowed in weeks-guess I will use the push mower but maybe try riding mower. Got to get son back onto his classes he missed today. I need bigger shin guards for him and soccer game is 11 am tomorrow. Back to calories, water, and try exercise.

Hope all well. Can a see a bit better.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    You would think with my screen name I liked snow wouldn't you LOL